Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Discuss Everest Ride Competition in the Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Forum forums; When logging onto VMK tonight, I realized their newsletter had changed. Wanting to inform myself with the new info, I came across this information: Everest Ride Competition The Everest Ride ...
    GlamorousTink is offline B-Ticket Holder

Question Everest Ride Competition

When logging onto VMK tonight, I realized their newsletter had changed. Wanting to inform myself with the new info, I came across this information:

Everest Ride Competition

The Everest Ride Competition is coming to VMK. This will be a team-based room competition where Players form an Expedition Party and build their version of the ride featured at www.disneyeverest.com

Each team is to have one Expedition Leader, whose role is to coordinate the team and register the team for the expedition.

Here are the rules:
    • Each Expedition Party is to consist of no less than 6 and no more than 20 members
    • The ride may not exceed 30 rooms in length
    • Players may only be on one Expedition Party
    • Each member of the Expedition Party must contribute at least one room to the ride
    • The Expedition Leader must be the owner of the Base Camp room, where the team's ride begins
    Choose a name for your Expedition Party. Choose carefully, it must be allowable in VMK and must fit into the room name, preceded by Base Camp (example: Base Camp Dumbo). No "dictionary dances" are permitted in any Expedition Party room names (example: Base Camp Dumbo To is not allowed).

Registration will be open Monday February 6 through Sunday February 12. The Expedition Leader will provide the names of all Expedition Party members as well as the names of all rooms in the Expedition Party's ride. Late entries will not be accepted.

Once a team's registration has been submitted no changes may be made to team name or team membership. Only registered teams will be judged.

Judging will take place between the following times:
    • Friday February 24, 2:30 - 8:30pm Pacific
    • Saturday February 25, 8:30am -7:30pm Pacific
    • Sunday February 26, 8:30am - 7:30pm Pacific
    The ride must be open to all Players during judging hours. At least one member of the Expedition Party must be present in Base Camp or the ride cannot be judged; it is up to the Expedition Leader to coordinate coverage of the team's Base Camp. All VMK Values will be strictly enforced.

Begin now to plan your assault on Everest!

This seems like a job for the -Trivia Team- builders. I am not a part of the builders (at least not yet. My fingers are crossed that sometime I will be able to build a room for the trivia team!) I just wanted to inform anyone who was there. If someone from the trivia team (maybe Tampa or dougitmcnuggit) wanted to start an expedition group, I would love to join. This seems like a lot of fun! I hope this didn't offend any of the original trivia team players (since I'm a newbie trivia team member) because I was the one (probably not the first one, maybe the 9th or 10th) who informed some of you. I apologize if this did offend. I definitely don't want to be an expedition leader anyways, so these are just the directions for the true leader. I can't wait for the competition! The trivia team is long overdue for a well deserved (you should have won all those other times before, when people who copied your ideas won) win! Thanks!

BlueSomebody is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Arg, Your two minutes off! I posted my entry first! Lets see who will have more players.

I know, I don't want to be the leader of the project anyways. Look back at your thread, people, go to BlueSomebody's thread, I am just here to inform. Sorry. I just want to join!

P.S. I do enjoy good competition, but this is not my ground to compete on!
    Last edited by GlamorousTink; 01-27-2006 at 09:04 PM. Reason: I almost forgot

Quote Originally Posted by GlamorousTink
    I know, I don't want to be the leader of the project anyways. Look back at your thread, people, go to BlueSomebody's thread, I am just here to inform. Sorry. I just want to join!

P.S. I do enjoy good competition, but this is not my ground to compete on!
    Wow. I thought you wanted to be the leader. If you want, tink, you can close this thread.

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Blue, have I told you that you're bouncing-off-the-walls-weird?

thanks for the heads up Tink!

lol..

the newsletter features pics of winners, yet they are not the winners.. lame main page strikes again.

u vmk

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa
    Blue, have I told you that you're bouncing-off-the-walls-weird?

thanks for the heads up Tink!
    Ranch, have I told you that this is getting really annoying and I reserve the right to report you at any given time? You think I'm weird but some people have a friendship with me. Dude, you really have to stop this.
    Last edited by BlueSomebody; 01-27-2006 at 11:33 PM.

dfreakace is offline Slowly Bringing Green Back Into Style
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSomebody
    Ranch, have I told you that this is getting really annoying and I reserve the right to report you at any given time? You think I'm weird but some people have a friendship with me. Dude, you really have to stop this.
    Whoa! *steps in between the two of you*, boys play nice. I'm curious as to who the leader of the everest comp. will be.
    VMK ADDICT!

VMK Name: Dfreakace
    Current Project: Going to lead a Mini -MM- Build

That's Me!

Dumbogal is offline Sarcasm - Just another free service I offer..
    Actually - after reading about it earlier - I was toying with taking the reigns on this one...

Thinking about it
    Dizpinfriend on VMK

Once she was a lowly housemaid dressed in rags. Now she's got a fairy godmother, she's filthy rich, and she lives in a palace with her dreamboat husband.......It's further proof, that the right shoes CAN change your life!

My own low-tech version of Push!!!

dfreakace is offline Slowly Bringing Green Back Into Style
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbogal
    Actually - after reading about it earlier - I was toying with taking the reigns on this one...

Thinking about it
    I would support you in that friend
    VMK ADDICT!

VMK Name: Dfreakace
    Current Project: Going to lead a Mini -MM- Build

That's Me!

adisneyprincess is offline I'll be the next Disney Princess, you just wait and see
    I would be behind you. As for Ranch and Blue play nice you two, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.
    I really am a Princess, hiding out in a not so fairy tale Life

The Eeyore Queen, the Lady with the list. The one the only Shayleen in VMK

805 Eeyores and growing

Stay off this thread Blue, and DON'T tell people to close their threads! You have NO RIGHT here at DWT to tell ANYONE to go ahead and close their thread.

You've tried hijacking my rides, put viruses on this site, and totally butchered every thread you've posted on. And now you're telling someone close their thread? You have worn out your welcome here, and I will put with it no longer.

GrmGrnningGhost is offline Friends Call Me Snow Miser...
    *Resist urge to get in argument a explode with anger*

Thanks for the heads up this might be a cool thing to do. I am all willing to do this
    Josh

The happy haunts have received your simpathetic vibrations, and are begining to materialize.They're assembling for a swinging wake,and they will be expecting me.I will see you all a little later

I'm Mister White Christmas
    I'm Mister Snow
    I'm Mister Icicle
    I'm Mister Ten Below
    Friends call me Snow Miser
    What ever I touch
    Turns to snow in my clutch
    I'm too much!

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa
    Stay off this thread Blue, and DON'T tell people to close their threads! You have NO RIGHT here at DWT to tell ANYONE to go ahead and close their thread.

You've tried hijacking my rides, put viruses on this site, and totally butchered every thread you've posted on. And now you're telling someone close their thread? You have worn out your welcome here, and I will put with it no longer.
    I completely agree. Most of what you say is negative and it's getting old.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Hey DumboGal, I never wanted to be a leader anyways. I have got your back as well, if you let me contribute a room. May I please be a part of your expedition everest team? (I put in please Please reply with an answer. Thanks in advance! (hopefully)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast