Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The Walt Disney Company Discuss Gift Card Oddities in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; So, to make sure we don't spend our spending money before our trip, I'm putting the money onto a Disney gift card. I was about to click to finish the ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Gift Card Oddities

So, to make sure we don't spend our spending money before our trip, I'm putting the money onto a Disney gift card. I was about to click to finish the transaction on the Disney World site where there is a small selection and a $5 shipping charge when I thought to check the Disney Store. Turns out buying a gift card through the Disney Store site has no shipping charge and a TON of options! Anyone know why the difference?

If anything this is a heads up for people wanting to buy them going forward.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Gift Card Oddities

I think its just for shipping and processing. I don't think the cards are different, although the website had a few different ones than weren't available in my local disney store. You can also add dollars to disney gift cards at the disney store.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Oh yeah I mean I know they aren't any different. Just was blown away that by doing it through one site you had like 5 choices and had to pay $5 for shipping but another site was over 100 choices and free shipping. It's one of those ways Disney can find a way to get just that little bit more from ya.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

tiggerguy is offline As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    So, to make sure we don't spend our spending money before our trip, I'm putting the money onto a Disney gift card. I was about to click to finish the transaction on the Disney World site where there is a small selection and a $5 shipping charge when I thought to check the Disney Store. Turns out buying a gift card through the Disney Store site has no shipping charge and a TON of options! Anyone know why the difference?

If anything this is a heads up for people wanting to buy them going forward.
    Disney World and Disney Stores are two different companies. That could be the reason.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I don't know why, but good heads up on your part and thanks for sharing the difference with everyone.