Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The Walt Disney Company Discuss Disney Store in Times Square - Fall 2010 in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Disney Store to Unveil Times Square Location in Fall 2010 For those that were sad about the closing of the World of Disney on 5th Avenue..... January 05, 2010 The ...
    gailymouse is offline B-Ticket Holder

Disney Store in Times Square - Fall 2010

Disney Store to Unveil Times Square Location in Fall 2010
    For those that were sad about the closing of the World of Disney on 5th Avenue.....

January 05, 2010
    The Disney Store retail chain, which is owned and operated in the United States by Disney Store USA LLC, will transform an expansive retail space in the heart of New York’s Times Square into a state-of-the-art, interactive retail destination set to open in fall 2010. The lease, signed with Vornado Realty Trust, negotiated by RCS Real Estate Advisors and brokered by SRS Real Estate Partners, secured the location at 1540 Broadway, between 45th and 46th streets. Inspired by Walt Disney’s legacy of creativity and innovation, the new Disney Store will celebrate Disney’s longstanding history with New York. The store will incorporate technologically advanced displays, including an interactive Disney Princess castle to serve as one of many magical centerpieces at the new Times Square location. An all-new children’s theater will feature the latest Disney entertainment, classic animation and continue Disney’s tradition of storytelling. The newly designed Disney Store will facilitate interactive play and imagination, host children’s activities, special events and celebrity appearances. Over the next five years, Disney Store plans to strategically balance its retail portfolio, enter new markets, and transform more than 300 locations across the United States and Europe to feature the new design.

"Bringing Disney Store to the center of Times Square is a monumental achievement, and we have created a retail experience that complements the energy and innovation that Times Square inspires,” said Jim Fielding, president of Disney Stores Worldwide. “We’re focused on reinvigorating retail and providing a unique shopping destination to millions of families from all over the world who travel to New York for a magical experience.”

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Disney Store in Times Square - Fall 2010

Saw that last night. It is right near my sisters condo!

Sadly it will not be open in Spring when my DD goes to NY.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

looking forward to visiting it, i wonder if it's going in where the previous Times Square store was, I can't think of what is in there now
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

gailymouse is offline B-Ticket Holder

I think it is going to be where the Virgin Music Store was - the old store was next to the theater where Mary Poppins is currently shown

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

Sigh. Sounds like they are basing it on only children. I have a bad feeling this won't be the same as the old store, which was for everyone. Disney needs to re-think their Disney Store marketing.
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!