Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Discuss A History Of VMK Events in the Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Forum forums; I don't have have the times and dates that these events were forced upon us, but I'll do the best I can.. Starting with the first: VMK Main Street Parade ...
    Tampa is offline No longer in service

A History Of VMK Events

I don't have have the times and dates that these events were forced upon us, but I'll do the best I can.. Starting with the first:

VMK Main Street Parade - was celebrated either in beta mode, or right after. I had the pleasure of missing out on this "completely lame" event that I've heard so much about, but I also hear staff walked down MS and gave inferno to a bunch of lucky parade watchers or something. I'm sure I was doing something much more interesting at the time.

Pin Trading Guest Rooms - as if in a scramble to actually have an agenda, VMK slapped three of these events on us, back to back. This was almost a condition course on getting prepared for "base camp sitting" as you would have to sit in your pin trading room for about 4 hours during the event and hope to God a staff comes by and makes it worth your time. And as time had it, players who staff felt, "didn't make the cut" saw nothing from this event, while players that never got judged in time saw spooky magic.

Maze (Halloween) - the all time most worse event VMK has ever held, and will ever have. From lines of 500 people to people blocking a single teleporter. After 2 days of this event, VMK gave up and allowed people to meet staff at the maze exit and say they got stuck to recieve the prize of a candy cauldron. I've seen one guy with over 30 of them from this huge blooper.

Everest Ride Competition - a close second to having the worse event of all time title, this event required players to form a team, register the team with everything from builder order to room titles being EXACT to how you'll have them later. They required build teams to, "Recreate their own Everest ride" and have them keep it open for an entire weekend.. nonstop. Winners of this event built anything but an Everest remake, and won 1st place pins that apparently, were a one shot deal. The only light in the sewer tunnel of this event, is that our park is now the proud owner of it's own Virtual Expedition Everest! Made to be 1/32 scale, it's the next best thing to actually riding.

Everest Ride-A-Thon - One of the more efficient events ever bestowed upon us. Simply ride, reach the exit, get an everest rock chair. This event presented future tiki items, like surboard tables and thrones made of straw, and the fact that some staff actually knew how to build!

Slide-A-Thon - A remake this Everest Ride-A-Thon, now with more people, huge gaming bugs, and items to win that are extremely vital to partake in their next event. And I am almost completely convinced that someone on VMK staff is reading along with us, as these new "45 degree angle ride pieces" were completely predicted, and hoped for by us! Show us some doombuggy track.. and I'm shouting royalties!

Did I miss an event? Post it and I'll review it!

dfreakace is offline Slowly Bringing Green Back Into Style
    I remember the halloween costume event where some players got inferno while others... were out of town (points finger at own face), I'd love to hear what you say about that one.

And wasn't there another ride-a-thon for how we got our purple super-hero suits?
    VMK ADDICT!

VMK Name: Dfreakace
    Current Project: Going to lead a Mini -MM- Build

That's Me!

LadyDooley is offline A Wishing Apple?
    all in all the events are getting a bit better as I am hoping they are learning from some really really bad mistakes!!!!

You know I NEVER did get the candy caldron but that is a whole other story my dear!!!!

Loves First Kiss!

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Wasn't there an event were you created a room with "celebration" or "I can't remember" and then wait and wait AND WAIT to win a pin or something?

Quote Originally Posted by dfreakace
    And wasn't there another ride-a-thon for how we got our purple super-hero suits?

I'm not sure, I think I was in WDW that entire time and my BFf looked out and made sure I was good to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch
    Wasn't there an event were you created a room with "celebration" or "I can't remember" and then wait and wait AND WAIT to win a pin or something?

Sure was.. and it was lame! That's the one people that never got judged got spooky magic, while we got squat!

shadesofgreen96 is offline Don't ask me O_o
    Somewhere there in between insanity and crazyness..
    Oh yeah.....I remember the judgings....I was in my friend's room and she got to get judged - what month was that in?
    ~*Shadesofgreen96*~

I believe
    I believe in believing - until my very last minute of truth , I don't give up . even when it will be hard to see it through
    I will go on
    I will go on , no matter what , still dedicated all the way through
    I'll live my dreams the same way I do my life , by taking one step at a time