Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The Walt Disney Company Discuss Oswald is ? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I just read that when Walt made Oswald then sold it. He sold it to Warners Bro. and they turned Oswald the Lucky Rabbit to Bugs Bunny. And I have ...
    disney_freak is offline is supercalifragilisticexpia lidocious

Oswald is ?

I just read that when Walt made Oswald then sold it. He sold it to Warners Bro. and they turned Oswald the Lucky Rabbit to Bugs Bunny.

And I have never heard that before
    and I was just wondering if this was true?

I never knew what happened to Oswald and when I read this I knew I had to find out if this was ture.
    Faith is my name, disney is my...obsession

Since Pluto is no longer a planet. I think Mickey should be the new one.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    WB never owned the rights to Oswald. Walt made Oswald under a contract with Universal Studios. When that contract ended or Walt and Universal parted ways the Oswald rights stayed at Universal.

In a few years ago Disney had the rights returned to them (or sold, not sure how Disney got control of them).

tiggerwannabe is offline ~Disney is my Therapy~
    Walt learned a hard lesson when he was told he didn't own the rights to Oswald.

Talk of the Nation, February 13, 2006 · In a trade that took place late last week, NBC acquired ABC sportscaster Al Michaels to do play-by-play for Sunday night NFL games. In return, ABC gets rights to broadcast the Ryder Cup on ESPN, increased access to Olympic highlights and... Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.
    °O° cj/nj °O°

°O°The Key to Happiness is Self Delusion°O°

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    the Oswald shorts are currently available in the new wave of the "Disney Treasures" series of box sets. as a big fan of animation, I love it and would recommend it to anyone interested in Disney history or the history of animation.

If we can dream it, we can do it