Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Discuss Halloween is back in VMK... in the Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Forum forums; And some may call it better than ever. With the new website, game prizes, hairstyles, items, website, the bringing back of new clothes, and other additions, VMK sure likes change. ...
    Suiteliferoxs is offline I'm back and im ready to post!

Halloween is back in VMK...

And some may call it better than ever. With the new website, game prizes, hairstyles, items, website, the bringing back of new clothes, and other additions, VMK sure likes change.
    It seems that Halloween is back in VMK, my friends. But what are your thoughts on all the new items? About how they are re-releasing some of them? How do you feel about the other non-Halloween stuff, such as the new hairstyles, extension of pins you can wear, prizes given out for playing the pirates game and "unlocking" the prizes? (I am still a little confused on the last one!) For me, I think they are releasing too much too fast - but what do you all feel about it?
    Got Disney?

bump
    Got Disney?

shadesofgreen96 is offline Don't ask me O_o
    Somewhere there in between insanity and crazyness..
    I absolutely LOVE the extention of pins...let's not forget now you can see how many stars!

LOL , I'm going to be eeyoring in alot of those hunted mansion costumes. hopefully they stay rare.....but then again , remember what happened to the pink dress..
    Last edited by shadesofgreen96; 10-06-2006 at 05:26 PM.
    ~*Shadesofgreen96*~

I believe
    I believe in believing - until my very last minute of truth , I don't give up . even when it will be hard to see it through
    I will go on
    I will go on , no matter what , still dedicated all the way through
    I'll live my dreams the same way I do my life , by taking one step at a time

Vegitabeta is offline C-Ticket Holder
    What happened to the pink dress? I never wear mine lol.
    "The Immortal Captain Jack Sparrow." It has such a lovely ring to it...-Captain Jack Sparrow
    Disneyland Resort Paris trip report and photos: Here

MousePad and Magical Mountain Member

shadesofgreen96 is offline Don't ask me O_o
    Somewhere there in between insanity and crazyness..
    ^ Before it was sold on Valentines day , it was like the Haunted Mansion costume..now it's ended up where EVERYONE has it....
    ~*Shadesofgreen96*~

I believe
    I believe in believing - until my very last minute of truth , I don't give up . even when it will be hard to see it through
    I will go on
    I will go on , no matter what , still dedicated all the way through
    I'll live my dreams the same way I do my life , by taking one step at a time

nicks_ahoy is offline Jungle VIP
    I like the changes. i think that these changes are going great. not thrilled about the re-releasing other then bat

hey did anyone do the quest and get thye bat bag? it was a really easy quest too. The quest was only for on day. I guess in a few months it will be kinda like beta!! Not really but still!
    Got Disney?

Dumbogal is offline Sarcasm - Just another free service I offer..
    Quote Originally Posted by Suiteliferoxs View Post
    I guess in a few months it will be kinda like beta!! Not really but still!
    The term "Beta" is such an over-used phrase that most people are actually unaware of what it means.

"Beta" is the time of testing that VMK was open initially, before the official opening. There were items that were sold during Beta testing that were not available at the time VMK officially opened.

Items that were released after May 2005 cannot be considered Beta - regardless of how rare they have become.

The same applies to items that have been re-released since their retirement in Beta - for instance, the Green Pirate Throne. As of 2 months ago was considered Beta, but since during Pirate month, it was given as prizes in staff rooms, and now available as a prize through the Pirate Treasure boxes - is no longer considered Beta...

There are few items left that should truly be considered Beta items...

But yes, the Bat bags rock and should stay fairly difficult to get in the game...
    Dizpinfriend on VMK

Once she was a lowly housemaid dressed in rags. Now she's got a fairy godmother, she's filthy rich, and she lives in a palace with her dreamboat husband.......It's further proof, that the right shoes CAN change your life!

My own low-tech version of Push!!!

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Lol thank you for clearing up what Beta meant.

I have caught myself explaining it to someone who didn't believe me when I told them that a blue carpet chair was beta.

I adore the Halloween decorations. Now if they could do this for Christmas...
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Dumbogal is offline Sarcasm - Just another free service I offer..
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFREAK91 View Post
    I have caught myself explaining it to someone who didn't believe me when I told them that a blue carpet chair was beta.
    "was" being the key word there...

Blue carpet chairs have been sold again, so now they are just considered rare or retired...

Beta does not equal rare - after all Red flips and Goofy hats were out in Beta, right???

LOL!!
    Dizpinfriend on VMK

Once she was a lowly housemaid dressed in rags. Now she's got a fairy godmother, she's filthy rich, and she lives in a palace with her dreamboat husband.......It's further proof, that the right shoes CAN change your life!

My own low-tech version of Push!!!

MissSparrow is offline Dead Men Tell No Tales
    The new look of VMK and all the costumes, and decorations, makes VMK an amazing place to be
    High School Musical 2
    Did you ever; push away the ones you should've held close.

Walt Disney World
    Where the incredible happens every day.

mechurchlady is offline My hero is Gurgi who wanted only friends and an apple.
    In the back seat of life or in front of a computer in California.
    I like the Boys crown, the new monorail poster, turning off trade requests, halloween decorations, the furniture finally arrived for the interior of mansion and best of all IS THE PRICES ARE THE SAME AS LAST YEAR, WOOT.
    Figment and Gurgi; chocolate and coffee; and my family. I like to cook, shop, VMK, ToonTown and sweepstaking. Trivia lover but memory not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbogal View Post
    The term "Beta" is such an over-used phrase that most people are actually unaware of what it means.

"Beta" is the time of testing that VMK was open initially, before the official opening. There were items that were sold during Beta testing that were not available at the time VMK officially opened.

Items that were released after May 2005 cannot be considered Beta - regardless of how rare they have become.

The same applies to items that have been re-released since their retirement in Beta - for instance, the Green Pirate Throne. As of 2 months ago was considered Beta, but since during Pirate month, it was given as prizes in staff rooms, and now available as a prize through the Pirate Treasure boxes - is no longer considered Beta...

There are few items left that should truly be considered Beta items...

But yes, the Bat bags rock and should stay fairly difficult to get in the game...

thanks for clearing things up friend!
    Got Disney?