Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
The Walt Disney Company Discuss D23 Renewal Questions in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; So... today I got another D23 magazine 70th anniversary in the mail....
    WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Re: D23 Renewal Questions

So... today I got another D23 magazine 70th anniversary in the mail.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

CynthiaC925 is offline A-Ticket holder

Did you receive the "surprise" gift pin for renewing? Fed Ex just brought mine - gorgeous!

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder

Yes got the pin yesterday its ok.

shelbell77 is offline Deck 7 Cool Kid!

Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    So... today I got another D23 magazine 70th anniversary in the mail.
    Me too..and I'm kinda peeved about it. Took nearly 6 weeks from when I renewed online to when I got shipping notification for my renewal stuff. Was out of town that week, but arrived home to find my stuff waiting for me. My calendar, my pin, and ANOTHER copy of the 70th anniversary issue that I'd already gotten.

I haven't complained at all about Disney pricing for D23 because I think the magazine is totally worth it. But not if I'm going to miss out on an issue because they started my renewal by sending me an issue I already had. That means I'm only getting THREE magazines not the FOUR I should be this time around.

It just so happened I got a Disneystore.com survey for the renewal purchase..so I filled it out complaining about this. Anyone else have this happen and did you call/email Disney about it?
    -----------------------------------------------

Shelley
    Are you 23??? I am!!

I think I might have figured out what's going on. I renewed at the beginning of the year figuring, "new year, time to recharter" When in reality, my membership didn't actually expire according to my card until a few months later. So I renewed a few months early, therefore getting me the same magazine twice.

I didn't even think about what you said, shellbell. I better get four magazines instead of one twice, only giving me three magazines. Granted it was my fault, but I'm sure Disney would make it right.
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    I think I might have figured out what's going on. I renewed at the beginning of the year figuring, "new year, time to recharter" When in reality, my membership didn't actually expire according to my card until a few months later. So I renewed a few months early, therefore getting me the same magazine twice.

I didn't even think about what you said, shellbell. I better get four magazines instead of one twice, only giving me three magazines. Granted it was my fault, but I'm sure Disney would make it right.
    Well....I don't think it WAS your fault. Any magazine subscription, when you renew it add the additionals to your current end date, not starts from the date of your renewal. Maybe Disney didn't think this thru since D23 is MORE than just a magazine subscription and hence the troubles.

I did get an email back from the survey I filled out complaining about this wanting to set up a time to call me to discuss. I guess I'm glad they want to talk to me about it, but it seems to me the issue should just be taken care of. I shouldn't have to go out of my way to explain the problem again. But if thats the only way to make sure I get my full 4 magazines for this year I guess you gotta do what you gotta do!
    Last edited by shelbell77; 03-31-2010 at 09:50 AM.

Shelley
    Are you 23??? I am!!

Quote Originally Posted by shelbell77 View Post
    But if thats the only way to make sure I get my full 4 magazines for this year I guess you gotta do what you gotta do!
    I think it's good that they're pursuing it
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

So I did hear back. They apologized for the mis-information I was given when I originally inquired about my order that seemed to be held up. They also assured me that my second copy of "70 years" was sent in error, and that my member ship was absolutely renewing when my current expires in april - so I will most definitely get all four magazines I'm paying for - starting with the next one.

I should add - although I think I included all the relevant details in my original survey responses and was annoyed that I had to follow up with them. I do appreciate that they wanted to understand why I was unhappy and make things better. They were super prompt with the follow up both to the initial survey and to my response back (which I was able to email). Its nice to see they are watching carefully for less satisfied customers and looking to make improvements.
    Last edited by shelbell77; 04-07-2010 at 12:53 PM.

Shelley
    Are you 23??? I am!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12