Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
The Walt Disney Company Discuss D23's First Anniversary Party's.... in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Hubby and I got our tickets too and will be there! We have the 430 seating and are doing the Princess 5K! We are both trying to raise $500 for ...
    HappyGrumpy is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: D23's First Anniversary Party's....

Hubby and I got our tickets too and will be there! We have the 430 seating and are doing the Princess 5K! We are both trying to raise $500 for Deb Wills Avon Breast Cancer Walk! So its going to be an exciting time! We arrive Wed AM and Leave Monday AM!

I am trying not to get my hopes up about the fact that the party is on the 5th which is the same day Alice is released which makes me wonder "HMMMM"

Look forward to this soooo much!

athenna is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Boston,SSR, AKLV, Will's ship, Balian's castle

I cant wait Its getting close!

I got engaged @ WDW 1/24/10

Jaxum is offline D-Ticket Holder

Here's some info of what the weather may look like from 3/3 to 3/9. This is one of my favorite sites to look at before any of my trips.
    wunderground Weather for areas around MCO
    Jaxum- Disneyland Aficionado!
    Disneyland, WDW, and DLPR Annual Passholder
    D23 1st Day Charter Member
    My Disneyland and WDW videos and photos!
    http://youtube.com/tkfore21 .... http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaxum_readis/sets/

Disney days for 2009:
    Disneyland:(27) / Tokyo Parks:(4) / WDW:(19)
    Total Days in the parks for 2009: 50!
    Disney Days for 2010:
    Disneyland: (27) / WDW:(31) / DLRP: (6)
    Total Days in the parks for 2010: 63!
    Disney Days for 2011:
    Disneyland: (0) / WDW:(17)
    Total Days so far in the parks for 2010: 17!

D23 and Other events:
    Expo '09, Candlelight Spectacular '09, Magic and Merriment '09, D23 Anniversary DL/WDW, Studio Tour April '10, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Destination D: Disneyland 55, Disneyland Scavenger Hunt, Sip and Stroll '10, Tangled Screening, TRON Pop-up Shop, Magic & Merriment '10, Everest Challenge '09, Adventurer's Club Weekend '09, DL Candlelight '09, Gumball Rally '10, WDW Radio 24 Hour Live Show '10, Disneyland's 55th Anniversary, Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet '10, Mickey's Halloween 5k '10,WDW Radio Walkabout '10, ConGaloosh '10, DL Candlelight '10

Mary jo is offline Fastpass Holder

Getting super excited!!! It would be so sweet if they do something related to the Alice in Wonderland release that day.
    Mary Jo
    Listen for Storytime with MoJo

Quote Originally Posted by Mary jo View Post
    Getting super excited!!! It would be so sweet if they do something related to the Alice in Wonderland release that day.
    That would be cool!
    http://youtube.com/tkfore21 .... http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaxum_readis/sets/

Disney days for 2009:
    Disney Days for 2010:
    Disney Days for 2011:

D23 and Other events:
    Expo '09, Candlelight Spectacular '09, Magic and Merriment '09, D23 Anniversary DL/WDW, Studio Tour April '10, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Destination D: Disneyland 55, Disneyland Scavenger Hunt, Sip and Stroll '10, Tangled Screening, TRON Pop-up Shop, Magic & Merriment '10, Everest Challenge '09, Adventurer's Club Weekend '09, DL Candlelight '09, Gumball Rally '10, WDW Radio 24 Hour Live Show '10, Disneyland's 55th Anniversary, Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet '10, Mickey's Halloween 5k '10,WDW Radio Walkabout '10, ConGaloosh '10, DL Candlelight '10

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxum View Post
    Here's some info of what the weather may look like from 3/3 to 3/9. This is one of my favorite sites to look at before any of my trips.
    wunderground Weather for areas around MCO

Thank you, thats awesome!

CynthiaC925 is offline A-Ticket holder

Hi Jaxum and all! I was able to get tickets for both parties too - my dinner seating is at 4:30 also - any chance I can meet up and sit at your table? I am travelling solo. Am so excited - leave Thurs, staying at Pop, party the 5th, Tent Fest (WDW Today) w/ live podcast the 6th at the Odyssey, Royal Family 5K the 6th also leave Mon pm Tues at home then fly to DL Wed am for party that nite - yippee!

