Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
The Walt Disney Company Discuss D23's First Anniversary Party's.... in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; For the WDW event this Friday. If you all want, I can try to get Lou to come over to our impromptu WDW Radio Meet. Where was the dessert party ...
    Mary jo is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: D23's First Anniversary Party's....

For the WDW event this Friday. If you all want, I can try to get Lou to come over to our impromptu WDW Radio Meet. Where was the dessert party being held? Is it just in Fantasyland somewhere? I was thinking sometime around then would be good. Of course, Lou will want to eat some desserts, lol.
    Any ideas where we can meet up?
    Mary Jo
    Listen for Storytime with MoJo

CynthiaC925 is offline A-Ticket holder

Hi, Thanks for your post. I just checked D23 again and it isn't indicating a time for the dessert buffet. Since the event ends at 11 pm should we just meet at 10 pm in front of the tea cup ride? I'm just trying to think of a large area so we can easily spot each other-any thoughts?
    I would love to see you all!

oh, yes, the buffet will be in Fantasyland but not sure where--

Jaxum is offline D-Ticket Holder

Something else I noticed on the event page:

Guests are advised to park their cars at the Transportation and Ticket Center. Monorail service to and tram service at the Transportation and Ticket Center will be extended until the end of the event. For those staying at Walt Disney World Resort Hotels, there will be a bus at the Transportation and Ticket Center at the end of the event, which will bring guests to Downtown Disney from where they can catch buses to their resort hotel. Buses directly to resort hotels will not be available from the Magic Kingdom after the event.
    2 days till I fly out, and 3 days till the event! Can't wait!
    Jaxum- Disneyland Aficionado!
    Disneyland, WDW, and DLPR Annual Passholder
    D23 1st Day Charter Member
    My Disneyland and WDW videos and photos!
    http://youtube.com/tkfore21 .... http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaxum_readis/sets/

Disney days for 2009:
    Disneyland:(27) / Tokyo Parks:(4) / WDW:(19)
    Total Days in the parks for 2009: 50!
    Disney Days for 2010:
    Disneyland: (27) / WDW:(31) / DLRP: (6)
    Total Days in the parks for 2010: 63!
    Disney Days for 2011:
    Disneyland: (0) / WDW:(17)
    Total Days so far in the parks for 2010: 17!

D23 and Other events:
    Expo '09, Candlelight Spectacular '09, Magic and Merriment '09, D23 Anniversary DL/WDW, Studio Tour April '10, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Destination D: Disneyland 55, Disneyland Scavenger Hunt, Sip and Stroll '10, Tangled Screening, TRON Pop-up Shop, Magic & Merriment '10, Everest Challenge '09, Adventurer's Club Weekend '09, DL Candlelight '09, Gumball Rally '10, WDW Radio 24 Hour Live Show '10, Disneyland's 55th Anniversary, Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet '10, Mickey's Halloween 5k '10,WDW Radio Walkabout '10, ConGaloosh '10, DL Candlelight '10

Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaC925 View Post
    Hi, Thanks for your post. I just checked D23 again and it isn't indicating a time for the dessert buffet. Since the event ends at 11 pm should we just meet at 10 pm in front of the tea cup ride? I'm just trying to think of a large area so we can easily spot each other-any thoughts?
    I would love to see you all!
    Perfect!! Let's say meet on the side of where you enter the ride. We can all ride together!!! BTW, I don't think Lou likes to ride the teacups, but guess what we will make him ride, hehe.
    Mary Jo

So, WDW Radio MINI Meet Up at D23 Anniversary Event at WDW Friday March 5th 10 pm at entrance of the Teacups.
    BE THERE!!!!!
    Mary Jo

Hope the desserts don't come back up, lol!!!
    Mary Jo

Yahoo!! I will be there!

If you all are on my facebook, reply to my status. Mary Jo Collins
    Mary Jo

Quote Originally Posted by Mary jo View Post
    If you all are on my facebook, reply to my status. Mary Jo Collins
    Is this you? Mary Jo McNeese Collins?
    http://youtube.com/tkfore21 .... http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaxum_readis/sets/

Disney days for 2009:
    Disney Days for 2010:
    Disney Days for 2011:

D23 and Other events:
    Expo '09, Candlelight Spectacular '09, Magic and Merriment '09, D23 Anniversary DL/WDW, Studio Tour April '10, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Destination D: Disneyland 55, Disneyland Scavenger Hunt, Sip and Stroll '10, Tangled Screening, TRON Pop-up Shop, Magic & Merriment '10, Everest Challenge '09, Adventurer's Club Weekend '09, DL Candlelight '09, Gumball Rally '10, WDW Radio 24 Hour Live Show '10, Disneyland's 55th Anniversary, Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet '10, Mickey's Halloween 5k '10,WDW Radio Walkabout '10, ConGaloosh '10, DL Candlelight '10

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxum View Post
    Is this you? Mary Jo McNeese Collins?
    You're going to laugh. That is me, but you see I have 2 facebook pages (one completely for Disney and one family/hometown friends). That is NOT my Disney one.

search this email and see if the other one comes up
    amjc@charter.net

Anyway, what I posted on there was to meet up at Mad Tea Party at 10 pm for mini-meet up. We will do a group picture ( maybe with Alice ). I was thinking in honor of the movie premier a picture with Alice and the gang would be so appropriate. Lou will be there too.
    Mary Jo

Cynthia. Sounds like you had a lot planned for this trip! Sorry I missed you at the WDW party, but please look for me at the one in DLR on Wed. I'll be the one in a Disney Hawaiian shirt and a WDWRadio ballcap.

