Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
The Walt Disney Company Discuss Employment at Disney? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; OMG!! I can't believe your park shot down the idea of a Jammitors-type group... I'm sure you guys would have been great, and drawn quite a crowd! Stupid management, to ...
    JLTraveling is offline C-Ticket Holder
    OMG!! I can't believe your park shot down the idea of a Jammitors-type group... I'm sure you guys would have been great, and drawn quite a crowd! Stupid management, to be sure.

Yeah, I can definitely see you not wanting to invest time/energy in training for stunts, considering you're just interested in WDW as a short-term gig while job hunting in your chosen field. That's really cool, that you're going to be a pilot! Sounds like an exciting career to me.

If I go back to working for the parks, it'll definitely be a short term thing. Last year was a rotten year, a bunch of really bad things happened, so I'm kind of in a transitional place in my life right now. Trying to regroup and get back on track, and figure out what direction to go in from here. I'm staying with my dad for now, so I don't "need" to make much money, on the other hand, I'm staying with my dad right now, so I could use all the money I can get....you know what I mean? I dunno, I'll figure it all out.

For your friend, stagehands and techies are under the Entertainment department, there is some information available on the Auditions page of the disneycareers.com site. I think they take resumes, and also hire in person at pretty much every audition...there will usually be a day/time for techies to show up and get an interview. Anything involving ride operations/safety/maintenance falls under Park Operations. For entry level jobs, they're hired the same as ride operators/food service... in person at the Casting Center. Management type positions are handled by resume submission. Don't know about internships, I've never dealt with the Disney Internship programs.

Good luck to you and your friend with your Disney job searches!! Any other questions, I'll do my best to answer.

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    The disney careers site should have a link for performance opportunities with audition dates and whatnot. So just look on there. I've looked into being a performance cast member because I sing and act but I haven't gotten to applying yet.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Bekki24 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I'm moving back to Orlando at the end of June. I did the college program that ended Jan '05. I hated my job but looking back on it I wished i had appreciated it more. There were some days that i dreaded going to work but walking to the cast parking lot after a long day working at the Beach Club Resort...i could look over to the right and get a perfect view of the famous EPCOT ball! Then its like wow--i really do work for wdw! Id love to go down and get another job at Disney-hopefully one that i want this time! The money issue is the only thing really holding me back! But either way im excited at the possibilities!
    Bekki
    "Happiness is a state of mind. It's just according to the way you look at things. So I think happiness is contentment but it doesn't mean you have to have wealth. All individuals are different and some of us just wouldn't be satisfied with just carrying out a routine job and being happy." Walt Disney Walt Dsineyalt Disney

SoupBone is offline Fastpass Holder
    What about the Law Enforcement positions. I had spoken to someone at Downtown Disney and she mentioned that I wouldn't want to do the security team detail because it was an hourly position and with my experience(10 Years In Criminal Investigations at the State level) that I should look into Investigative Services at Disney. The problem is that I can't find any information about it anywhere on the Disney site. Thanks for the help guys and gals...:mickey: :mickey:

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by SoupBone
    What about the Law Enforcement positions. I had spoken to someone at Downtown Disney and she mentioned that I wouldn't want to do the security team detail because it was an hourly position and with my experience(10 Years In Criminal Investigations at the State level) that I should look into Investigative Services at Disney. The problem is that I can't find any information about it anywhere on the Disney site. Thanks for the help guys and gals...:mickey: :mickey:
    Welcome to the board!!! Try these links for job info:

http://disney.go.com/DisneyCareers/wdwcareers/

http://corporate.disney.go.com/careers/index.html

http://dcpcareers.disney.go.com/dcpcareers/
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 06-01-2005 at 04:38 PM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Thanks Jiminy, I have been searching high and low for any information about the Investigations team and the most I can find is that they are called Foxes. Disney sure is secretive about most things..

Quote Originally Posted by SoupBone
    Thanks Jiminy, I have been searching high and low for any information about the Investigations team and the most I can find is that they are called Foxes. Disney sure is secretive about most things..
    You're welcome! Hope you can find exactly what you looking for. Yes, it does take time to find Disney related stuff, but they design it that way, e.g. if you want to be a firefighter, plumber, electrician at WDW you have to go to the Reedy Creek Improvement http://www.rcid.org/index.cfm site for information. Also, there are so many deadends that lead to someone's personal site on the web, etc. That can be very frustrating.
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 06-02-2005 at 12:03 PM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    I need some help - I've tried to do some research, but I keep hitting brick walls, so perhaps someone here can help.

I need to know if there's any room in Imagineering for film-makers. It's not a case of me asking for job openings, but more so, is it something Imagineering hire for? Thanks in advance!

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    In general, WDI has people in almost every discipline imaginable. Though the truth is, more and more of their work is being outsourced. You could try writing them and asking...

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Thanks for the reply. I'd thought about maybe trying to do some work for them freelance, but it was just a thought. Thanks anyway!

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

rvastro is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Does Disney hire folks with degrees in Physics?
    I know they take engineers. A buddy of mine was thinking about trying to get on (trans. engineering). He helped out on Splash Mountian back in the early 90s with his dad.

Quote Originally Posted by 20K
    I need some help - I've tried to do some research, but I keep hitting brick walls, so perhaps someone here can help.

I need to know if there's any room in Imagineering for film-makers. It's not a case of me asking for job openings, but more so, is it something Imagineering hire for? Thanks in advance!
    http://corporate.disney.go.com/careers/index.html

Use this link and then hit "Openings" you will see every category in the Disney empire. Find the area you are interested in and then hit search. It is very easy, and every job that is available is currently listed and kept current. Good luck!!!

*Off Property

Out of all the Engineering Degress out there, which would you think would be the most beneficial to being hired on by WDW? I'm just curious because I see all the rides and roller coasters and I always wondered what degrees the guys that design, maintain, repair would have. I was considering getting into an Engineering Degree program as well and figured I'd ask too as I as well as many people I'm sure would love to work for WDW as an Engineer.

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    Well I just checked out one that I could apply for and If I mention it now to the hubby
    He'll have me re-doing the old resume

I just wonder what Engineering Degree would be the most important one to have in order to work as an imagineer for WDW?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast