Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The Walt Disney Company Discuss Jim Hill opinions??? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I was curious to get others take on Jim Hill. His information doesn't always seem to be that accurate. I have just been looking at his site for a few ...
    Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Jim Hill opinions???

I was curious to get others take on Jim Hill. His information doesn't always seem to be that accurate. I have just been looking at his site for a few months and was curious if he is someone that you can take seriously or some who just constantly posts rumors as fact. Not looking for an attack of him just an opinion of his his with accurate information.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    I've never taken him seriously. And I take even less seriously various other blogs and "news" sites that use his site as some kind of reference.

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    I take him seriously when he sites his sources.

He has had many informative articles, in the past, with former Disney Cast Members/Imagineers/Animators. Those were great.

Sometimes, I think he just posts his take on something to see what kind of a discussion ensues.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I find some of his articles pretty interesting and there were a series about Disneyland and the Anaheim City Counsel wars that were very informative. However, I usually read his columns for the "what if" factor. Ya know, what if he's right?
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    I think he's doing exactly what I've been doing, in trying to stir things up by coming up with some interesting rumors just to see what people would say, but he does it a lot better than I do. That's ok, I look better in khaki and olive drab and I'm funnier, so there Jim Hill, HA!

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I don't know if anyone listens to the Magical Definition Podcast but last week Jim said something that I just found laughable. He claimed that disney was all set to reveal there plans for Disney's Night Kingdom at the annual shareholders meeting, but since Jim had broke the story they decided to push it back until the Fall. I mean really is he so important that he derailed a hugh companies plans to unveil a new theme park. That just rubbed me the wrong way.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I take everything I hear from him with a great deal of skepticism, just seems like most of the things he reports so confidentely are nothing more than rumors. Just my opinion.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

coasterfreak516 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestr034 View Post
    I don't know if anyone listens to the Magical Definition Podcast but last week Jim said something that I just found laughable. He claimed that disney was all set to reveal there plans for Disney's Night Kingdom at the annual shareholders meeting, but since Jim had broke the story they decided to push it back until the Fall. I mean really is he so important that he derailed a hugh companies plans to unveil a new theme park. That just rubbed me the wrong way.

Yeah, that was a little strange. I am not sure if they really were going to do that but we don't know if there rumblings of having the Night Kingdom announcement in the Annual Shareholders Meeting or if it would come out in the fall like Jim Hill said. The only reason why I believed that was because Lou Mongello talked about a $300 in a previous WDW Radio Podcast from earlier this year in a VERY, VERY limited rumor mill comment.
    AllAbouttheMouseketeer #224-Michael K. from Buckeye, Arizona

Stays at Walt Disney World
    July 1995: Shades of Green
    April 2000: All Star Sports (Baseball)
    March 2001: All Star Music (Rock)
    January 2006: All Star Movies (Mighty Ducks)
    May 2006: Saratoga Springs (Congress Park)
    March 2007: Saratoga Springs (Paddock)
    August 2007: Port Orleans: French Quarter
    June 2008: Saratoga Springs (Springs)

August 2009: Saratoga Springs

Stays at Disneyland
    May 2008: Grand Californian
    December 2008: Grand Californian

June 2009: Radison/Disneyland Hotel

Working for the Walt Disney Company
    Jan-Aug '07: MGM(Sunset/Lucasland/Backlot)
    Aug '08-May '09: GCC College Program Rep

May '09: EPCOT

FigmentMushu is offline Chuck & Leigh
    I refer you to my post...
    http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...-jim-hill.html

Jim clearly wants to be an important person at Disney, and they don't want him. You should look around and read about his unofficial park tour that was ordered to stop because he was saying a lot of negative things about the park.

And he really seems to have it in for Pixar. Article after article bashes Pixar, their films and Disney's decision to buy the company. Last year he wrote over and over about the artistic and financial failure of RATATOUILLE until one day the evidence overwhelmed him and he finally had to post that he was wrong (while still attacking the film, of course.)

He may love Disney, and I don't mind people who are critical of Disney. We all have complaints big and small. But Jim Hill often goes out of his way to be negative.
    Dreams Never Die!

VonBaroketch is offline B-Ticket Holder
    When thinking of a reason to enjoy Jim Hill, two words come to mind: Light Magic!
    Ludwig von Baroketch
    Kapellmeister, Gracey Estate
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I don't even bother visiting his site and pretty much completely discount any thread I see started that quotes something he's "leaked". I believe as some others have said that he wants desperatey to be part of Disney and they don't want him. I think he just enjoys making up rumors and watching them spread... sort of as a lot of CMs do... just on a much bigger and more "corporate" scale. Not meaning to bash the man but I'll continue to use citeable resources as my Disney news.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    I read his articles for the same reason i watch TV strictly entertainment.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.