Disney days for 2009:
    Disney Days for 2010:
    Disney Days for 2011:

D23 and Other events:

athenna is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Boston,SSR, AKLV, Will's ship, Balian's castle

What did everyone think of the party @ WDW?

I got engaged @ WDW 1/24/10

HappyGrumpy is offline B-Ticket Holder

What did everyone think of the party @ WDW?
    We received a survey that we are filling out tonight. We had a good time and would consider doing another D23 event however would like to see some improvements.

1)$79 of the $140 was for park entry...we had park hoppers! Most D23 members will have this or a season pass. regardless I would like an option of a gift card since I already had my entrance to the park. Trust me as much as I spent down there @ DTD and all the parks it would have been put right back in the parks!

2) We ran the 5k the next morning! Its 11PM and we had to take the monorail from the MK to the TTC, a bus to DTD then a bus from DTD to POFQ! I would have hope that transportation would have been more of a priority for those of us attending the party staying on property!

We were very blessed to meet 2 Mr & Mrs Thompson who attended the event & live 4 stop lights from The World. They heard us talking about maybe taking a cab b/c of how long it was going to take us! They asked if they could give us a lift which had us back to the resort by 1145pm & in bed by midnight for the 445am wake up call! We ran and finished the 5K! We never would have gotten back by that time had we taken WDW Trans!

3) Loved closing down MK! loved riding Dumbo with NO LINES! Rode Cinderella's horse for the first time on the carousel! Loved the desserts and Mickey Ice Cream! Loved walking down Main street at night with only 20 people on it! Belle & Gaston character meet n greet were HILARIOUS! That was fun!

Dinner was good thought presentations were a bit dry and the imagineer presentation was ok. I wish it had been a little more exciting in the presentation. Maybe my the carbs from dinner were kicking in!
    I can't wait to see Fantasy Land in 2012!! OMG!

We ran into an issue with our 430 seating..they ran out of seats and and wanted to separate me and hubby which I immediately said I did not spend $140pp to not sit next to him. I was then told sorry first come first serve then responded with a curt and bit powerful UNACCEPTABLE!

The lady came back 3 minutes later and asked if we could come back to the 630 seating. We said absolutely and it was rectified then. However I truly feel had I not reacted that way they expected us to rollover and settle.

Sorry folks I gladly hand over my money to The Mouse at least 3 times a year so when I am paying $140 pp for a private event and am treated as if its my fault due to the lack of planning. Watch Out!

I also work for one of the worlds most powerful technology companies who's CEO happens to be the largest single shareholder in Disney! Customer service is my job and even when the customer is in the wrong I will ALWAYS
    make sure they walk away with an amazing experience. ALWAYS! I expect better from these guys.

So all that said! Really enjoyed meeting new people and would do it again! Would love to have been surprised with a special "something" with AIW opening that day but hey thats what surveys are for!!!!

HG

athenna is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Boston,SSR, AKLV, Will's ship, Balian's castle

Thanks for your review!

I agree w/you about the cost..We actually have AP's, so we really couldnt decide if we were gonna go for this or not...But since it seems we're never there for any special events, we decided to go for it.
    I thought the food was ok, and the presentation fine....Again I agree about the seating...My fiancee was gone to get his food maybe a total of 5 minutes and about 7 people kept trying to take his chair, including Steve the head of D23.
    The presentation @ Philharmagic, IMHO, was awful...Why have a question & answer session if you cant answer ANYTHING..He danced around every topic...Not his fault, per se, I'm sure he was told not to say anything...I didnt ask anything, but someone did ask the only question I had, which is, why is Snow White being so ignored in the Fantasyland remodel? She's the 1st princess and there is nothing. He said ''I cant answer that'' Why can he answer that????

What desert buffet???? I saw coffee

for some reason we thought all major rides would be open for the party...The carrousel and Dumbo, wasnt gonna cut it for us, LOL...We could've gotten on Peter Pan and/or Snow White, but we knew transportation would be a pain, so we left early, worked out fine, our bus was there, we were the only people on it, and off we went.

Done differently I would attend another D23 event, but it would really depend on the cost.

I got engaged @ WDW 1/24/10

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast