Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Discuss An open letter and Warning to the VMK forums in the Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Forum forums; An open letter and Warning to the VMK forums After several long conversations with Lou, he asked me to make this post to address this situation with you, the members ...
    MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player

Exclamation An open letter and Warning to the VMK forums

An open letter and Warning to the VMK forums

After several long conversations with Lou, he asked me to make this post to address this situation with you, the members of the VMK forums.

A little History:

When VMK became popular, we here at DWT decided that it would be nice to have a forum dedicated to talking about the happenings at VMK. We felt that it would be nice for DWT members who were also VMK players to communicate here.

Eventually the members here at DWT decided to form a team of VMK players/builders and called themselves the "Trivia Team".

One very enthusiastic member, Tampa (a.k.a. Ranch) became the official or unofficial leader of the team.

In the pursuit of team goals, he asked to help moderate this forum and was welcomed to our moderating team.

Tampa's style of moderating was not always conventional, but in this, the VMK forum we gave him a little slack due to his knowledge and expertise in all things VMK.

From my understanding, after some major drama within the VMK world as well as these forums, he requested to be removed as moderator here. We complied with his request and left Dumbogal here as moderator.

She has since, also requested to be removed as moderator here.

Recently, there have been posts and threads, taking shots at Tampa (a.k.a. Ranch), the "Trivia Team" and it's membership, both old and new.

The point to all of this:

Instead of sorting though many threads and posts to weed out those of you that need to be warned, I am doing so here on the forums.....

To those who have been inciting drama here, please stop now.

I think this forum serves a purpose. BUT... if the fighting, flaming, nonsense and all around drama does not stop, we will be forced to take action.

Lou and I have spoken at length about this situation and are in agreement - if the fighting, flaming, drama, etc does not stop, we will be forced to close the VMK forums, which is something we do not want to do.

We want this forum, as well as the entire DWT forum, to be a home for all members including VMK players, but we also have to look out for and protect the general membership and in doing so, be sure that people are acting civilly to one another.

Thank you all for your assistance in resolving these issues.

"MickeyBabe"
    Senior Editor/Lead Moderator
    DisneyWorldTrivia.com

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Thanks for posting that, Val. I hope that everyone will understand where I'm coming from and get back to what this forum and threads were supposed to be about - playing games and having fun.

In the immortal words of Ms. MickeyBabe - "Play Nice"
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

nicks_ahoy is offline Jungle VIP
    Will do! I think that all of that nonsense has died down now. Things should be back to normal with team plans.

ooo ooo ooo pick me!! i want to be a moderater for the VMK forum..... ive been a good boy...
    Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?

I would be moderator I love VMK and love this site I'll run it past Lou at Mousefest lol

JackSparrow is offline .:In This Kingdom by the Sea:.
    currently being driven off the edge of sanity.
    mostly this is my and Ranch's fighting..
    thats scary.
    i guess this is the end of Trivia and the end of me here.. i'm gonna go the way of ranch and leave before any more trouble starts. then both your problems will be solved.
    you gotta love the penguins.

Em
    TraderMags in
    vmk

Suiteliferoxs is offline I'm back and im ready to post!
    I would love to be moderator. I know i haven't been on as much, but im starting to re-join DWT. Also i still do play vmk at least three times a week and are friends on vmk with most of the people who are on this site as well.
    Got Disney?

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    Umm folks, I don't think she mentioned anything about recruiting mods. (Unless i missed something)

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    hmmmm... moderator... ok, i've never played vkm and i don't think lou would ever let me become a mod... but the power... the glory... oh the down fall of society as we know it....

ok i'm done and going back to my normal posting...

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Quote Originally Posted by disney fanatic View Post
    Umm folks, I don't think she mentioned anything about recruiting mods. (Unless i missed something)
    i was just day dreaming....

Suiteliferoxs is offline I'm back and im ready to post!
    ^^^ LOL me too
    Got Disney?

Nerd fantasy! Lol or at least mine is.

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    I completely agree with MickeyBabe, I was a member of the trivia team and have since moved to another site with Ranch and the former members of the trivia team. I have pretty much stopped posting in this particular forum because of the all the needless fighting and drama, although I am still an active member of DWT. I just choose not to post here because of the fighting.
    I would however like to post here again, so I hope that everyone takes this seriously and acts appropriately so that we can leave this forum open.

And I also feel that MickeyBabe and Lou posted this to hopefully prevent this forum from closing, not to find a new mod. I think they can handle it just fine.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Quote Originally Posted by dzney4lyf View Post
    ok, i've never played vkm
    vkm lol
    Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?

GrmGrnningGhost is offline Friends Call Me Snow Miser...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shere_Khan View Post
    I completely agree with MickeyBabe, I was a member of the trivia team and have since moved to another site with Ranch and the former members of the trivia team. I have pretty much stopped posting in this particular forum because of the all the needless fighting and drama, although I am still an active member of DWT. I just choose not to post here because of the fighting.
    I would however like to post here again, so I hope that everyone takes this seriously and acts appropriately so that we can leave this forum open.

And I also feel that MickeyBabe and Lou posted this to hopefully prevent this forum from closing, not to find a new mod. I think they can handle it just fine.

Here Here

I fully agree,(not to be stepping on toes) but lately this board has just been a bunch of drama. Just be cool everyone, have fun its VMK, the Happiest Place in Internet! lol. Forget about the past, start with the new, have fun in these boards, thats why they were made, for fun and friendship.
    Josh

The happy haunts have received your simpathetic vibrations, and are begining to materialize.They're assembling for a swinging wake,and they will be expecting me.I will see you all a little later

I'm Mister White Christmas
    I'm Mister Snow
    I'm Mister Icicle
    I'm Mister Ten Below
    Friends call me Snow Miser
    What ever I touch
    Turns to snow in my clutch
    I'm too much!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast