Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The Walt Disney Company Discuss Roy and Disney, together again! in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Email from SaveDisney received today: Roy Disney and Walt Disney Co. Resolve Differences JOINT STATEMENT FROM THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY AND ROY E. DISNEY AND STANLEY P. GOLD BURBANK, Calif. ...
    disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!

Roy and Disney, together again!

Email from SaveDisney received today:
    Roy Disney and Walt Disney Co. Resolve Differences

JOINT STATEMENT FROM THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY AND ROY E. DISNEY AND STANLEY P. GOLD

BURBANK, Calif. (July 8, 2005) -- The Walt Disney Company, Roy E. Disney and Stanley P. Gold announced today that they have agreed to put aside the differences that have characterized their relationship over the past several years. Messrs. Disney and Gold have agreed not to run a rival slate of directors or submit shareholder resolutions for the next five years. Messrs. Disney and Gold have also agreed to dismiss all their pending lawsuits against the Company. In reestablishing ties with him and his family, the Company has named Roy E. Disney Director Emeritus and a consultant. The Company also reaffirmed its commitment to the rotation of committee members and chairpersons on its Board committees as currently required by the Company's Corporate Governance Guidelines. In putting aside their differences, the Company noted Mr. Disney's long time devotion to the Company and welcomed the reestablishment of a relationship with him and his family. Messrs. Disney and Gold expressed confidence in Mr. Iger's leadership, and as Mr. Eisner retires after 21 years with the Company, they acknowledged his contribution to the Company over the years
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Wow...great stuff.
    It doesn't exactly seem as if he'll be in a position of power in the slightest, but at least he has some attachment. The SaveDisney campaign was dead in the water and going nowhere.

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    Quote Originally Posted by 20K
    Wow...great stuff.
    It doesn't exactly seem as if he'll be in a position of power in the slightest, but at least he has some attachment. The SaveDisney campaign was dead in the water and going nowhere.
    I like the fact that they are working together. The website can still go on.

The site can still go on, but will it continue to serve any purpose?

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by 20K
    The site can still go on, but will it continue to serve any purpose?
    I think it will.

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Very interesting!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

I apologise for my wise-assness earlier on (Years of diving will do that to you), and I just want to make clear that I am thrilled they reached this stage. I had always wanted to see what has happened...er...happen, and I just became more and more disheartened with how the SaveDisney campaign was being run over the internet.
    It started out legitimately and strong, but started to die when it resorted to simply insulting the company. I wish Roy success with this, and hope he'll be able to act as a go-between for the fans and the suits.

Okay everyone, get emailing!
    Let's see if Roy can influence the WDW execs to bring back our favourite extinct attractions! Come on then, who's with me? Ummm....hello? Guys? You there?
    Last edited by 20K; 07-10-2005 at 05:16 PM.

- Walt Disney

Bring back extinct attractions!! Do you think Disney is some cheap theme park.

Quote Originally Posted by jarmitc2032
    Do you think Disney is some cheap theme park.
    The cheaper the better

- Walt Disney

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Here is Roy's letter from SaveDisney, received as an email.

A Message from Roy E. Disney...
    To all the faithful visitors to our site here at SaveDisney:

July 14, 2005 - First of all, please accept my most sincere thanks for your faith and trust in us, and for sticking with us through thick and thin during this campaign. You have been our biggest help in the tough times, and the good times... and there is no way to say "thank-you" any more sincerely than I do now.

It's been a while since last I wrote to you about how much nicer Disneyland has been looking lately, and as you probably know, a lot has happened in that time... maybe the single most important thing being that we here at SaveDisney have come to an agreement with the new management at the Walt Disney Company regarding our mutual relationship.

Accordingly, on August 7th, we will permanently close down this website... with regrets, of course, but also with the satisfaction that it has served its purpose... to inform and educate all of you about the future of the Disney legacy.

One result, which pleases me personally, and my family (which has endured these months alongside me), and of course Stanley Gold and many others here at Shamrock, is that I have been asked to rejoin the Company, as a Consultant, and as Director Emeritus, and to take part in whatever way I can help as a part of the Company, its art and its business. It is my intent to fully be a part of the Company again, to the best of my ability, and I can never fully describe what a joy it is that I will soon be re-connecting with so many friends - - from my past, from my present, and from my future.

There is so much more that can not be addressed here, but there are plenty of encouraging signs toward the future vision of the Walt Disney Company, visions that we share and have shared through these difficult times.

So for the moment, let me thank each of you and all of you for sharing your emotions and your ideas and your passion for what my Father and Uncle Walt created. Join with us as we enter into this new era, and its promise for a "great big, beautiful tomorrow."

On a purely personal note, I only hope than I can come close to living up to all your hopes and dreams, and maybe even play a part in creating some new dreams!

[signed Roy Disney]
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    wow... Disney Corp can even buy out a Disney! Now I've seen it all!

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Roy you are a sell out.

(edit: one man's opinion people, calm down)
    Last edited by Tampa; 07-15-2005 at 08:45 PM.