Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Discuss Trivia Teams Have Been Robbed... Again. in the Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Forum forums; Red and Blue teams did not place at all. And with that, I'll be taking a long extended break from the game. Thanks all for the good times in the ...
    Tampa is offline No longer in service

Trivia Teams Have Been Robbed... Again.

Red and Blue teams did not place at all. And with that, I'll be taking a long extended break from the game. Thanks all for the good times in the game, but it's time to move on to better things!

So long VMK!

You can do however you wish with all of your sections!

King Tryton is offline What time does the 3 o'clock parade start?
    I must say that the competetion in this event was hot and heavy. I do not envy Staff for having to judge so many quality entries. With that said, I too am a little bummed not placing in the top ten. Oh well! Next time I suggest that we use "Team Stealth" as our entry.
    See you in the game!
    "How can you have any pudding, when you won't eat your meat?" Floyd - The Wall

Dumbogal is offline Sarcasm - Just another free service I offer..

Simmer Down now!!!

I knew this would come in handy!!!

Just a little reminder that winning is not everything - we had not one but TWO awesome teams this event - and hey - let's just face it - there was some pretty stiff competition this time around.

Joey - just take a few minutes to chill - and then log your butt into the game and SIMMER DOWN NOW!!!!!

Dizpinfriend on VMK

Once she was a lowly housemaid dressed in rags. Now she's got a fairy godmother, she's filthy rich, and she lives in a palace with her dreamboat husband.......It's further proof, that the right shoes CAN change your life!

My own low-tech version of Push!!!

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbogal
    I knew this would come in handy!!!
    I totally forgot about that pic! And of course, it's NOT about winning, it's about getting recognition in doing what you love. Loved at this point.

I've failed two of our builds now that had huge recognition potential, and lets face it.. because I did poorly? I don't think so. It's because of my name and it's history, and winning too much already. I'm sure that my sharing our registration complications on another board didn't help much any as all that looked on were a bunch of whine-O's. In the end, I'm to blame.

This game that I used to simply adore has become extremely irritating to me as of the past few months. The same questions over and over.. the same unwanted trade pop ups.. the stupid disconnects.. the ridiculous dictionary.. and of course.. how can I not list the incompetent staff that actually get paid to regulate this **** hole? Following Yavn around and watching his "guest relation" skills is about the most sickening thing to do in VMK of all. After a year of watching it get worse, I've finally hit the point where I've actually realized, there is no point..

I must have spent $2,000 on VMK-related Disney trips and the friends I've found since then cannot be priced, but the aggrivations that the game provides, unfortunately, makes me a bad friend to anyone. How can players who've invested so much money, time, and dedication to their purpose be blatantly overlooked? Friend and how she basically taught everyone how to use river pieces with vmk's first guest river guest ride, "The Lazy River"? How can vmk's only guest-made everest REPLICA be pushed aside in their "remake your own everest" event? Shall I go on with robberies?

White Rabbit Maze
    Think You Know Disney Game
    Haunted Hat Game
    Virtual Big Thunder
    Virtual Pirates (a copy is currently doning recognition)
    Disney Villans Quest
    Virtual Disney World Quests (a copy using same general and titling methods has been recognized)
    Summit Plummet
    Virtual Railroad
    Monster Mountain Maze
    Boo's Nightmare Maze
    Under Miner Maze
    Basketball Jam
    Next VMK Superstar
    Palace Of Pink Quest

"Wow dude! That's alot whine with this cheese!" I know! And there's more that I'm sure I'm forgetting, but about 70% of the above have gone red mickey, and 50% had multiple staff visits... and again, there's more rooms I'm not remembering! Am I trying to convince you that this game is a complete waste of time, offering nothing but disappointment that lacks any and all Disney magic that we're all playing for? No. I am, however, pointing out favortism towards children as VMK has once again made their point painstakingly clear to me that the game is just that, a childrens game, and the recognition grows limited to players that are obviously, of a mature nature. What gets me disgusted is that their standards on my self-proclaimed theory of favortism has shut the door on six other people who've built with me. Even one of our team members came to me and suggested that I make a dummy account to avoid the slammed door. I seriously thought we'd deliver (and we did), and the title wouldn't matter. I was wrong.

I can be found here at DWT.. I'll be looking to turn in my mod status (again lol) as my interest in the game really has diminished. I really hope yall don't take this retirement decision (again lol) to heart as it really is the best thing right now. I told Friend already and I'll say the same here, throw me a line if you're down with some bowling or yahoo games! And of course, DWT is the place to be!

I'm appointing my position to DizPinFriend, she is now propitier of your virtual park's functions. In time, all of my non-virtual park items will be distributed amongst the team. You all are the best people the game has to offer, and I seriously hope that each of you find the same epiphany that I've come across!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Tampa,
    I'm really sorry to see someone get so beaten by a computer game, but I do understand some of your frustration. I, too, am aggreviated by the multiple times the game has crashed just when I'm about to get a good amount of credits, or the umteenth time someone asks to trade when my signature states that I don't trade. The "I need boy" raises my blood pressure a notch, and I am rarely lucky enough, and it does come down to luck sometimes, to get into a game room to win a special item. My daughter has reminded me more than once that the site is aimed at the "tween", so I shouldn't be surprised at the immature attitude of some of the players. It doesn't make it any less annoying, however.

I've found that I'm not visiting vmk as much as I had been. I have more "money" in vmk than I do my bank account, so I'll continue to go in and play a game or two. I have met some very generous players who helped me over being a "newbie", and I am grateful for their help.

Sorry about not getting any recognition on your room ride. I've been checking out as many rides as I can, and some of them were pretty creative. I found others to be not as impressive. I guess you have to get inside the heads of the judges to know what they are looking for. (I think my room is just as good as some that did get recognition.)

You have gotten me hooked on bowling. Haven't broken 200 yet, but I hit 199 again today. Hope to meet you on the alley.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

mechurchlady is offline My hero is Gurgi who wanted only friends and an apple.
    In the back seat of life or in front of a computer in California.
    Ranch you said how I feel. I spent countless hours hurting in pain to get credits to make a great room. I spent three days half asleep and sick during the event hoping someone will come but not one staff came and only a few friends came by it seems.

I feel like you with the pop up friends and trade offers. The favortisms and Eagle Nest which is open only to staff and community leaders. I think your team should have won but I understand why you did not win. I wonder when we get the cheap prize.

Ranch the only way to change the game is for us to stay and run the game the way it is supposed to be run. No cheating, stealing or copying, no running when you are an outcast and remembering your friends. Ranch your friends need you to be an example of what VMK was like and to fight off the evil forces of VMK. Yavn has been hiding from me I think and anything I say about him is flamiing.

Gotsumgame almost quit for the same reasons but is back to help return VMK to its old ways.

Please stay for all of us even those of us who are not your true friends.

Hugs
    Hunter

shadesofgreen96 is offline Don't ask me O_o
    Somewhere there in between insanity and crazyness..
    Leaving VMK??

You're right though , there is alot of favoritism going on in VMK and thye need to do something about it...It shouldn't be that anyone who is an adult can't compete and actually be considered....It's like someone saying ; Oh , sorry , you're too good of a builder to be in this contest , therefor we won't pick your ride.

^ I thought it was about being a good builder and being creative....

It's just all about your status now...

Well , comsider my hope and happiness crushed...
    Last edited by shadesofgreen96; 08-08-2006 at 07:09 PM.
    ~*Shadesofgreen96*~

I believe
    I believe in believing - until my very last minute of truth , I don't give up . even when it will be hard to see it through
    I will go on
    I will go on , no matter what , still dedicated all the way through
    I'll live my dreams the same way I do my life , by taking one step at a time

dougitmcnuggit is offline Cedar Point New Coaster '07!!
    Frontiertown, Cedar Point, Sandusky, Ohio, USA
    Just remember how much fun we had room sitting though, dude. Sometimes the most valuable rewards aren't something you can place on your virtual character or in a virtual room. I know it was a lot of fun to sit in the room and just talk. There's still magic in VMK, you just have to know where to find it. Just drop me a comment or get on speak every once a while, don't totally disappear I've got a bowling account now too, haven't tried the game yet, but when you guys are playing, let me know

SherrytheFairy is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Okay so maybe the game might be for "tweens" but it doesn't mean that adults aren't welcome. I understand what you're going at: the dc games, random friend and trade requests, etc. but that doesn't mean you have to quit. Keep your mind heading straight forward and ignore the baddies, although you can quit if you want (and watch us weep after you).

Cheese is good...are you?

In the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki RoomIn the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
    All the birds sing words and the flowers croon
    In the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

Soccergirl426 is offline Annual Passholder
    Ranch, Tampa, Joey...
    Take a breather...relax... I know that at least one of our teams should have at least gotten runners up in the competition. But everyone has a different view on everything, maybe we were not what they were "looking" for.
    Just remember - it's not about winning or losing, it's about doing your best.

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Yes, the game has it's down-sides. Quite a few actually, but it's my love of Disney that keeps me on it. I love the fact that there is such an economy that comes with this game. I mean, trading has become a business to me. It's my hope to become rich that drives me to keep playing. I mean, I'm rich enough as it is, but I'm hoping to become REALLY rich. Lol and then you think, "ok. I'm at the top...what now?" True, but then comes the gloating that can (personally) fill my time.

