Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The Walt Disney Company Discuss Iger a sure bet to run Disney???? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; NEW YORK (Reuters) - The job of chief executive of the Walt Disney Co. increasingly looks like Disney President Robert Iger's to lose, the New York Times reported Friday. The ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Iger a sure bet to run Disney????

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The job of chief executive of the Walt Disney Co. increasingly looks like Disney President Robert Iger's to lose, the New York Times reported Friday. The newspaper said the company will let Iger take center stage and highlight Disney's turnaround at its annual meeting Feb. 11 in Minneapolis.

In deference to Iger, and to diminish speculation before the meeting about who will succeed CEO Michael Eisner after his planned departure, the company is expected to delay contacting potential outside candidates for the job until after the annual meeting, the article said, citing people close to the board.

By waiting until after the meeting, the newspaper said the board would be allowing Iger to highlight the company's recent successes without the distraction of speculation about the selection process.

Giving Iger center stage would also allow him to get credit for those successes, thus paving the way for his appointment, the newspaper said people close to the board said.

The board, which is now conducting due diligence on candidates, may then move quickly, according to the article. Some directors would like to have the search finished by late March or April, the newspaper said, before the June deadline the board set for itself in September.

Disney could not immediately be reached for comment.

The article said Disney's board met two weeks ago with representatives of Heidrick & Struggles, the firm that was hired to conduct the CEO search, and discussed which candidates should be included and how they might be contacted.

According to the people close to the board, the list, which was slimmed down to about 10 candidates, included Peter Chernin, chief operating officer of News Corp, Meg Whitman, chief executive of eBay, and Iger, the sole inside candidate for the job, the newspaper said.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    Well, I finally received our proxys to vote yesterday.

As always, Ei$ner will not be getting my vote and Iger won't be, either.

Too bad I don't have as many shares as Ei$ner, then my votes would make a difference!
    Lisa

"No capes!"

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Lou, an interesting news tidbit. My money is behind whomever Uncle Roy wants though.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Oh, let's just unfreeze Uncle Walt and ask him what to do!

(BTW...I know that Walt isn't frozen, for those of you about to correct me!)
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    I am going to bet Iger will not be CEO. Many have said that Disney War could hurt his chances. I also agree with olmec26, they should unfreeze Walt.