Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The Walt Disney Company Discuss Submitting ideas to Disney in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I know Disney has a policy of not accepting any ideas from guests, (I know first hand. Many years ago I wrote a letter, email was not that popular then, ...
    Disney05 is online now Premium Annual Passholder

Submitting ideas to Disney

I know Disney has a policy of not accepting any ideas from guests, (I know first hand. Many years ago I wrote a letter, email was not that popular then, with an idea and it was sent back. Strangley enough some time later I saw my idea come to fruition.) Anyway, is it at all possible to have anyone at Disney hear an idea from a guest?
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

starlightbh8 is offline A-Ticket holder
    What was your idea?
    Ariel: [singing] "Up where they walk/up where they run/up where they stay all day in the sun/Wanderin' free/wish I could be/Part of that world..."

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I thought you just tell Lou your idea and he picks up the red line straight to Bob Iger. Isn't that how it works???
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

Disney05 is online now Premium Annual Passholder
    Back in 1992 while walking around The Magic Kingdom I thought it would be a great idea if the park had people, cast members, who's only job was to take your picture for you in front of whatever you wanted as the backround with your own camera. So instead of asking a stranger to do it for you, you just had to find one of these "picture people" to do it for you. When I went back a few years later, as we all know now, that's just what Disney has done, Photopass. Although they did "plus" the idea.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

andyznuff is offline A-Ticket holder
    I would like to see a "Disney Past" theme park where ALL of Disney's extinct rides and attractions are re-created somehow. Imagine being able to experience World of Motion again? And Horizons, Mr. Toad's Wild ride, The Sky ride that used to go across MK, the submarine ride etc. Something like "yesterland" as an opposite to "tommorowland" I'm all for change for future things, new ideas and stuff but.....there seemed to be a happy innocence to all of those old ride concepts

SaraHThunderRR is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by andyznuff View Post
    I would like to see a "Disney Past" theme park where ALL of Disney's extinct rides and attractions are re-created somehow. Imagine being able to experience World of Motion again? And Horizons, Mr. Toad's Wild ride, The Sky ride that used to go across MK, the submarine ride etc. Something like "yesterland" as an opposite to "tommorowland" I'm all for change for future things, new ideas and stuff but.....there seemed to be a happy innocence to all of those old ride concepts

that's the greatest idea in the world :]
    A dream is a wish your heart makes.

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by andyznuff View Post
    I think that such a park would probably be infeasible, especially since it would be constantly increasing in size (hopefully without bound).

A nice variation on the theme, however, might be some kind of virtual museum of extinct attractions. They could capture video and audio ridethroughs of existing attractions before they close, and put something web-based together that would allow guests to relive the experience after a fashion from kiosks somewhere in the parks, or perhaps even from home.

Of course, we'd be out of luck on the many attractions that are already gone (unless they tried to cobble something together using old video and audio submitted by guests -- I bet they could get some excellent marketing out of that). But if WDW is still around in 25 years, as we all hope it will be, it is virtually guaranteed that some of the attractions that we all love today will be just memories eventually.

Tony

Timbo is offline Fastpass Holder
    The only people they accept ideas from are those within the Company. And even so, mainly Imagineers. I've heard that they don't even take proposals from Cast Members.