Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Discuss I want the team's opinion in the Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Forum forums; What do you all think about a Team Trivia Help Desk? I saw that a community leader had something similar to this going on and I thought, well why not ...
    dfreakace is offline Slowly Bringing Green Back Into Style

I want the team's opinion

What do you all think about a Team Trivia Help Desk? I saw that a community leader had something similar to this going on and I thought, well why not have a Team version? It could help players on quests, with comments about rides, and it would give us a good chance to see what other players think about us/our rides. I was thinking of something similar to what is below. Well kinda... I'll explain. I made a little "model"

So you see, there are four help stations on the outside wall of a lounge-type area. This allows for four "guests" to be helped at a time. The difference with this help desk as compared to the other one is that we do not have the dilemma of having to choose from a ton of CLs to help each day, we know who is on our team, lol. Also there would be a teleporter placed behind the desk which takes away the hassle of moving furniture around to get helpers back there as well as the room owner having to be available to move it. Which could have been a pain

My idea for this help desk is simply if it is connected to say the quest lobby or maybe a newest project's lobby/exit it allows...

1. Guests to give feedback on team stuff/team projects
    2. Guests to ask questions in general
    3. Us to see what guests would maybe like to see in the future
    4. A relaxing place to have drinks on ice desks (haha)
    5. Guests to get on a more "personal level" with us

I personally think that it could be a really cool idea. I just got a really good feeling when I started thinking about it a while back and just now thought to present it to you guys. Soooo... what do you think?

Yes or No?

~Josh
    Last edited by dfreakace; 07-03-2006 at 01:25 AM.
    VMK ADDICT!

VMK Name: Dfreakace
    Current Project: Going to lead a Mini -MM- Build

That's Me!

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Disneybuff/Mickeywanna (who seems to be mia) and I could get a kick out of this idea.. mainly because it's the first thing him and I did as a "team"

Here's my "VMK Help Room"/Pin Trading Event Entry Room

Once I noticed he removed his help room link and moved on to whatever.. I demolished the room.

I hope your example pic is not the final product, because it's not too impressive! Beyond that, I think it's a waste of time... I mean, I can only type, "I got rich from fireworks" so many times.. or "Sorry the team is currently full". And lets not forget, you run the risk of getting banned from VMK if you try to explain to people in the game a fan site addy.

If you and some helpers are still wanting to do this, I'd be more than happy to link it to Trivia Team World.

(is that blue treasure retired??)
    Last edited by Tampa; 07-03-2006 at 02:25 AM.

Nah it's not done yet, just a first draft, and that's funny, I never knew you guys had done that before, kinda cool. Thank you for the opinion, it seriously does impact my thoughts and stuff.

And I think the blue treasure was from the pirates game right? but then vmk changed every blue copy in the game to brown...
    Last edited by dfreakace; 07-03-2006 at 02:34 AM.
    VMK ADDICT!

That's Me!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    This could be a good idea, but I would prefer it be called something other than "help" desk since I get the impression that it's not to help players, but to communicate with team members and get their feedback. When I see "help", I'm thinking someone is going to answer MY question.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Draft Two

Ok I have changed the title of the room from Team Trivia Help Desk to Team Trivia Feed Back Desk. The room now includes five stations and a more upgraded version of the last room model. Please keep sugestions rolling in and I would really like to know what you think about the idea in general. Also there would be another room connected on the other side of the gold door, set on friends only, but also have the entrance blocked by a rope where team members who wish to be a part of the feed back division are connected to by teleporters leading to their own rooms. It would be a central location where they can easily find the entrance to the back side of the desk. Anyway I present to you my second draft...

VMK ADDICT!

That's Me!

shadesofgreen96 is offline Don't ask me O_o
    Somewhere there in between insanity and crazyness..
    That would be a great idea
    ~*Shadesofgreen96*~

I believe
    I believe in believing - until my very last minute of truth , I don't give up . even when it will be hard to see it through
    I will go on
    I will go on , no matter what , still dedicated all the way through
    I'll live my dreams the same way I do my life , by taking one step at a time

NewKidaye is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Yay theres me!
    Where did I go?

Ok people if you are for the idea, find me in the game and either I will give you a teleport or vice versa and then you will be connected.

Linked Up So Far
    Dfreakace
    Kaleesa
    Scorsese
    JediPrincess
    Last edited by dfreakace; 07-04-2006 at 12:03 AM.
    VMK ADDICT!

That's Me!

shadesofgreen96 is offline Don't ask me O_o
    Somewhere there in between insanity and crazyness..
    We haven't met in the game yet so you'll have to meet me somewhere.
    ~*Shadesofgreen96*~

I believe
    I believe in believing - until my very last minute of truth , I don't give up . even when it will be hard to see it through
    I will go on
    I will go on , no matter what , still dedicated all the way through
    I'll live my dreams the same way I do my life , by taking one step at a time