Just remember that there are many more things to take up your boredom time online. To me, VMK just fills my boredom time.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

mechurchlady is offline My hero is Gurgi who wanted only friends and an apple.
    In the back seat of life or in front of a computer in California.
    The problem is that VMK has become a nation of haves and have-nots. The kids who get a few hours after school, people who work and others cannot spend time playing VMK 12 hours a day in games to get rich. Some people like me stink at most games and I am luck to make on fireworks 2,000 credits and hurt for hours in my hands from playing. Not everyone has a premium pass and lives next to Disneyland or WDW so they and their friends can get all the quest stuff.

There is no way us poorer people can compete with the rich teams. Copying got so out of hand my friend Keys almost quit. there is a stalker who copies people right now to their face and clothes. The events have been about those like Team Aztec who advertised on every internet site and had the credits to do it against those of us who are broke and could not afford to buy ride parts.

It is not kids versus adults because I can name quite a few rich people who are minors. It is the haves versus the have-nots.

As for cliques and favortism, that is getting out of hand and I think the rich Ranch did not even get anyone in his room because he is not in the right clique to win and he is not well liked by some people. i am now part of several wars in VMK between cliques. I think Ranch should have won something but then again it was typical Ranch so they must have expected him to hire 10 people to shoot off fireworks and other magic tricks and have tons of quest and gold furniture so that he could do better than ever before.

VMK is depressing and I agree with Ranch. Ranch please for us stay and keep the magic.

dfreakace is offline Slowly Bringing Green Back Into Style
    Joey,

I look above at all of the other responses and I get a feeling. There have been times before when you have been upset at vmk, and threatened to quit (quite a few times actually). Yet you always come back for the reason that I thinkis because your friends are here on the vmk forum of DWT. That being said I can't help but shake the feeling that this time is different. And other team members you can take this to offense, and hate me, but Joey, if this is what you really want to do, then I see no reason why I should stop you. You are always fed up with vmk (for good reason I might add) and I think a break may be just what you need. I hope that you are not leaving vmk for good because you can still find fun in there when it's not competition time. However if you really are passing the torch off to Dizpinfriend, I respect that and I respect you. Joey, you gotta do what you want to do, and nothing I say here is going to stop you. You came back to vmk those times because you wanted to, not because we forced you to or bribed you, but because you wanted to come back. If you are truly at the point now where you see no more appeal whatsoever, you see no more pro left to the game, it is only then will I fully support your decision of not playing again. But I think that honestly there is something about this game that you love.
    VMK ADDICT!

VMK Name: Dfreakace
    Current Project: Going to lead a Mini -MM- Build

That's Me!

dougitmcnuggit is offline Cedar Point New Coaster '07!!
    Frontiertown, Cedar Point, Sandusky, Ohio, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa
    Shall I go on with robberies?

Haunted Hat Game
    I definitely don't blame your character name for this. I could never attribute you to the fact that this has never won an award. In all my time on the game, I can never remember a person who has ever assiciated me with you. How can VMK Staff think any different? Yes, it was your amazingly great idea, but I don't see how it's non-success( I can't call it failure ) could found to be connected with you. Nobody even ever assiciates me with Trivia Team, much less with the "Richest Player on VMK". Haunted Hat game isn't dead yet, either

Just my thoughts.

-Doug
    Last edited by dougitmcnuggit; 08-09-2006 at 06:49 PM.

adisneyprincess is offline I'll be the next Disney Princess, you just wait and see
    Tampa/Joey/Ranch
    I can understand how you feel, but I hope you don't leave for good. I never told you or anyone but it's because of your mazes you made that got me into VMK the first place. I was thinking of quieting until I came across and cute little maze called "White Rabbit." I enjoyed this maze so much it got me to building my own maze. (which is no longer in service) Than I found this sight on the internet while looking for WDW video and meet some great people. It took me a while to link up two and two together that you where Ranch and that everyone else was who they where. But than you welcomed me with open arms and no questions ask. You let me be part of a build without knowing any of my building experiances. From your help I've learned and grow and had so much fun.
    Yes VMK is a pain and there are times I wish I could find out who are the staff and set ther and yell at them in person. To get their heads out of the clouds and open their eyes. But don't leave because of them, that will make it look like they won. Stay because of your friends and memories.
    I really am a Princess, hiding out in a not so fairy tale Life

The Eeyore Queen, the Lady with the list. The one the only Shayleen in VMK

805 Eeyores and growing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast