Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Discuss Rant on impossible quests and quests that are not fun! in the Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Forum forums; I just did a 4 task and got booted from the owner's room after i asked where the third icon is. So here is some observations on quests. Not everyone ...
    mechurchlady is offline My hero is Gurgi who wanted only friends and an apple.
    In the back seat of life or in front of a computer in California.

Rant on impossible quests and quests that are not fun!

I just did a 4 task and got booted from the owner's room after i asked where the third icon is. So here is some observations on quests.

Not everyone has a state of the art computer or good vision. Not everyone can find the atom that is hidden on a red rug. Not everyone even knows what an icon is.

Quest makers need to ask why only 4 to 10 people can do their "easy quests". i did one quest that took me 5 hours and I came in 9th place. i thought questing was supposed to be fun even if it is challenging, fun is the key. Spending more that 5 minutes on average per task that is easy or 15 minutes on a challenging quest is asking too much.

Prizes do not bother me but if I spend an hour trying to find an icon then I better get a good prize. I play quests for the fun usually but am so burned out on quests that I do not even do friends'a quest any more.

Quest owners should know their quests are too difficult when players are in their room offering quest pins, retired furniture, gold, 50th, and more to get the answer. People should not be begging you for the answers especially when it comes to hidden icons. IT IS WRONG to put the icon down then put furniture over it so people cannot find it let alone get to it.

Quest owners should wonder why only a few friends have gotten the quest done.

I love quests as a maker and a user. it is fun to test yourself but when you have to stand in line to get into the quest maker's room, when you have to use a teleporter that is blocked by other guests, when icons are hidden, when clues are vague, and when people are quitting, crying and begging for answer should not the quest maker think twice about how much fun really is in the quest.

This is not just aimed at one person but all the past quests that i have burned out on. There are so many. Yes I even had to edit a quest of mine because players did not understand wording. VMK has given us a new twist on ride making and rooms so lets use it to have fun.

Hugs
    Churchy aka Captainbluetoes.
    Figment and Gurgi; chocolate and coffee; and my family. I like to cook, shop, VMK, ToonTown and sweepstaking. Trivia lover but memory not good enough.

Howze is offline C-Ticket Holder

Where's the problem?

If you don't like the quest or questmaker, Move along. Last I checked quests were voluntary, not mandated. And if you don't have good enough vision to find items maybe you could try corrective lenses or recruit the help of a grandchild. While we're at it let's clear the smokescreen- I saw you complaining about these same issues in ranch's arcade/quest room today, so let's not pretend this thread wasn't targeted. Ranch is a multi-award winning Builder, Questmaker, You can see his latest Award on the main page of VMK. It just so happens to be the same room you are complaining about. The length of time that it takes to finish his quests is a little higher due to being a higher caliber challenge, although I do not blame you for wanting to keep track of every spare minute in this stage of life.

Hugs

Howze
    Last edited by Howze; 09-12-2006 at 01:35 AM.
    We are the Knights that say...."Ni"

The Weather is here, Wish you were Beautiful...

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    In the defense of all quest makers out there.. items with a chair over it CAN be gotten.

mechurchlady is offline My hero is Gurgi who wanted only friends and an apple.
    In the back seat of life or in front of a computer in California.
    Ranch's quest is a small pain. I was in a quest were for five hours i had to go to rooms belonging to the quest maker. He would not be in his main room so you had to go to another room and back track to the room you were looking for. I did Ranch's quest in about 15 minutes using Hunter, the old pro. At least Ranch has people in his main room to help people. I am mad about other quests also.

I was in a quest where 10 people scoured every inch of the room and could not find the hidden icon. How about trying to find one specific monorail or finding a quest maker's room when the quest maker is offline.

Congratulations on figuring my handle's meaning, lol. Wrong skin coloration, age, facial lines, not wear a skirt, hair color and cut is wrong but isn't that special.

Ranch you can take this personal but it ain't about you.
    Figment and Gurgi; chocolate and coffee; and my family. I like to cook, shop, VMK, ToonTown and sweepstaking. Trivia lover but memory not good enough.

Tiinkerbelle is offline A-Ticket holder
    (Helpfull hint) When you can't see the item on the floor walk over every inch of the flooring, around chairs, on them, around furniture Ect. If you still can't find it read the question again, maybe you missed the part where it tells you to go to another room.

He is my everything

shadesofgreen96 is offline Don't ask me O_o
    Somewhere there in between insanity and crazyness..
    Quote Originally Posted by mechurchlady View Post
    Ranch's quest is a small pain. I was in a quest were for five hours i had to go to rooms belonging to the quest maker. He would not be in his main room so you had to go to another room and back track to the room you were looking for. I did Ranch's quest in about 15 minutes using Hunter, the old pro. At least Ranch has people in his main room to help people. I am mad about other quests also.

I was in a quest where 10 people scoured every inch of the room and could not find the hidden icon. How about trying to find one specific monorail or finding a quest maker's room when the quest maker is offline.

Congratulations on figuring my handle's meaning, lol. Wrong skin coloration, age, facial lines, not wear a skirt, hair color and cut is wrong but isn't that special.

Ranch you can take this personal but it ain't about you.

So you're saying it is too hard to find a specific monorail...Then why is it in my quest? I've found that monorail several times , ut takes a bit of effort , but isn't that the point of quests? effort? Why have I had many people finish the quest in less than an hour , average time : 35 min. And same with other things , It does take effort , but is sometimes worth it. Now with the ridiculous questions as in finding a room when nobody is in it , and there are no teleporters to it . then I get what you mean , but quests aren't about going in , finding a jewel that just plainly pops out at you , answer a simple question or two , and get a prize. The fun is in the effort , and I really do enjoy challenging quests , so if it's too hard , just simply move on..
    ~*Shadesofgreen96*~

I believe
    I believe in believing - until my very last minute of truth , I don't give up . even when it will be hard to see it through
    I will go on
    I will go on , no matter what , still dedicated all the way through
    I'll live my dreams the same way I do my life , by taking one step at a time

Soccergirl426 is offline Annual Passholder
    With my quest, I think I have one hard question that only a few have gotten, that's why not a lot of people have completed my quest.
    I like quests that give you a challenge, but sometimes I am not in the mood for a hard quest or it is too hard - that's when I quit. I usually try until I can't find the answer, then I will ask the owner for help, and if the owner is a nice one that has noticed I have been trying, they should give me a hint.
    That's all I want to say for this thread.

I know as being the owner of a quest I have questions coming up at me all at once, ones for those who just started and just want the answers, and those who really need help. I try to help those who have been trying but it's hard to keep track of those players. If anyone has not had their question answered at my quest I'm sorry I'm trying to get as many questions answered as possible.

He is my everything

LadyDooley is offline A Wishing Apple?
    I am a newly quest maker myself!!

I actuall have to say I was a bit taken back by your comments!!

Not only is the quest machine itself a lot of credits to shell out! But Kepping that thing pumped with goodies to make the kidos happy is even more expensive and costs quite a bit!!

Please keep in mind, this is a free service offered by people willing to give up there stuff to you!

I admit, some younger children have a hard time understanding the idea and facts needed for their quest, However I have stopped playing those quests! If It takes too long for something I move on and do another quest. I sugest this to you as well!

Loves First Kiss!

Yes I quite agree about the prizes. I was dishing out in park quest items and rare items as prizes while my quest was active every day for 2 weeks. >_>. There were a total of 5 winners per quest. That's a lot of quest items and rare items gone.

He is my everything

Dumbogal is offline Sarcasm - Just another free service I offer..
    Here is some math for you.

I run TWO quests - each and every day.

I load prizes into them - each and every day.

My Pink Palace quest offers better prizes due to the difficulty level - I load in prizes of no less than 200 credits each - I offer 30 prizes each day = which requires me to spend no less than 6,000 credits A DAY on that quest. (now keep in mind, more than often I offer far more, but 6,000 a day in that quest is a very low average)

My Silly Random quest offers far less quality prizes due to it's ridiculously easy tasks - I load in prizes on average worth 25 - 100 credits (let's go with an average of 40cr) I offer 50 prizes each day = that quest requires me to spend on average 2,000 credits a day.

So that brings us to my grand total pumped out to a generally ungrateful VMK population, of no less than 8,000 credits a day.

Maybe now you will think about showing some appreciation for the work, time, and credits that go into running a quest room. As a quest maker, whether you refer to my quests or anyone elses, I am offended by your obvious disregard for the efforts and dedication put out.

Too difficult, move on - it's that simple. Leave the prizes for those willing to dish out a little effort.
    Last edited by Dumbogal; 09-15-2006 at 03:12 PM.
    Dizpinfriend on VMK

Once she was a lowly housemaid dressed in rags. Now she's got a fairy godmother, she's filthy rich, and she lives in a palace with her dreamboat husband.......It's further proof, that the right shoes CAN change your life!

My own low-tech version of Push!!!

JackSparrow is offline .:In This Kingdom by the Sea:.
    currently being driven off the edge of sanity.
    wow i never knew quests were that expensive..
    mechurchlady, to be quite honest, no one enjoys hearing mean/negetive things posted about their quest which they have spent so much time on, and as dumbogal said loading with prizes that can become very costly after a while. please save your energy on congradulating the team on a job well done rather than putting us down.
    thanks!
    Nyra aka TraderMags
    you gotta love the penguins.

Em
    TraderMags in
    vmk

Suiteliferoxs is offline I'm back and im ready to post!
    Well also i think that spending all of those credits and making a little easy quest that would almost never win a prize or nobody would do it, so what's the point? But i tired to make my quest hard, but then again easy. It's fun making quest, so why do people make such easy quest?
    Got Disney?

Dumbogal is offline Sarcasm - Just another free service I offer..
    Suite,

I made my "easy" quest because I enjoy watching people come through my lobby having a good time.
    Dizpinfriend on VMK

Once she was a lowly housemaid dressed in rags. Now she's got a fairy godmother, she's filthy rich, and she lives in a palace with her dreamboat husband.......It's further proof, that the right shoes CAN change your life!

My own low-tech version of Push!!!

Suiteliferoxs is offline I'm back and im ready to post!
    I think yours was pretty hard (for me) I did enjoy it though. but i meant the quests that are really really easy, and poeple come because of that. And people don't want to come to the harder quest because there are easier ones out there. It doesn't seem fair.
    Got Disney?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast