Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The Walt Disney Company Discuss My Last Disney Magazine in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Well, after 13 lucky years I have just received my last Disney Magazine!! If you don't have it yet there is a paper cover that tells you that if you ...
    WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(

Unhappy My Last Disney Magazine

Well, after 13 lucky years I have just received my last Disney Magazine!!

If you don't have it yet there is a paper cover that tells you that if you choose to use up your subscription you can either receive Family Fun or Disney Adventures. I think I will go with Family Fun, since I have a family and I kinda like the recipes and crafts. There is a card that you just send back with your decision.There is a phone number to call if you want your money back.

I haven't read the magazine yet, it is all about Disneyland. I usually like the WDW ones best. I have every copy I have ever received, I wonder if they will ever be worth anything. What is a good way to keep magazines?(no Lou, not at your house )
    Last edited by WDW Donna; 05-17-2005 at 12:02 PM.

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Oh, you can keep them at my... nevermind

It's a sad day for fans of the Disney magazine
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    Due to a gag order put in place by Grumpy Dude, I cannot comment on this thread. Any comment that might take place should in no way be construed as financial-planning advise, a business analysis, or direction from God. Any comment that may or may not be added will be made by myself and not on behalf of the Disney Company, Wall Street, or any other group or collection of people. Grumpy Dude, please forgive me for what I am about to say....

I'm sad .

There, I said it.
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

Geppetto is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by WDW Donna
    Well, after 13 lucky years I have just received my last Disney Magazine!!

If you don't have it yet there is a paper cover that tells you that if you choose to use up your subscription you can either receive Family Fun or Disney Adventures. I think I will go with Family Fun, since I have a family and I kinda like the recipes and crafts. There is a card that you just send back with your decision. I am not sure what to do if you choose to cancel the rest of a subscription.

I haven't read the magazine yet, it is all about Disneyland. I usually like the WDW ones best. I have every copy I have ever received, I wonder if they will ever be worth anything. What is a good way to keep magazines?(no Lou, not at your house )
    Haven't received mine yet, but I'm still hoping Disney will change its mind.
    "Good Geppetto, you have given so much happiness to others. You deserve to have your wish come true."

"Geppetto buono, lei ha dato cosí molta felicitŕ agli altri. Lei il derserve di avere il suo desiderio si č realizzato."

Rgjad is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Okay! Can I cry now?! That was the last thing I want to hear. I just renewed my subscription for 4 years. I love that magazine. I think it is a stupid decision on Disney's part to get rid of the magazine. I can think of things they could do to cut back on money if that's the problem. Oh well!

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyonaDime
    Due to a gag order put in place by Grumpy Dude, I cannot comment on this thread. Any comment that might take place should in no way be construed as financial-planning advise, a business analysis, or direction from God. Any comment that may or may not be added will be made by myself and not on behalf of the Disney Company, Wall Street, or any other group or collection of people. Grumpy Dude, please forgive me for what I am about to say....

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    It's a long story from the original Disney Magazine thread. I was just poking at Grumpy Dude.

I am still sad, though.
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

dizneygrls is offline A-Ticket holder
    I am so disappointed about the magazine...this last issue was my first and only!

What option is everyone going to choose? Family Fun, Disney Adventures of get the money back?
    Dizneygrls

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Disney Adventures is horrible. My family consists of Mr. iwannabeminnie, myself, and Tinkerbell the cat.

(Unless you count the kids--but they are grown and gone.)

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    money back here...My family is me and Gryffin (a kitty).

athenna is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Boston,SSR, AKLV, Will's ship, Balian's castle
    I am so disappointed by this
    I have been reading this magazine for years!
    I will attempting to get a refund, I do not have children so the other 2 magazines do not interest me at all.
    If they need to cut some budget, couldn't they have found something else?

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I got my last issue today...

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    It's sad that the Magazine is ending.

Just got my last issue today. As many others, I am not interested in getting either of the other subcriptions they are offering. So...I called customer service and asked for a refund and might I say that the customer service rep that I spoke with was less than nice! The bad thing is that we had just recently resubscribed...the good news is that I am getting a refund for $25 that I can spend on our WDW vacation in June!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    It's things like closing the Disney Magazine, the significant loss of Adult merchandise in the DS, etc. that make me wonder something.

Does Disney really want my money? After all, DH and I currently do not have children. I just get the feeling I'm not part of demographic they care too much about. Do any other adults w/o children or empty nesters ever feel this way too? I understand they are a business, and yadda yadda yadda....but sometimes I wonder.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast