Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The Walt Disney Company Discuss Take a look at the NEW Disney.com web site!! in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; From the Disney Insider: The Official Disney e-Newsletter Date: January 17, 2007 Big changes are on the way to Disney's Web site, and we wanted our readers to be among ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Take a look at the NEW Disney.com web site!!

From the Disney Insider: The Official Disney e-Newsletter
    Date: January 17, 2007

Big changes are on the way to Disney's Web site, and we wanted our readers to be among the first to get a peek at what's coming, and how you can make the most of all the cool new features. Disney.com is getting a remake from top to bottom in order to bring our Guests more of Disney's wide array of content -- whether it's a kid looking for Hannah Montana, a busy mom planning a Disney vacation, or a true Disney fan looking for that elusive piece of Disney history. Read on to see what to expect.

The first thing you'll notice is that the site is in motion -- the home page, and the pages for each new category, will be rich with video to watch. Each section will offer a variety of playlists related to the category.

The new category navigation across the top of every page should make it easier to find exactly what you're looking for. The categories are thehome of all games content, or all music content, or live events -- you get the picture.

Another way to navigate the new Disney.com is through the "character carousel" at the bottom of the home page. Click the right or left arrows to spin the carousel to your favorite Disney character. From Mickey and Tinker Bell to Lightning McQueen and Jack Sparrow, just click your favorite characters to enter into their worlds.

Disney For You, found on the top left of the home page, is where you'll find everything Disney broken down for groups of visitors like boys, girls, families, and Disney fans. If you've got a teen to entertain or a preschooler to amuse, all the appropriate Disney content is just a click away.

The Disney Fan section is tailor-made for Insiders! Here you'll find all the history, trivia, and background information on The Walt Disney Company and Walt himself. From collectibles to trivia games, your favorite Characters to Disney Legends, it's all in one spot.

But perhaps the biggest news is Disney Xtreme DigitalSM -- an enhanced broadband experience that brings together entertainment, personalization, and community. Guests can watch their favorite videos, play games, and connect with friends and other fans -- all at the same time! With Disney XD, you can even create your very own channel. Perfect for Disney fans, Disney XD will let you immerse yourself in your favorite characters and worlds in a whole new way.

In just a few short weeks, you'll see what all the excitement is about. In the meantime, stay tuned to the Insider for more tips and updates about the new Disney.com.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Take a look at the NEW Disney.com web site!!-character_carousel.jpg   Take a look at the NEW Disney.com web site!!-disney_xd.jpg   Take a look at the NEW Disney.com web site!!-mainwebsite.jpg  
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Very cool! I can't wait till the site gets launched to try it out for myself...

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Yep, I agree!!

It all looks and sounds very promising!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    It's still not up... *checking every 5 minutes...JK*
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

Dnphm is offline A-Ticket holder
    While browsing through Disney.com I came across the Disney Fairies page:
    http://disney.go.com/fairies/index.html

Dnphm

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." - Walt Disney

dizfanfamily is offline Are we there YET???
    I'm excited to see the new site. I check about everyday, but not yet. Maybe tomorrow.
    1978, 83 Contemporary Garden, 2001 Contemporary Tower MK Side (Honeymoon),
    2002 Grand Floridian, 2003 Wilderness Lodge (Christmas @ WDW),
    2005 Saratoga Springs (DVC Member), 2006 Boardwalk Villas,
    2007 -- Saratoga Springs (April & December), 2008 -- SSR (March), BWV (Oct), POFQ (Dec)

Planning our next trip...

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Can't be far off now....
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

dizfanfamily is offline Are we there YET???
    From what I have gathered from the internet, it was suposed to be up sometime this month. But, as you know Disney dose things in their own time.
    1978, 83 Contemporary Garden, 2001 Contemporary Tower MK Side (Honeymoon),
    2002 Grand Floridian, 2003 Wilderness Lodge (Christmas @ WDW),
    2005 Saratoga Springs (DVC Member), 2006 Boardwalk Villas,
    2007 -- Saratoga Springs (April & December), 2008 -- SSR (March), BWV (Oct), POFQ (Dec)

Planning our next trip...

Timbo is offline Fastpass Holder

Post Disney.com Relaunch Shows Promise; Revenues Lag

From Online Media Daily:

Disney.com Relaunch Shows Promise; Revenues Lag
    by Wayne Friedman, Wednesday, Mar 7, 2007 6:00 AM ET

ADVERTISING ISSUES ARE ON THE mind of Bob Iger, president and CEO of The Walt Disney Co.--and it's not all positive.

Speaking at the Bear Stearns Media Conference, Iger admits that Disney's new Web site activities, advertising messaging and revenue are a little behind the times. Conversely, abc.com--which streams a number of the net's prime-time shows--is far ahead of other media companies operating similar services, notes Iger. But he adds that the Internet gives advertisers unique opportunities they are not addressing.

"I'm a little disappointed," he says. "Most of the dialogue we have with advertisers is trying to get them more modern in the advertising messages they create. The advertising industry is behind where they need to be. There is a lot more that can happen."

As for the Disney Channel and the recent launch of Disney.com, Iger says there is plenty of content available, but not much revenue activity yet. "In the four weeks since Disney.com has been up, we have been streaming 100 million videos a week," he says. "It doesn't mean everyone has been watching every stream. Right now, there is little advertising available."

This effort is part of Disney's initiative to use the Internet to monetize businesses with advertising that haven't used it as a revenue source in the past, such as the Disney Channel, which doesn't carry any spots.

Similarly, Iger also talked about improving the profile of its consumer products business using the Internet. He said a recent book about Tinkerbell and her friends was put online--and kids created some 550,000 avatars--digital characters--all without any Disney marketing.

"And we intend on doing marketing," says Iger, in reference to building on this activity. Other possible extensions could exist as well--with linking Web efforts to sell clothing, toys and other products.

Less than one-third of Disney's revenues come from advertising--far lower than most media companies. Iger expects both traditional and new digital media to make contributions to the company. "The traditional network buy still has mass and is very, very efficient," he says. "I don't see it going away."

Source URL: http://publications.mediapost.com/in...&art_aid=56668
    Last edited by MickeyBabe; 03-07-2007 at 12:02 PM. Reason: editing size of source linking