Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The Walt Disney Company Discuss Disney Fairies - You heard it here first! in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Disney Fairies , an entire world beyond Tinkerbell, is destined to become one of the next key girl brands. Acoording to the story, when the first baby laughed for the ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Exclamation Disney Fairies - You heard it here first!

Disney Fairies, an entire world beyond Tinkerbell, is destined to become one of the next key girl brands.

Acoording to the story, when the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about - and that was the beginning of fairies.

One line from J.M. Barrie's book, Peter and Wendy, inspired the Disney Imagineers, including Disney Publishing, Toon Studios and Disney Toys.

It is expected that the line will begin in Europe and eventually extend to the worldwide, including the U.S.
    Last edited by MickeyBabe; 02-06-2005 at 02:13 PM.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    "Girl" brands? You mean I can't play with fairies? Shucks!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

addicted2disney is offline A-Ticket holder
    I read about the fairies in the shareholders annual report. They should direct some more stuff towards the boys... My son still loves BUZZ!!

Danielle

Always looking forward to our next trip!

Pop Century '04
    Port Orleans Riverside '03
    Polynesian '03
    All Star Movies '02 and '00
    Port Orleans French Quarter '94

rosworms is offline The Harry Potter fandom's little Disney Freak
    girl brands? like... what..... bookbags and stuff?
    Disney Trips
    May 1994- WDW (off property)
    May 1997- WDW (off property)
    March 2001- WDW (off property)
    May 2006- Disneyland (off property)
    September 2010- WDW (POFQ)
    October 2012 - Wedding and Honeymoon! - WDW (POR)

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    I heard that its not easy to market for boys. Something about there interests changing all the time. Maybe thats why the PowerRangers get changed out so many times.

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    Saw this in the shareholders report and decided to decorate my 2yr DD's room in Tinker Bell and Fairies. Hope the merchandise appears soon. I need wall border! and wall stickups!!

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Just so you know, it has now been officially confirmed by Disney (http://disney.go.com/fairies/) what was reported here more than 6 months ago. Thanks to my Little Bluebirds once again. You never let me down.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    aaawww.... Rani has no wings..

BethBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    I am excited about this - can't wait to see everything...

But I agree - more things for boys -- the adventurers stuff was a good idea - but they all had weapons and appeared very violent - so I wasnt crazy about that, they should try that again - without the scary peter pan and tarzan maybe...

it is ashame that there is more princess stuff than stars - and now fairies too - but boys are just kinda left out there to fend for themselves in the big scary world of disney merchandise.

glenpreece is offline A-Ticket holder
    I just got an amazing Disney Fairy Beach Towel. I love the way they styled the fairies themselves. The colours etc are brilliant. I love Tinkerbell not as much as the Princesses but it's good to see them expanding on a classic as opposed to all the Toy Story/Buzz and Stitch ****.

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by BethBreakey
    the adventurers stuff was a good idea - but they all had weapons and appeared very violent
    Yep. But that's testosterone for ya.......

Personally, as a former little guy, I never felt left out of the Disney merchandise loop. The flintlock rifles and swords at what used to be "House of Treasure" was more than enough to satisfy my mother-annoying 'I-want-that-one!-that-one!' needs. And truly, males are the toughest demographic to market to.

But as Bruce Hornsby so sagely observed; "That's just the Way It Is."
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    my mom will be excited bc tink is one of her all time faves...makes buying her a b-day disney present much easier!
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney