Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Discuss Dead Man's Chest in the Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Forum forums; I myself have seen Superman the day it came out, I agree it's a good movie but it's one of those movies you would only see once. Pirates on the ...
    Tiinkerbelle is offline A-Ticket holder
    I myself have seen Superman the day it came out, I agree it's a good movie but it's one of those movies you would only see once. Pirates on the other hand was very well mapped out this movie, I was shocked the way things turned out and how it ended. I would see that movie at least 3 times in theater then buy it. That is how good I rate it, Eleven out of ten.

He is my everything

NewKidaye is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Slight suggestion: if you hate crowds, see Superman this week and see Pirates otc next week
    Where did I go?

Depends where you live, Lol the theater in Alabama had only 8-10 people. The theater here in the valley of California was only 3/4 packed and was suprisingly quiet.

He is my everything

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    We went last night and it was not that busy at all. That was pretty intense, but good!!!

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Dumbogal is offline Sarcasm - Just another free service I offer..
    Alrighty - saw POTC/DMC last night. Can't say I hated it, can't say I loved it.

Overall it was just an OK movie - that seems like it should be setting up an awesome third installment.

Some shocking moments, some extremely predictable moments.

I was most impressed with the costume designing - OMG - what imagination!!!

CGI/Green Screen effects for the Kraken left alot to be desired at the end... With todays technology, I feel they could have done alot better - looked like a cheap 70's sci-fi effect... Must have blown the budget on costuming...

I am looking forward to the next movie, as I am sure it will answer alot of questions I have...
    Last edited by Dumbogal; 07-15-2006 at 01:06 PM.
    Dizpinfriend on VMK

Once she was a lowly housemaid dressed in rags. Now she's got a fairy godmother, she's filthy rich, and she lives in a palace with her dreamboat husband.......It's further proof, that the right shoes CAN change your life!

My own low-tech version of Push!!!

No wonder they call NJ the most crowded state I mean
    Where did I go?

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    I just got back from seeing it again. I have to say I liked it better the second time around.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

Finally got around to seeing it, a little "ruff". Last half-hour bored me almost fell asleep. Other than that, I thought it was okay...could of been a little shorter.

After the credits is so funny!!
    Last edited by NewKidaye; 07-25-2006 at 08:26 PM.
    Where did I go?

Pirate_Queen is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I loved it! I saw it for the fourth time yesterday, and my love and appreciation only grew.

Advice for those who were "iffy" with it- go see it again. As big of a die-hard Pirates fan as I am, even I left the midnight screening a tad disappointed. I liked it, but I didn't *love* it. I saw it again on the POTC 3-year anniversary (July 9th), and suddenly loved it as much as I do the first- if not more. Everyone I prescribed to go see it twice had a change of heart. Perhaps it is truly one of those flicks you have to watch twice or more to get the whole message. I can't wait fot the third! The CG was absolutely drool-worthy. Especially on Davy Jones; there was many a moment when I forgot he was a CG character. (Oh, the things my friend Logan and I have about Jones...XD) It's an AWESOME movie, and I plan to see it in theaters more times than I did Curse of the Black Pearl- 16 1/2.

Plus, I went to the World Premiere and had an absolute BLAST. I'm about as pirated-out as you can get, and I love it!

"To all that come to this happy place: Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America... with hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."

I admire you, LOL. Pirates rule!

He is my everything

mickey n minnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirate_Queen
    Advice for those who were "iffy" with it- go see it again. As big of a die-hard Pirates fan as I am, even I left the midnight screening a tad disappointed. I liked it, but I didn't *love* it. I saw it again on the POTC 3-year anniversary (July 9th), and suddenly loved it as much as I do the first- if not more. Everyone I prescribed to go see it twice had a change of heart. Perhaps it is truly one of those flicks you have to watch twice or more to get the whole message. I can't wait fot the third!
    I completely agree with you. I liked it, didn't love it, the first time I saw it, but then I saw it again, and, although I still love the first more, I love the second almost as much.

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirates life for me

**sings** I have a jar of dirt! I have a jar of dirt!

"Elizabeth?.....Hide the rum!"

Join the WDW Fan Club!!!

CruiseLineFan is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Have to agree as well. First time I saw at (at Downtown Disney) I liked it. Second time I saw it, I loved it.

There were a lot of places where I missed what they were saying the first time, but caught it the second time.

Let's face it, I would just go see it for Orlando Bloom, definitely some eye candy!!!
    Cruiselinefan!

shadesofgreen96 is offline Don't ask me O_o
    Somewhere there in between insanity and crazyness..
    ^Mmmmm......you got that right! But since what happened , I don't think you'll get to see him much in the third until like the middle , unless they do a scene with him in it in the beginning....
    ~*Shadesofgreen96*~

I believe
    I believe in believing - until my very last minute of truth , I don't give up . even when it will be hard to see it through
    I will go on
    I will go on , no matter what , still dedicated all the way through
    I'll live my dreams the same way I do my life , by taking one step at a time

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    I feel the same way. The more I thought about the movie, the more I realized I liked it. It was better the second time around, but I still liked the first one better.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

mickey n minnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by shadesofgreen96
    ^Mmmmm......you got that right! But since what happened , I don't think you'll get to see him much in the third until like the middle , unless they do a scene with him in it in the beginning....
    That makes me sad.
    I would ask why, but I've decided to stay away from any spoiler-esque things.

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirates life for me

**sings** I have a jar of dirt! I have a jar of dirt!

"Elizabeth?.....Hide the rum!"

Join the WDW Fan Club!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast