Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
The Walt Disney Company Discuss Is that all they've got? My view and vent on the new Fantasyland expansion. in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; And more pretty: Fireworks above Prince Eric?s Castle! #NewFantasyland on Twitpic...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Is that all they've got? My view and vent on the new Fantasyland expansion.

Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    The coaster is still in limbo land, Disney is not touting many details just an odd video. I'm guarded with the coaster, not getting my hopes up just yet. Silence on the coaster is deafening. Disney touted so many details about every other aspect of FLE. Curious if nothing else.
    I'm hoping the fact that we're still at least a year away from seeing the coaster means that Disney won't necessarily ***** it up. Plus, just because work hasn't been started on it yet, they've been planning this thing for a few years now, too. With it being the very last thing they add, I'm hoping that means it'll be their premier attraction. Because as you stated in an earlier post, the Mermaid ride isn't quite an E ticket, and clearly Goofy isn't one, either. So what's the draw? Disney's version of Universal's Butter Beer? No. The Be Our Guest Restaurant? Maybe. But once you've eaten for lunch, you're not going to queue up again for seconds. The same way I watched the Enchanted Belle thingie and have pretty much been able to write if off, same goes for the Mermaid ride. As lame as the Nemo ride is, at least something is happening there. With the Mermaid ride, nothing seems to be "happening". I've watched the video, might ride it once, but it certainly won't become a must-ride for me by any means.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I'm hoping the fact that we're still at least a year away from seeing the coaster means that Disney won't necessarily ***** it up.
    Giggle. That literally made me spit my Coke at the screen. Need that laugh today.

Plus, just because work hasn't been started on it yet, they've been planning this thing for a few years now, too. With it being the very last thing they add, I'm hoping that means it'll be their premier attraction. Because as you stated in an earlier post, the Mermaid ride isn't quite an E ticket, and clearly Goofy isn't one, either. So what's the draw? Disney's version of Universal's Butter Beer? No. The Be Our Guest Restaurant? Maybe. But once you've eaten for lunch, you're not going to queue up again for seconds. The same way I watched the Enchanted Belle thingie and have pretty much been able to write if off, same goes for the Mermaid ride. As lame as the Nemo ride is, at least something is happening there. With the Mermaid ride, nothing seems to be "happening". I've watched the video, might ride it once, but it certainly won't become a must-ride for me by any means.
    Yep, we are on the same page. Coaster was already vertical when I was there in April. Tracks seem to be starting to go in now, somewhat. Baby steps.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I'm hoping the fact that we're still at least a year away from seeing the coaster means that Disney won't necessarily ***** it up. Plus, just because work hasn't been started on it yet, they've been planning this thing for a few years now, too. With it being the very last thing they add, I'm hoping that means it'll be their premier attraction. Because as you stated in an earlier post, the Mermaid ride isn't quite an E ticket, and clearly Goofy isn't one, either. So what's the draw? Disney's version of Universal's Butter Beer? No. The Be Our Guest Restaurant? Maybe. But once you've eaten for lunch, you're not going to queue up again for seconds. The same way I watched the Enchanted Belle thingie and have pretty much been able to write if off, same goes for the Mermaid ride. As lame as the Nemo ride is, at least something is happening there. With the Mermaid ride, nothing seems to be "happening". I've watched the video, might ride it once, but it certainly won't become a must-ride for me by any means.

Work hasn't been started on what, yet?

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

I think they're in a little over their heads with the coaster. Parts of the ride are supposed to go under ground, which means a lot of digging and jackhammering going on smack-dab in the middle of FLE during the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Work hasn't been started on what, yet?
    Have they started already? I honestly don't know. I have never visited the parks websites and don't follow the blogs, so I don't have any sort of framework as to progress outside of the few posts on this site.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Yeah, brother. They started on it a long time ago. The excavation took a long time, and being as close as they are to the water table they ran into more problems than they were hoping. But, a major part of the above ground structure is up, and they've even installed a very small portion of track.

Thanks for sharing the picture, Scott. I haven't been there since December of last year, and they were doing a lot of work on the circus tents, at least as far as I could see over the construction walls. My next trip is set for January, so it'll be interesting to see all the changes.

No sweat, Mike. We'll be there December 20th-23rd, and I'll get a pic posted from then as well.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

yeh... Mike I saw virtually the same thing in late August, and I'll be back the end of November, so it will be interesting to see how far they have gotten in 3 months or so... I think this will be the "crown jewel" of Fantasyland when its open, because I feel like most of New Fantasyland is more scenery than substance anyway...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Not making it that much different from before. Just with better scenery.

I already posted that first pic above.

They're both from Adam Roth at WDWNT.

*accidental double post*

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

I wonder what the need to add those what 12 ft. of track so early was...? to show that it was gonna be a roller coaster...? I cant see that being a necessity that early on in building construction, but then again Im not in construction or Imagineering...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast