Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The Walt Disney Company Discuss Disney park an urban legend in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; From MySanAntonio.com: ================================================= Disney park an urban legend Web Posted: 08/20/2007 07:39 PM CDT Sean M. Wood Express-News Business Writer Despite what your hairdresser, grocery store checker or barista at ...
    Timbo is offline Fastpass Holder

Post Disney park an urban legend

From MySanAntonio.com:
    =================================================
    Disney park an urban legend

Web Posted: 08/20/2007 07:39 PM CDT
    Sean M. Wood
    Express-News Business Writer

Despite what your hairdresser, grocery store checker or barista at your favorite coffee bar tells you, the Walt Disney Co. is not building a theme park here.

We know you heard it from a good source.
    =================================================
    Full story here: MySA.com: Business
    Check out my blog or MySpace.

j_scott_o is offline B-Ticket Holder
    These rumors have been around for over a decade. I remember hearing about them when I got back from my WDWCP stint in 1990. I went to high school in SA and still visit there a few times a year. I just got back from there in July. Got a 2 yr pass to Sea World, which I love. Love the Spurs. The Riverwalk is awesome. The zoo is remarkable. One of the best ones I've been to. For a zoo, it is Disney-esque. It has been a while since I have been to SF-FT, but it was nice as well. Went to the Tower of the Americas for the first time in a dozen years. It is really nice. And, with all that said, I totally agree with the article. I would not want Disney to open in SA. Now, granted, I would get season passes there, but, there is enough in SA. Plus, for me, there is the charm of WDW in FL, not in TX. Would I push to keep Disney out of SA? No. But, I do not believe it will happen and don't think it would be a good idea.