Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Which Annie Leibovitz photo is the best?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
The Walt Disney Company Discuss POLL: What is your Favorite Leibovitz/Million Dreams Photo? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Originally Posted by mattj4226 I said the one with Beyonce just because it looked more real to me. I do like the one with Scarlett Johansson as Cinderella, but all ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by mattj4226 View Post
    I said the one with Beyonce just because it looked more real to me. I do like the one with Scarlett Johansson as Cinderella, but all of the other ones looked very strange to me.
    I guess I'm just not getting the charm. Not only do I find them strange, a bit creepy too. Might give us nightmares type of spooky. Art, Taste, guess we are all different.

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    To me, Rachel Weisz made Snow White look more like a Tramp than a Lady. I'm sorry, I couldn't resist that one.
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

FigmentMushu is offline Chuck & Leigh
    Quote Originally Posted by mattj4226 View Post
    To me, Rachel Weisz made Snow White look more like a Tramp than a Lady. I'm sorry, I couldn't resist that one.
    Ouch
    Dreams Never Die!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by FigmentMushu View Post
    Ouch
    I really agree with Matt's humorous correlation. Other portraits are a bit res cay interpretations of true Disney Classics. To me it is a bit like dressing a toddler to look like Britney. A few are a bit too dark and would give me nightmares. Art has always been subject to interpretations and critics. Obviously some enjoy the Disney Classics's being interpreted in this manner. I for one would prefer to purchase an actual charming cell.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Ok so I finally looked at these on the Disney site (because I couldn't use the links posted) and have to say that of all of them I really loved Scarlett and Cinderella. She has an innocence about her so I think she was the perfect fit for the role. Plus her natural curves make her look like a real princess and not a barbie doll.

NOTE: I had to look at these objectively and ignore a lot of the reasons I didn't like them (like the things many folks posted above). I tried to look at them from an artists perspective and look past the fact that obviously Whoopi isn't a big fat blue guy and Jessica Beil isn't a Native American. From this perspective they each had their own charm.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

TheTexasKid is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: POLL: What is your Favorite Leibovitz/Million Dreams Photo?

I've just seen the new one she's done with Vanessa Hudgens as Sleeping Beauty and Zac Efron as Prince Philip, and I'm just glad to see she's back. With that dust up over her photos of Miley Cyrus, where Miley appears to be semi-nude, I thought the Walt Disney Company might cut her off completely, but she seems to be back in their good graces. I hope she does some more of them, and maybe she'll do enough of them, so they can all be published in a book.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius

Re: POLL: What is your Favorite Leibovitz/Million Dreams Photo?

I really like the Zac & Vanessa photo. I hope we get to see more from her.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12