Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The Walt Disney Company Discuss Disney & Dreamworks in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Thought this was an interesting article: Why Disney wants DreamWorks - Feb. 9, 2009...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Disney & Dreamworks

Thought this was an interesting article:

Why Disney wants DreamWorks - Feb. 9, 2009
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I agree, that's very interesting. I wasn't expecting that. Thanks for sharing Jenn.

I like Dreamworks hides before the lightening strikes and enjoy some of their work. I think I like to see it kept as a separate entity. They are no slouch. I think competition will force both studios to put of good products. KWIM?
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder
    Woody has his room, Shrek has his swamp. The Dremaworks films are very different from Disney. I enjoy both for different reasons and would like to see them remain separate.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I agree with both of you. I really don't like the idea of combining them. Disney has Pixar which gives them two totally different "feeling" movie options. They have their live action, they have their Disney animation, and they have their Pixar CGI. I don't see what Dreamworks could offer that'd be any different or better.

I too enjoy some Dreamworks films and I'm ok with admitting that. No one says if you're a Disney fan you can't like anything else. That'd make for an awfully boring life. I like the differences and what they bring to the big screen. I really hope Disney doesn't buy up Dreamworks just as a way to rid themselves of some box office competition.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    I agree with both of you. I really don't like the idea of combining them. Disney has Pixar which gives them two totally different "feeling" movie options. They have their live action, they have their Disney animation, and they have their Pixar CGI. I don't see what Dreamworks could offer that'd be any different or better.

I too enjoy some Dreamworks films and I'm ok with admitting that. No one says if you're a Disney fan you can't like anything else. That'd make for an awfully boring life. I like the differences and what they bring to the big screen. I really hope Disney doesn't buy up Dreamworks just as a way to rid themselves of some box office competition.
    That's more than likely the ultimate goal for Disney, to get rid of the competition and have a monopoly on computer animated movies. I hope they don't do it as well.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

penguinmickdis1 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Disney & Dreamworks

Dreamworks animated movies can not hold a candle to pixar movies.