Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
The Walt Disney Company Discuss Is that all they've got? My view and vent on the new Fantasyland expansion. in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I'll be honest, I haven't read this whole thread, I've just skimmed through it; however, I have a couple thoughts. I keep seeing people talking about "E" attractions. I believe ...
    wdfan is offline Thinking Orange Thoughts

Re: Is that all they've got? My view and vent on the new Fantasyland expansion.

I'll be honest, I haven't read this whole thread, I've just skimmed through it; however, I have a couple thoughts. I keep seeing people talking about "E" attractions. I believe someone even posted that they were unsure if the mine train was going to be a roller coaster or an E attraction... that doesn't make sense. I just wanted to note, that while I agree with some of the ideas expressed, not everything has to be an E attraction. The park needs "lesser" rides to even everything out. Lets remember that this is Fantasyland - the most family friendly land in a family friendly park. Fantasyland plays more to the younger audience and New Fantasyland continues this while being visually stunning. Also, I have heard many fans over the years clamour for more classic dark rides. While I haven't been to new Fantasyland yet, Little Mermaid seems to be that. I believe the person who first started this thread complained of the lack of creativity because Disney simply retold the story of the Little Mermaid... is that not what Peter Pan's Flight is? People want more classic dark rides and when one comes out, they wonder why its not a thrill ride. That being said, I would like to see the return of a ride to the Magic Kingdom that is not based on a movie. The Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc. (even though some have movies based on them now) are arguably the best and most famous Disney attractions and they were made around an original idea / theme and not a movie franchise.
    WDW Marathon '12
    WDW Goofy '13

i-neighborhood Guest

I think a majority of the rides are dark for a park geared towards children.

i-neighborhood Guest

I also in part agree about innovation and imagination and I'm not fond of a ride that's sole purpose is to sit in a circle so some monster can spit on me and my child. That really " " me off. So it does seem that the bottom dollar and some tunnel vision has set in at Disney. Not taking away from what they've done, what they do and what they can do, but it does seem like there in a mode of s.o.p.

And I also think they corporately assume that people will come as the original poster mentioned, however, they should reconsider that if that is part of the mindset. Word of mouth coupled with the internet could prove otherwise if they don't remain customer oriented. I personally feel if people have to wait 2 hours in line for most every ride there's a bit of a problem, not to mention how many guests in one park is enough and when does the enjoyment and guest experience supercede the bottom dollar. Disney created the park for families to come and spend time together, I wonder if the bottom dollar would be 1st over guest experience.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234