Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The Walt Disney Company Discuss D23 in Disneyland only in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Does anyone else have a problem with D23 activities taking place only in Disneyland? They are tons of D23 fans on the East Coast and would love to participate in ...
    bmcintyre is offline A-Ticket holder

Unhappy D23 in Disneyland only

Does anyone else have a problem with D23 activities taking place only in Disneyland? They are tons of D23 fans on the East Coast and would love to participate in activities at WDW. I could understand for the first year, but that has come and gone. When will they acknowledge that many people can't travel to California?

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: D23 in Disneyland only

I think you have a very good point and WDW deserves its share of events. Having been to DLR and WDW, I prefer vacations at WDW.

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

I totally agree - even though I'm lucky enough to be attending the Destination D event in September (I'm travelling from the UK), I would love to see fans outside of California get a chance to enjoy more D23 events. They've had a handfull at Walt Disney World, but they should definitely make a point of increasing this and also acknowleding members who don't live in the US at all. What about meets at Disneyland Resort Paris or even outside of the parks/resorts in various cities (similar to Mouse Meets, etc). I hope Disney realise that they are starting to alienate some of their non-Californian members by holding nearly all their D23 events in one place.
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

For the longest time it seemed like DL wasn't getting nearly the love that WDW was. I'm glad to see everything taking place at DL because for once, I can actually get to these events living in Idaho. I would never be able to make to WDW to do these things. Plus it's where it all started and it's turning 55 on Saturday. They'll do a monstrosity of an event I'm sure when WDW turns 50.

I don't consider myself biased by any means, but I'm one of the few who does prefer Disneyland over WDW. I take both of them for what they're worth and I do like them both.
    Last edited by WDW4Ever; 07-14-2010 at 03:43 PM.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Tekneek is offline A-Ticket holder

I have been continuously evaluating D23 since it was launched. Given how all the events are in Anaheim, it has greatly diminished the potential value of membership to me.

Instead of having the D23 Expo every other year, they should swap between the coasts. Of course, if they can get a bunch of east coast people to buy in, without ever attending an event, then they come out ahead. Maybe there aren't a lot of prospective members waiting for the pot to be sweetened just a little bit before jumping in. I don't expect to be able to make it to Disneyland before 2015 at best, so maybe I will just wait and join that year.

Carolla is offline C-Ticket Holder

I will probably join to go to the Expo but otherwise... I won't renew etc.

Let's see..

1. Most events are in S. California..
    2. Advance notice of "in a few weeks"
    3. High prices with MINIMAL info on what you will actually get
    4. Includes "admission"

Hmm...

1. Even though I work in S. California I think it would be nice to "share the love"
    2. I don't want to pay top dollar for air because Disney couldn't plan
    3. Sorry, but if you want that type of cash I need details on what I get
    4. Wouldn't you think that MOST of the D23 types have tickets??? (Yes, but Disney thinks "more cash")

I find it interesting that (a) they now have a 'cheaper' option then the $75 and (b) they are having a member recruitment drive. Maybe it's not the 'cash cow success' they expected?

babyladykatie is offline C-Ticket Holder

Living in Texas it's an ordeal to get to EITHER coast, but my family and I visit WDW EVERY year, sometimes more than once. We are actually excited about going to the Destination D event because it gives us an excuse to visit Disneyland.

I have already decided that I will be renewing under the Silver, less-expensive plan. The only difference is the magazine subscription and as pretty as the pictures are I find myself reading about most of the stuff in there online anyway.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Walt Disney World College Program Alumni - 2003
    *Currently doing everything I possibly can to go back
    to work at WDW.

1989 - Off Property, First Trip to WDW
    1994 - Polynesian Resort
    2000 - Off Property
    2003 - Walt Disney World College Program, Merchandise Hostess, Disney-MGM Studios
    2004 - Off Property
    2006 - Boardwalk
    2007 - Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa
    2009 - Coronado Springs, Got engaged at WDW!!!
    February 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
    December 2010 - Caribbean Beach
    February 2011 - 4-night Disney Cruise on the Disney Dream
    2012 - Disney Wedding!!!

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by babyladykatie View Post
    We are actually excited about going to the Destination D event because it gives us an excuse to visit Disneyland.
    You have to have an excuse to go to Disneyland?
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

babyladykatie is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    You have to have an excuse to go to Disneyland?

Well, when you have to travel across the country to visit any Disney park, you have to decide which one you'd rather visit.

WDW wins everytime.

I love Disneyland, I enjoyed it immensely both times I went.....but WDW is where my heart lies.
    Walt Disney World College Program Alumni - 2003
    *Currently doing everything I possibly can to go back
    to work at WDW.

1989 - Off Property, First Trip to WDW
    1994 - Polynesian Resort
    2000 - Off Property
    2003 - Walt Disney World College Program, Merchandise Hostess, Disney-MGM Studios
    2004 - Off Property
    2006 - Boardwalk
    2007 - Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa
    2009 - Coronado Springs, Got engaged at WDW!!!
    February 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
    December 2010 - Caribbean Beach
    February 2011 - 4-night Disney Cruise on the Disney Dream
    2012 - Disney Wedding!!!