Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Discuss OT: The Magic Destroyed For Years To Come.. in the Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Forum forums; So I had a FP from a week earlier to ride Soarin that I had saved right? It's burning a hole in my pocket, hey.. lets go use it, right?! ...
    Tampa is offline No longer in service

OT: The Magic Destroyed For Years To Come..

So I had a FP from a week earlier to ride Soarin that I had saved right? It's burning a hole in my pocket, hey.. lets go use it, right?! Wrong! A CM (Dan) and his supervisor (Shauntee, I know.. sounds like a chick, but he's male) told me I cannot board, my unused FP is no good. As if hit by a train, all my brain could proccess and spit out was, "Are you serious"?! Each time saying it louder and louder till I now noticed I've got the entire Land looking at me.

With their names in hand, I stomped my way over to guest services to where they summoned the Soarin head supervisor (Johnathan, I could tell at first glance he was useless) to come deal with me to where his ideal way to make this guest happy, was to hand me a mail in form so thay I can complain from home. I said in huge disappointment, "Great! Now I need to talk to YOUR supervisor!", all while standing in line again at services and again, with people staring at me as I'm being made to come completely unglued. I ended our little chat with, "You're worthless, and you're in the wrong profession dude.. go back to your hole!"

So he crawls away, and now I'm made to stand in GS's line again, and thank God for the GS window dude there (Anthony), he went above and beyond his duties to see that someone handled my rage. From there, the guest services manager came out to see me (Scott). A very nice guy who in the begining, sided with his staff by saying the FP expired. I told him not only has this never happened to me in my 17 years of visitng this park, but I have never encountered CMs like this to where I've been so angry. I'm a premium AP holder, sporting a lanyard full of CM pins, had on a AK shirt and a MK button up, my AK aussie hat on and was carrying a bag with a park music CD and candy. Needless to say, I'm WDW all the way, and I spend way too much money here to have a FP I saved (like I always do) to be not only denied, but turned into a freak show with me being the star. If I had 5-10 people with me, all sporting the same FP, then I can understand this nonsense, but to go this far on a single rider?

Scott heard me out and I assume he felt I was in the right, or just wanted to stifle me by that time, because he then disappeared, and came back with this:

I made my way back to Soarin', and had requested that Shauntee handle my boarding of the flight. After another 10 minutes or so and me having every Soarin' gate CM that I could find page him, he finally shows his face. I handed him the yellow slip and said, "Here you go ma'am, my complaint was heard and validated." Just as I predicted, he wouldn't take it, but told me to give it to the FP gate CM. I then replied, "Good idea, being that my family is in the Disney corporation, I'll need her name too for being so helpfull! Remember me dude."
    Last edited by Tampa; 05-11-2006 at 11:29 AM.

How does this effect the magic for me for years to come? Well, I seriously doubt I'll ever buy another AP again and without that, a trip to WDW becomes not such a good idea.

Dumbogal is offline Sarcasm - Just another free service I offer..
    OK dude - this is what you do...

Type out your business form letter - fill in ALL details - good and bad...

At the very bottom of letter on the right hand side type the following:

CC:
    Robert Iger - CEO
    George J. Mitchell - Chairman of the Board
    Jay Rasulo - Division Head - Disney Theme Parks

That will get some attention - print out several copies of the same letter, and i will retrieve the proper mailing addresses for the people listed above. When something upsets a guest this much - it should be heard by top brass!!!
    Dizpinfriend on VMK

Once she was a lowly housemaid dressed in rags. Now she's got a fairy godmother, she's filthy rich, and she lives in a palace with her dreamboat husband.......It's further proof, that the right shoes CAN change your life!

My own low-tech version of Push!!!

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Man i don't know how you have gotten away with that for so long. It must be all the Disney gear. I have been told that like 5 times. I won't even try anymore because the result is the same everytime for me. So just be glad this is your first time. I will say they one time that they were the rudest to me was on Soaring. Those people made me feel like a criminal. The worst part was I made it through the first opening gate with no prob. then I get to the last point and they won't let me and my wife ride. I am still steaming about this.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

Bottom line is - NO guest - regardless right or wrong should be made that upset. As a former Disney Lead cast member - I know the training they receive - heck - I have taught Traditions and done hiring for the Disney Stores in NYC - there is NO ACCEPTABLE reason to make a guest feel like that - UNACCEPTABLE!!!
    Last edited by Dumbogal; 05-11-2006 at 02:14 PM.
    Dizpinfriend on VMK

Once she was a lowly housemaid dressed in rags. Now she's got a fairy godmother, she's filthy rich, and she lives in a palace with her dreamboat husband.......It's further proof, that the right shoes CAN change your life!

Joey,

I know you are upset now - but listen - do not let one or two idiots ruin the magic for you.

Think of all the good experiences you have had and try to balance it.... In most cases the good far out-weighs the bad...
    Dizpinfriend on VMK

LadyDooley is offline A Wishing Apple?
    Yea Dude!!!!

Don't forget, the night time parade is different from the day time parade!!!
    And in that night time parade that Queen of hearts wanted you pretty bad!!!

Loves First Kiss!

Oh - she's a pretty girl...

Dizpinfriend on VMK

The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbogal
    OK dude - this is what you do...

Type out your business form letter - fill in ALL details - good and bad...

At the very bottom of letter on the right hand side type the following:

CC:
    Robert Iger - CEO
    George J. Mitchell - Chairman of the Board
    Jay Rasulo - Division Head - Disney Theme Parks

That will get some attention - print out several copies of the same letter, and i will retrieve the proper mailing addresses for the people listed above. When something upsets a guest this much - it should be heard by top brass!!!
    Any chance I can get those addresses too?

Something happened yesterday whereas I feel the need to voice my concerns about the treatment of the CMs in Hong Kong Disneyland
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    Wow, they looked it over that well, to see the date in the tiny corner!!!!! We haven't attempted that yet but I had saved some on our last trip that we were going to attempt to use the next day, but didn't.
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skiyalater
    Wow, they looked it over that well..
    actually, I had shown them a re-entry pass I had that was good only for MK, when I found the Soarin' FP that was still "good", it was then that they decided a single rider with a prior FP is just way too much overflow for the attraction. WDW will hire anybody.

Soccergirl426 is offline Annual Passholder
    That Shauntee sounds like the WORST CM I've ever heard of. WOW!
    You should just tell his boss about him. Title it- "Meanest CM" or something.
    And don't let this "experince" change the magic for you! Just take a few deep breaths, its ok...

NewKidaye is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Being NewJearsyan I get that once or twice a week...
    Where did I go?

CruiseLineFan is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Ranch,

Please don't let the antics of a few sour people ruin it for you. You need to take issue with the proper people, send in your letters of complaint and hopefully you will find some resolution.

I, like Joanne, am a former cast member (9 1/2 years) and I agree with her, this is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. Unfortunately, right now the parks are hiring basically anyone who breathes and doesn't die on the job. My very best friend is a manager with photo imaging and she could tell you stories about the kind of people they are sometimes forced to hire due to large crowds. Still, it is not right, but please do not let it ruin for you.

I had a horrible experience a many years ago while still a castmember. I was trying to get a double stroller for my girls at Epcot (seems like a lot of problems are at Epcot). I was fairly new to the Disney Company and not quite sure what I was entitled to by way of discounts and such. The day before I had gotten a double stroller at MK with no problem. However, this day I was subjected to the rants and shouting of an extremely irrate CM who basically told me that I was trying to "rip off the company" and I should know better, threw my cast ID back at me and screamed at the top of his lungs for all those around to see. I was extremely embarassed and not quite sure how to react. I apologized for not knowing the policy (mind you, we never got info on what we recieved for discounts/benefits) and said that I did not encounter any problem at MK. He went on to scream and shout and said that if I got a double stroller at discount, it would come out of his pocket. That is when I got irritated. I told him that no money would come out of his pocket, that he was being extremely disrespectful, and had no business working there. Oddly enough, the lady behind me was also a CM and wanted the exact same thing. I marched myself down to GS to find out the situation and to complain. Needless to say I found out later that the CM was fired.

It took me a long time to get over that incident but I did.

Hang in there and keep the faith.
    Cruiselinefan!

Embarassment was the prime issure here too, and like Maestro said, they made me out to be a criminal in front of the Soarin' gate, so you know people were stopped to watch. I really hope my time spent complaining is heard because it went from the Soarin' supervisor to a guest relations manager. I've never had a problem with the FP system, nor a CM to this magnitude.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast