Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
The Walt Disney Company Discuss Disney Magazine TERMINATED! in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Breaking news: It looks like the Disney Magazine may have stopped publication. I spotted the news on another website, and seconded it this morning here: http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/artic...le.php?ID=1385...
    disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!

Disney Magazine TERMINATED!

Breaking news: It looks like the Disney Magazine may have stopped publication.

I spotted the news on another website, and seconded it this morning here:
    http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/artic...le.php?ID=1385
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    That is so sad. I was just about ready to renew for 2 more years. On the bright side the magazines will now become collector items. I'd better go get my 20 copies in order and then order my new luxury car to drive to WDW after I buy the top DVC membership.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Ugh My subscription runs to winter 06. I loved the magazine!

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    That does stink. My family loves that magazine. It's weird that they would simply shut it down and not try to sell it or franchise it out. I think one of the problems of the magazine is that is was just a quarterly deal. I think that if they bumped it up to a monthly it might do better.

Who knows? Maybe it was losing too much money to justify or merit a sale or continuation.

Sad, so sad.
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    you know what's the real 'bite in the shorts', i was going to ask you guys what was in there and if it was something the whole family would enjoy before getting it.

ah well, guess i'll sign up for another motorcycle rag.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I agree Chris...If it was monthly it would have done much better. That was the one thing I hated about the mag.

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    darn i just renewed until 2012 darn

sx2143 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I just started getting the magazine. I've only gotten one issue and both me and my daughter loved it. I wonder if there is a way to get your money back.

wonder if you can order back issues if u want????

will they be doing a spring 50th anniversary issue at all????????

I don't know if they were going to get any more issues out - it sounded from the article like it was stopped dead in its tracks.

As for back issues, I think there is a page in the magazine to order from, but I wouldn't send money if you can't call them first.

I nosed around a bit, and the Disney Magazine website has a static "here's what's in the spring issue" page up, and no links for new subscriptions. Any of the ads for the magazine I could find (on Disney Auctions, Disney Pins, etc.) linked to that same static page, even though the ads were for "discounted subscriptions - click here to subscribe".

According to another board, Disney will be sending a letter to all subscribers soon, offering you a chance to transfer the remainder of your subscription to another magazine (Family Fun, maybe others) or getting a refund.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

just renewed it in march through my neices girl scout magazine sale how aggravating
    wonder if a new newsletter or magazine will ever be started

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Nice... Reaaaaaalllllllll nice. Ugh. Disney continues to amaze and yet disappoint at so many turns.

Not only did I love and look forward to reding the magazine from cover to cover, but my publisher even advertised my book in it in a few issues. I would have thought that having the magazine come out monthly would have helped, as the complaints that information was not necesarily timely was true. However, it also offered unique insights into the parks and films - the two things that Disney should focus on and return to. Forget the ancilaary TV stations, and nonsense like that - get back to what made Disney so truly "magical"

(Lou turns soap box over to anyone else that wants it)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Rgjad is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I just called Disney magazine customer service. They told me they are not closing publication. I don't know if that is what they were told to tell people or not. They also offered me a special gift subscription price. Why would they do that if they were closing up shop? I hope they don't. I love that magazine. Hope they keep it going!!!

This is one time that I really hope I posted wrong information. Jim Hill is usually reliable, though.
    If their customer service is outsourced (like most are), they may not have gotten official word to all their employees yet. I'll keep looking for confirmation or denial.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast