Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
The Walt Disney Company Discuss Is that all they've got? My view and vent on the new Fantasyland expansion. in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; This is the Dwarf model facing Mermaid...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Is that all they've got? My view and vent on the new Fantasyland expansion.

This is the Dwarf model facing Mermaid

Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

It is these type of photos that make me wonder if this is going to really be a coaster or the E attraction most are hoping for. Disney keeps refering to the attraction as a "train" where fans keep saying coaster. At the speed even Goofy travels you wouldn't be able to appreciate the inner design of Dwarfs. My personal fear is the train will go at a similar speed of Splash and actually be a train vs. a coaster and the "special" effect being tipping from side to side here and there.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

yeh... that could easily be an issue there... but... maybe more like a combination of Big Thunder and Splash... like a slow start and then runaway in the later parts of the attraction... I mean people do see some of the sights on Big Thunder... just not all of them... make you wanna ride it again to see the things missed on the first trip...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    yeh... that could easily be an issue there... but... maybe more like a combination of Big Thunder and Splash... like a slow start and then runaway in the later parts of the attraction... I mean people do see some of the sights on Big Thunder... just not all of them... make you wanna ride it again to see the things missed on the first trip...
    Yeah, this is the main reason I am skeptical about this being the E attraction, too much is unknown. The pictures do indicate train will go faster outside. The breeze in the hair seem to indicate that however the speed of the little dragon kiddie coasters at carnivals do that too. So I will remain guarded for now on the "E", easier to be pleasantly surprised over let down from expecting too much.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Trust me I'm with you on this... But keep in mind that there are plenty of E-Tickets that aren't "fast" but I see your Barnstormer point though... I think it will be more than that... Maybe Spaces speed... It is a lot slower than we all think anyway...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

The computer animated version of it showed it moving at a decent clip. The last thing I'd be worried about is it moving too slow.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

They're building a roller coaster type ride, not a dark ride, so I'm sure it'll move pretty quickly. Though I don't know if they need two coasters in the same area.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Disney continues to carefully word that future attraction as a train vs a coaster. We can parse apart the speed of a video or read speed into the attraction by blowing hair, then still hair, we are all speculating on what Dwarfs will actually be until Disney releases more specifics about this attraction. There is a good chunk of the fan base that believes that Dwarfs will be the "E" of FLE, the other chunk believing it will be a very nicely done kiddy ride unlike Goofy.

The one thing I am noticing is Disney is awkwardly silent about this specific attraction. Throughout the FLE Disney has released details constantly about everything from restrooms to Dumbo queues from the start of the expansion.
    Dwarfs has been the one aspect they have been a tad cagey about. So for now all we really have is our theories.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

In all fairness, it looks like it will be a true roller coaster. Not necessarily something you can say about Barnstormer, which is a kiddie coaster.

Mark is one of the long time sight owners that has been around a long time and I generally trust his take on things. Note his wording this week, '
    drop out of the show building'
    What Dwarfs will evolve to be continues to intrigue me.

A closeup look at the drop out of the show building for the Mine Train shows what appears to be either a stabilization bar or a brake zone mechanism. Photo by Mark Goldhaber.

What are we noting?

His wording. I'm sorry, I thought I had said that in my post. Show building would be an odd description of an indoor coaster. Never heard that description for Space or Rock'n but have heard that for Splash. The photo's and descriptions are leaning me in the direction of a combo similar to Splash, suspense to start, cute little Dwarfs to look at inside and a quick thrill at the end. And a train/coaster in the mountain instead of a log.

If this plays out like I am starting to believe plausible inside the Dwarf mountain, it would make sense that they closed down Snow White's Scary Adventure. The concept draws are a new millenium take off of SWSA.

Don't be snippy.

Looks like it's going to be a rather innovative coaster, IMO. Part dark ride, part thrill ride. Almost Test Track-ish in a sense. Only using a traditional steel tube roller coaster.

Do you see that as a bad thing?

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

It's always been advertised as being somewhere between the level of Big Thunder Mountain and Barnstormer. And I agree with Scott, my thinking on the ride is that it will be a dark ride, perhaps a little more intense than your average dark ride, that turns into a roller coaster experience which will probably most accurately be described as being "slightly more intense than Barnstormer" than "slightly less intense than BTM".

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Don't be snippy.

See. THIS is your problem. You get heated up, blowing things so far out of proportion on multiple threads, and then start name calling or mouth off to members. Then you sit back acting self righteous, like you're the reasonable one.
    The computer animated version of it showed it moving at a decent clip. The last thing I'd be worried about is it moving too slow.
    And my take is different. I think the majority of Dwarfs will not move quickly, more the speed of Splash inside. Thinking a few, quick, acceleration for a quick thrill.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    In all fairness, it looks like it will be a true roller coaster. Not necessarily something you can say about Barnstormer, which is a kiddie coaster.
    And I'm not seeing this. I actually think Barnstormer will be more of coaster experience than the majority of the Dwarf experience. But I'm guessing by the photo's and comments from Guests with access to Disney CMs with knowledge.

Looks like it's going to be a rather innovative coaster, IMO. Part dark ride, part thrill ride. Almost Test Track-ish in a sense. Only using a traditional steel tube roller coaster.

I'm going to be hard pressed, if I am guessing right, to call this a coaster innovative or not. Likely why Disney is calling it a train. I am not seeing it being nearly what Space or Thunder is. Likely the thrill part as long or shorter than Goofy. Again, I'm guessing by what has been provided.

But I would not peg Splash which is one of my favorites (when not broken), as a flume ride, it is so much more and the ending thrill flume is a great ending. I think this is the pattern they are going for with Dwarf.

Do you see that as a bad thing?
    [/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

No. Do you?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast