Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Discuss Just a thought in the Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Forum forums; I've seen other sites/forums that accept donations or "subscriptions" to specialized areas. Has anyone ever considered this? Not for profit of-course, but proceeds could go to Lou to help negate ...
    Howze is offline C-Ticket Holder

Just a thought

I've seen other sites/forums that accept donations or "subscriptions" to specialized areas. Has anyone ever considered this? Not for profit of-course, but proceeds could go to Lou to help negate the cost of running the site. Or perhaps a charity that helps underprivileged children experience WDW for the first and maybe only time of their lives.Please don't get me wrong I think this site is wonderful the way it is, but How awesome would it be to get the team name out there to the powers that be at WDW/VMK? I don't mean to step on any toes, or upset anyone. It's just that over the last few months, seeing the comraderie, politeness, and gung ho spirit of this team has impressed and inspired me to want to help in any way possible. By the way,consider me on call to assist/donate to any current team build that I did not have the guts to sign up for previously. Like I said, I appologize if I'm out of line or have offended anyone, I just want good things for this team.
    We are the Knights that say...."Ni"

The Weather is here, Wish you were Beautiful...

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Quote Originally Posted by Howze
    I've seen other sites/forums that accept donations or "subscriptions" to specialized areas. Has anyone ever considered this? Not for profit of-course, but proceeds could go to Lou to help negate the cost of running the site. Or perhaps a charity that helps underprivileged children experience WDW for the first and maybe only time of their lives.Please don't get me wrong I think this site is wonderful the way it is, but How awesome would it be to get the team name out there to the powers that be at WDW/VMK? I don't mean to step on any toes, or upset anyone. It's just that over the last few months, seeing the comraderie, politeness, and gung ho spirit of this team has impressed and inspired me to want to help in any way possible. By the way,consider me on call to assist/donate to any current team build that I did not have the guts to sign up for previously. Like I said, I appologize if I'm out of line or have offended anyone, I just want good things for this team.
    I admire your spirit brother! In the Katrina aftermath, I tried to pull together a "can drive" to where Lou came up with the idea of simply sending cash to direct victims somehow.. unfortunately, the idea didn't go very far.

As of now though, Lou has emplaced a chance for us to do like you said with helping a child/family with seeing WDW and living some magic by donating, and then officially, that donater would now be part of The Dream Team!