Thumbs up Re: D23's First Anniversary Party's....

Great news! They announced some of the folks from Disney that will be at the Disneyland event. This will be so much fun!

And, speaking of VIPs, In addition to D23 Members — major stars in their own right! — the D23 First Anniversary Party at Disneyland will play host to a number of VIPs who have contributed significantly to Disney's legacy, including:

Bob Gurr. Named a Disney Legend in 2004 for his decades of innovative work at Walt Disney Imagineering, Bob specialized in vehicle design and worked on the designs of the Autopia automobiles and the antique cars and double-decker buses used on Main Street, U.S.A. He also played a lead role in the design of the Monorail, Matterhorn Bobsleds and Flying Saucers attractions and more.

Tony Baxter. A legendary Imagineer, Tony has played a key role in the design and creation of many Disney attractions and theme parks of the last 40 years, including Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Splash Mountain, the Indiana Jones Adventure and the overall creative role for Disneyland Paris.

Kevin Corcoran. Named a Disney Legend in 2006, Kevin has enjoyed a long and distinguished acting career with Disney, starring in such classic films as Old Yeller, The Shaggy Dog, Swiss Family Robinson and more.

Bill Farmer. Named a Disney Legend at the inaugural D23 Expo in 2009, Bill's voice is familiar to cartoon fans around the world as the voice of Goofy and Pluto. He has also lent his talents to a long list of Disney favorites, including Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Beauty and the Beast and such Disney·Pixar films as a bug's life, Toy Story and Toy Story 2.

Margaret Kerry. Margaret was the original live-action model for Tinker Bell.

Dave Smith. Named a Disney Legend in 2007, Dave Smith, chief archivist, the Walt Disney Archives, founded the Disney Archives in 1970.

Dan Roebuck. For more than two decades Dan has enjoyed a successful acting career. He currently shines in the role of Dr. Leslie Arzt on the hit ABC series LOST.

David Stollery. Named a Disney Legend in 2006, David Stollery enjoyed a solid acting career before he came to the Walt Disney Studios but it was there that he made his biggest mark. He played Marty Markham, the spoiled rich boy in The Adventures of Spin and Marty, and Dan Thompson in Westward Ho The Wagons!

Denny Newell. A senior show director at Disneyland, Denny is a 24-year Disneyland Cast Member who has played a directorial role for Celebrate! A Street Party, Disney's Electrical Parade, A Christmas Fantasy Parade, Drawn to the Magic and Pixie Hollow.

Disney days for 2009:
    Disney Days for 2010:
    Disney Days for 2011:

D23 and Other events:

Saw all those Legends and Imagineers reportedly going to the DL event on the D23 Facebook page yesterday. I sent them a message basically stating that I hoped there will some cool people coming to the WDW event as well.

I wonder if they have ramped up the excitement for the DL event because it hasn't sold out yet?
    Mary Jo

I think so too - did anyone else get the surprise gift yet? Fed Ex just delivered a beautiful D23 pin with Tinkerbell and "1" - guess it's because I renewed my membership?

One more week-yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaC925 View Post
    I think so too - did anyone else get the surprise gift yet? Fed Ex just delivered a beautiful D23 pin with Tinkerbell and "1" - guess it's because I renewed my membership?

One more week-yeah!

I think the special gift was for those that renewed 30 days before their charter membership expired.
    Mary Jo

Yeah, I am assuming because Disneyland was the 'original' and because it hasnt sold out, that's why they are announcing all the guest speakers.

Do you all want to try and meet up sometime during the party? I could try and get Lou to meet up at a certain place and certain time. Like maybe during the dessert party time?
    Mary Jo

Sweet! I just got my upgrade confirmation on my flight out to WDW. That 4+ hours should go a lot easier now.

Disney days for 2009:
    Disney Days for 2010:
    Disney Days for 2011:

D23 and Other events:

Hi Mary Jo,
    That would be awesome to have an impromptu meet! Is this for the WDW event or DL event? I'm going to both so will be happy to meet up at either park!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast