Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Discuss I Went To Typhoon Lagoon Today! in the Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Forum forums; Yo Gang! Sorry I've been absent, I've got my sister in town with her two kids in town and I've been playing entertaining (favorite) uncle! My nephews are 13 and ...
    Tampa is offline No longer in service

Talking I Went To Typhoon Lagoon Today!

Yo Gang!

Sorry I've been absent, I've got my sister in town with her two kids in town and I've been playing entertaining (favorite) uncle! My nephews are 13 and 16 and were fired up for whatever I could dish out at them.

Tuesday:
    I took them out to some woods near my house to look for snakes and knock down dead hollowed trees. We also learned in this adventure that these woods are the same hang out of all the local cigarette smoking shrimps! They stepped up to us like they owned the woods lol.. needless to say.. being the older gentlemen I am with my uncorrupted nephews looking on, I put the children in their place.. and was apparently made "allowed" to continue messing up the club house.. which consisted of a nasty beat up couch and mosquitos the size of soup cans that made sure each little member were sharing the same diseases. Good times!

Wednesday:
    I took them to the local mini-golf arcade to where I dominated the course, came in last on the go karts, and was made proud as I watched 3 little girls chase around the 16 year old nephew! Proud? Because he looks just like me at that age! It's in the blood.. for real.

Thursday:
    Today we followed through with plans of the 4 of us to hit up Typhoon Lagoon! I've been wanting to go there or BB since all this VMK waterpark madness, but really couldn't as a single guest.. being that the cool slides require 2-3 peeps for a full effect ride. You can bet I was thanking God they wanted to go and we actually made it.. TL is completely awesome! Just when you think Walt standards are dead and gone, you see and experience something that completely changes your view, and was right under your nose the whole time! I think I smiled everytime I heard the wave pool crowd scream and go nuts as the next wave BOOMs it's way into the pool! I even spent about 40 minutes on a squirting outboard motor, shooting all the lazy river victims! And for some reason.. I really want to ride Friend's lazy river now! I need to reflect!

I ended up treating the 3 of them to dinner at my favorite karoke restraunt and showing them what I got on stage!

HappyDznyCamper is offline Annual Passholder
    Sounds like alot of fun was had by all.
    Maggie

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    that was a great time

LadyDooley is offline A Wishing Apple?
    Sounds like it was a great time!!!

My sister and her kids are comming in to Brooklyn on Saturday. It is my turn to show off the town.

Let me just say! You have inspired me to be a good host!! (I just wish we had a Disney Park Here)

Thanks!!

Loves First Kiss!

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Sounds like you had a lot of fun with them

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    To act like a jealous 4 year old,

"Ah, I wanna go!!"
    Just kidding sounds like a blast, take care Joey!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Dumbogal is offline Sarcasm - Just another free service I offer..
    Wow Joey - sounds like you all had a blast!!!

Thx for sharing your good times with us...

Just one question - Mosquitos the size of soup cans?? Need me to send you some insect repellant???

ROFL!!!
    Dizpinfriend on VMK

Once she was a lowly housemaid dressed in rags. Now she's got a fairy godmother, she's filthy rich, and she lives in a palace with her dreamboat husband.......It's further proof, that the right shoes CAN change your life!

My own low-tech version of Push!!!

Thanks gang.. and boy did I get burned! On my shoulders anyway.

And those mosquitos are pretty dumb for their size! At one point I just stood back and relaxed as I watched my nephs romp around the woods being silly, and then I felt a stinging on my pinky knuckle.. it was a mosquito that had went way past "F" and looked back up at me saying, "Dude I could drink this all day"! Needless to say it was a red mess of my own blood after he got the splat.

Dumbogal is offline Sarcasm - Just another free service I offer..
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa
    Note to self - scratch the insect repellant and send Joey SUNBLOCK!!!!

Dizpinfriend on VMK

Once she was a lowly housemaid dressed in rags. Now she's got a fairy godmother, she's filthy rich, and she lives in a palace with her dreamboat husband.......It's further proof, that the right shoes CAN change your life!

My own low-tech version of Push!!!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Ah yes! Mosquitoes..one of the many reasons our pool is enclosed. I was swatting at them just reading your thread. Sounds like a good time was had by all.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.

And those mosquitos are pretty dumb for their size! At one point I just stood back and relaxed as I watched my nephs romp around the woods being silly, and then I felt a stinging on my pinky knuckle.. it was a mosquito that had went way past "F" and looked back up at me saying, "Dude I could drink this all day"! Needless to say it was a red mess of my own blood after he got the splat.
    That was a nice visual image!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

GrmGrnningGhost is offline Friends Call Me Snow Miser...
    I took them to the local mini-golf arcade to where I dominated the course, came in last on the go karts,
    You probally lost kart racing because you couldn't do your snaking tricks lol

Glad you had fun at TL. That place is so cool. ( I squirt lazy river riders as well. There looks are priceless)
    Josh

The happy haunts have received your simpathetic vibrations, and are begining to materialize.They're assembling for a swinging wake,and they will be expecting me.I will see you all a little later

I'm Mister White Christmas
    I'm Mister Snow
    I'm Mister Icicle
    I'm Mister Ten Below
    Friends call me Snow Miser
    What ever I touch
    Turns to snow in my clutch
    I'm too much!

Quote Originally Posted by GrmGrnningGhost
    Glad you had fun at TL. That place is so cool. ( I squirt lazy river riders as well. There looks are priceless)
    Totally! Here's things I said.. (mostly in pirate tone)

"You'll never stay blimey dry!"
    "You need to come closer." (water pressure in my shooter was lame)
    "You.. with the shiney head!"
    "I shoot warm water at you YAAAAY!"
    "Put your blimey face in the way!"

The best ones where you got them the whole time they passed and never found what was squirting them! I had to walk away as a crowd formed around as I was hootin and ah hollarin! Too funny.

Upon leaving the park, I saw one of the "Shiney head" people and he was like, "Hey there's the funny squirtter guy.." He was huge and I actually got scared! But it was all smiles and laughs.. I responded with, "That was some other dude I'd never do that I swear" in a cowardly way lol.
    Last edited by Tampa; 07-14-2006 at 09:32 PM.

NewKidaye is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Good thing I wasn't the only one out.

Had camp (as a monotor ) all week...
    Where did I go?

King Tryton is offline What time does the 3 o'clock parade start?

Have you ever tried letting 1 of those ****ers bite you. And then tighten up the skin so they could not escape? They get so heavy that they can't fly. Too funny in a weird sort of way.
    "How can you have any pudding, when you won't eat your meat?" Floyd - The Wall

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast