Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
The Walt Disney Company Discuss Disney films to ban smoking in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Originally Posted by songvilay1 I smoked for 16 years and have been smoke free for the last 2+ and hopefully the rest of my long life. Congratulations! I wish my ...
    HiddenMick is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by songvilay1 View Post
    I smoked for 16 years and have been smoke free for the last 2+ and hopefully the rest of my long life.
    Congratulations! I wish my Unlce could do that. He'll die any day now.
    Can't run away from Trouble, ain't no place that far.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    There have been some very good posts in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenMick View Post
    I don't think smoking in the movie's has an effect on any child. I've watched Peter Pan at least1,000,000 times and, as someone said earlier, Captain Hook smokes a double cigar in the begginning. I don't feel like smoking
    I'm a fan of Cruella De Vil, but you'll never see me light up a cigarette, wear a fur, have two toned black & white hair, nor sport a borderline anorexic body. However, those characteristics fit her character very well. I'd hate to see her censored. I hate what Spielberg did to censor his films, namely E. T. ..but i digress...

Disney has addressed some of their older works with introductions by Leonard Maltin in the Disney Treasures DVD series. If creators of these works of art feel that strongly about it, why not just do an introduction explaining that during that time period these behaviors were socially acceptable? That way, those of us who know and don't feel the need to be preached to can skip right over it and watch what we want.

Are people really that weak willed or that uninformed or that impressed by what celebrities/movies/tv shows/etc. do that they themselves feel the need to pattern their behaviors on them? Sadly, I think for some people it's true...

and those of you who know me really well, know how strongly i feel on the topic of cigarette smoking...
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12