Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
The Walt Disney Company Discuss My Last Disney Magazine in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Manda, I agree with you wholeheartedly. I thought the same thing as my issue came in the mail, which coincided with a trip to the Disney store and my disappointment ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Manda,

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I thought the same thing as my issue came in the mail, which coincided with a trip to the Disney store and my disappointment in the complete lack of "adult" merchandise (No, not THAT type of "adult" merchndise! You know what I mean ).

We as "adults" (I use that term loosely as it applies to me) are the ones that spend the money, yet the quality and quantitiy of merchandise afforded to us has shrunken continuously over the years. Even while in was in WDW, I felt that the selection of adult clothing was not whatit could or should be.

I can personally guarantee a rise in the stock prices if they would just make some cool stuff for me to wear!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    I can personally guarantee a rise in the stock prices if they would just make some cool stuff for me to wear!
    I'd second that comment! I mainly purchase clothes that I can wear to work, with a few side items for the weekend. If I wanted to, I could probably count on just two hands the number of Disney clothes that I've purchased for myself.

The sad thing is that a lot of the remaining "Adult" clothes are geared towards women (in my opinion). I tend to like the more masculine clothes like my shirts for Binford Tools and the Patty Cake Lounge.

I also have a pretty cool weekend shirt that has two dragons that twist around to form the classic Mickey tri-circle outline. Some people have commented on that shirt and didn't even realize it was Disney until I pointed it out.

: . . : . : . : : . . . . : : : . . . : : : : . : . : : : : . : : : . : : . : . . : : : . . : : . : : . . : . :

snuggie is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I have finally received my last issue today. I will probably get the disney's adventures for my daughter. Makes me sad--nothing to look foward to.

I also agree about the adult clothing!!

yensid1071 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I got my last issue too. I'm not going to continue with the other mags. I want Dis Magazine, not the others. If I wanted them, I would already subscribe to them.

I'm right there with you Amanda. Granted, we're expecting our first child, but it's been a long time since TDS has offered any decent adult clothing. Even the catalog has a very limited selection. It makes me sad.... You'd think the bean counters would target adults without kids since they are also Disney fans and may have more disposable income to hand over for purchases. **sigh** Too bad the Disney people don't see the marketing potential in adult clothing.....
    Jay
    Mahna mahna....

Officially escaped the Box on January 4, 2012!

I have short term memory loss. It runs in the family. Well, at least I *think* it does. Hmmmm... where are they???

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    When I started working at the Disney Store it had a great selection for adults, watches, cels, clothes, ties, socks, hats, the Disney Classics Collection. I worked there for five years and the selection depleted bit by bit each year. Now when I go in all I see are toys, plush, and clothes for kids. All of which you can buy at WalMart for considerably less.

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

Has anybody else who requested a refund get their check yet? I made my request on May 20....was hoping to have it before we leave next week for extra spending money for the boys. I had to laugh because the charge for our renewal was just posted on our last Disney Visa bill!!! I've paid, they cancelled so now where's my money!!!!

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    I haven't gotten my refund either Melissa

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I still need to call for my refund. I'm not sure what I am waiting for, let me do that today...
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Quote Originally Posted by Mandabella
    I still need to call for my refund. I'm not sure what I am waiting for, let me do that today...
    they are hoping you will forget so they can send you their awful substitute!

Heffnertj is offline A-Ticket holder

Received my refund late last week (6/9 or 6/10?)

I called, as luck would have it, to receive a refund check as we were driving from home to Orlando for our Disney excursion (around May 22nd). I got a refund check just a few days ago, maybe June 9th or 10th? A day before that, I got a letter saying that the refund had been processed and that I would receive a refund within 4 - 6 weeks. Weird in and of itself, but:

Funny thing was, I thought the refund amount was strange. My subscription was paid through the end of 2007, but my refund was $27.44. Weird amount, I thought.

Hope this info helps those of you who are still waiting...Hang in there!
    Tiffany
    Proud Army Wife and
    Disney Enthusiast (but learning more each day!)

Trips to WDW: 1980, 1997, 1998, 2002, 2005, hopefully Dec. 2007

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I got a letter on Monday June 13 saying I will be getting a refund check in 2 weeks. On Tuesday June 14 I had the refund check. It was for $14.96 for the rest of my subscription that went until Winter `06.

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandabella
    It's things like closing the Disney Magazine, the significant loss of Adult merchandise in the DS, etc. that make me wonder something.

Does Disney really want my money? After all, DH and I currently do not have children. I just get the feeling I'm not part of demographic they care too much about. Do any other adults w/o children or empty nesters ever feel this way too? I understand they are a business, and yadda yadda yadda....but sometimes I wonder.

Manda, I have two children who won't wear Disney clothes. They did when they were small.

When TDS phased out the Adult clothing, I figured my only option was going back to WDW for them . Although the classic classy quality clothes of TDS are quickly becoming a thing of the past.

We were shopping on monday and even though I have not found anything in my nearest TDS in recent years I was shocked and saddened to see it empty. The welcoming Disney logo that adorned the floor at the entrance has been removed and the gate was down as if in a somber funeral observance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacknife
    I also have a pretty cool weekend shirt that has two dragons that twist around to form the classic Mickey tri-circle outline. Some people have commented on that shirt and didn't even realize it was Disney until I pointed it out.

Jac... Is it the logo for the exclusive Imagineering DisneySea pin??

Last edited by MickeyBabe; 06-16-2005 at 11:35 AM.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12