Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The Walt Disney Company Discuss Safer Cyber-Playroom in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Interesting article from USA Today regarding the differences between Disney and Nickelodeon's entries into social networking for the 14-and under crowd. I'm not posting the entire article here, so here's ...
    Timbo is offline Fastpass Holder

Arrow Safer Cyber-Playroom

Interesting article from USA Today regarding the differences between Disney and Nickelodeon's entries into social networking for the 14-and under crowd.

I'm not posting the entire article here, so here's the source URL: http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/2007-02-26-nickelodeon-disney-social-sites_x.htm

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Thanks for the article link. I have to agree with what he says about the streaming video being like he had never seen before. IT IS FANTASIC! I played the same video on the reg site then went over to the XD site WOW! Major difference. You really do have to have some sort of high speed internet to see it.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Timbo is offline Fastpass Holder

Post Disney targets preteens with social-networking site

From ZDNet.com:
    ==================================================
    Disney targets preteens with social-networking site

Reuters
    Published on ZDNet News: May 1, 2007, 9:55 PM PT

Walt Disney unveiled a program on Tuesday to let preteens create personal mini Web sites like MySpace's very popular social-networking site for older teens and young adults, with parental controls it hopes will create a safe haven.

The Disney feature, called Disney Xtreme Digital, or Disney XD, is aimed at kids younger than 14, with parents getting control over Internet activities, Paul Yanover, executive vice president and managing director of Disney Online, said in an interview.
    ==================================================
    Full story here: http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-6...feed&subj=zdnn
    Check out my blog or MySpace.

SuperStarKerri is offline It's all good.
    I don't see what a Disney site for pre-teens would be any good for. I'm 17 so I use MySpace and yeah, there are alot of things that go on on there that little kids don't need to know about...but when I was younger, I never desired a website of my own or anything. Hmm I don't know. Maybe they'll have cute stuff and games or something.
    Love, Kerri