Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The Walt Disney Company Discuss D23 Summer Issue!! (contains spoilers!!) in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I just got my Disney Twenty Three Magazine Summer Issue in the mail today! It features Donald on the Cover, and looks just as amazing and interesting inside as the ...
    Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

D23 Summer Issue!! (contains spoilers!!)

I just got my Disney Twenty Three Magazine Summer Issue in the mail today! It features Donald on the Cover, and looks just as amazing and interesting inside as the first issue!!

My magazine also came with a packet that says "Beat the heat this Summer! with a picture of donald sweating, and inside was a gift from the D23 Disney Archives collection!

The envelope reads "This reproduction of a 1955 "acres of fun" Disneyland souvenir fan was made exclusively for D23 members by the Walt Disney Archives Collection. Capturing a Simpler Time, these paper fans featured original artwork depicting attractions from the park's inaugural year."

A very cool and unexpected suprise if you ask me! Maybe they'll do this every month?

~Disney2000
    Last edited by Disney2000; 04-27-2009 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Added Pictures!
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

Disnyfan83 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: D23 Summer Issue!! (contains spoilers!!)

I got mine as well today - and all I can say is........ WOW!!!

Once again, the magazine is packed with fantastic articles, and the photographs and artwork just take my breath away!!

I love, love, love the fan!!! I hope they send a little treat with each magazine for the charter members!!
    Leslie Henson
    leslieH@mei-travel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Old Magic Kingdom Tour Guides never retire -- we still tell people where to go and what to do!

Completely Agree. I am so glad I joined D23! I just hope I can find that frame for my membership certificate somewhere...
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!

Are you 23? I am!

pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder

I got mine today too! What a nice surprise! The fan is really cool (haha), and it would be really great to get a "gift" with every issue!

TestSherpa is offline D-Ticket Holder

Thanks for sharing. I think I'll have to sign up.
    M
    Founder of TestSherpa LSAT Test Preparation
    The LSAT is not as fun as the Haunted Mansion, but just as scary.

PlutoGirl is offline C-Ticket Holder

I just got mine today! I was so excited, not just about the magazine but about the fan treat! That was a fun surprise!
    Disney Lover and Mom of 2 little guys (ages 4 and 2)
    Royal Plaza '84, P.O Fr. Qtr '93, Off-site Honeymoon 2003, Off-site 2007(first visit for boys), CR/FW Cabin January 2009, planning FW Cabin May 2010 now...

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Thanks for sharing, looks nice.

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

Got mine today! The gift is awesome! I was expecting something completly different! I can't wait to start reading it!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Blue Beast is offline A-Ticket holder

I got mine today!! Yeah... great story on Monsters, Inc. Ride and Go Seek. Pg 28-29 looks like.....??? anyone? Hmmm..... trying to make California look like the Fla Studios? Great pics throughout. Fun surprise was nice too.

[quote=Blue Beast;802100]Hmmm..... trying to make California look like the Fla Studios?quote]

Yeah let's take a park that is underrated and no one likes because they don't understand it, and it was murdered with budget cuts, and totally change it to seem just like another sucessful park we have instead of improving upon it and making it what the park was supposed to originally be. Woohoo.... sounds like a great idea. NOT! You've get some really unnecessary changes there....
    Anyway, I do love the Monster's Inc. story!!

Are you 23? I am!