Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The Walt Disney Company Discuss Hamas "Mickey Mouse"? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I know that this isn't really "disney" news, but I thought that some of you might find this interesting. I found this interesting (if not disturbing) article on yahoo just ...
    mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder

Angry Hamas "Mickey Mouse"?

I know that this isn't really "disney" news, but I thought that some of you might find this interesting. I found this interesting (if not disturbing) article on yahoo just now on how a new kids show on a Hamas run network uses a Mickey like puppet to preach terrorist propraganda to children.

Here is the link:
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070509/...s_mickey_mouse

In advance, I apoligize if this isn't the right place to talk about this.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    NOW we need to nuke 'em. LOL. That's going too far.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    My dh told me about this last night. Besides be very disturbing, it sounds like copyright infringement to me.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

disneyveteran is offline 24 trips to the World and counting
    Its really sad that they take something so innocent and use it to instill hatred in children.
    TINA

2009 April Boardwalk & Beach Club Villas
    2008 July Polynesian Conceierge
    2008 March Beach Club Villas
    2007 July Contemporary Concierge
    2007 April Grand Floridian Concierge/Beach Club Villas
    2006 July The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge
    2006 April Polynesian Concierge
    2005 Contemporary/Grand Floridian Concierge
    2004 Grand Floridian Concierge
    2003 Polynesian Concierge
    2002 Beach Club Villas
    2001 Polynesian
    2000 Polynesian

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    NOW we need to nuke 'em. LOL. That's going too far.
    I'm saying this largely (but not entirely) tongue in cheek, but I know that one of our newer weapons against terrorists has been the freezing of their assets held in places where we have influence. But I would bet that there must be some Hamas assets somewhere that DHS can't reach, but that would become accessible in the event of a large judgment awarded in copyright infringement suit. Any nation that does business with any company that holds any copyright on anything, anywhere, would feel pressure to honor such a judgment - even those that don't feel particularly moved by official requests from the government.

Wouldn't it be gratifying, not to mention hilarious, if after surviving the combined efforts of the governments of the free world to try to stop them, Hamas's fatal mistake turned out to be infringing Disney's copyright on Mickey Mouse? That could make for one heck of a parody film. Think of the wonderful PR Disney could get over it too.

Timbo is offline Fastpass Holder

Post Disney daughter calls Muslim Mickey evil

From The Australian News.com:
    ==================================================
    Disney daughter calls Muslim Mickey evil

By staff writers
    May 09, 2007

THE only surviving child of Walt Disney has called Hamas "pure evil" for using Mickey Mouse to teach islamic radicalism to children.

Diane Disney Miller said she was disgusted that a rip-off of her father's iconic cartoon character was being used on a new Hamas TV show to encourage Palestinian children to take up arms against Israel and America.

==================================================
    Full story here: http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...6-1702,00.html
    Check out my blog or MySpace.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    Subverting Mickey Mouse to teach hate. That is as low as it gets
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by tizzo View Post
    I'm saying this largely (but not entirely) tongue in cheek, but I know that one of our newer weapons against terrorists has been the freezing of their assets held in places where we have influence. But I would bet that there must be some Hamas assets somewhere that DHS can't reach, but that would become accessible in the event of a large judgment awarded in copyright infringement suit. Any nation that does business with any company that holds any copyright on anything, anywhere, would feel pressure to honor such a judgment - even those that don't feel particularly moved by official requests from the government.

Wouldn't it be gratifying, not to mention hilarious, if after surviving the combined efforts of the governments of the free world to try to stop them, Hamas's fatal mistake turned out to be infringing Disney's copyright on Mickey Mouse? That could make for one heck of a parody film. Think of the wonderful PR Disney could get over it too.
    Yeah, I guess you're right. THAT would be hilairous!! I can see it now, Disney: crushing terrorist regimes while providing family entertainment. LOL!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

that is just sad
    Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Sad, yes; but it's nothing new. Palestinian kids are raised on this sort of thing, and have been for a long time. The television programming aimed at the little guys is one thing, but your skin would absolutely crawl if you were to see the kinds of games children in that part of the world are playing in the streets.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Just one more reason why there will never be peace in the middle east or the world. That part of the world is a disaster that will never, ever be fixed. They thrive on pain and suffering.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Unfortunately, on the sentiment of thriving on pain and suffering, that's pretty much exactly what the radicals think of us, as well--in the sense of their perception of our influence/exploitation of the Arab world (right or wrong, true or not, perception is a powerful thing). Even more unfortunate is the notion of 'nuke 'em all--' the feeling there is very mutual, and there's absolutely nothing tongue-in-cheek when it comes to their thoughts in that department. Unlike us, the radicals have got the stomach for such things, and also unlike us; all the patience in the world.

I only wish this were an exaggeration, but for just one cultural case in point; in the classrooms of Palestinian schools, and in a depressing (if not frightening) number of other madrassas throughout the Muslim world, you'll find placards stating "Within These Rooms, The Martyrs of Tomorrow Learn" (a tough one to fathom in a country where we can't even seem to get our kids to say the Pledge of Allegience without someone getting upset.....).