Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The Walt Disney Company Discuss Disney Shuts Down LucasArts in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; what? really? Staff were informed of the shutdown this morning, according to a reliable Kotaku source. Some 150 people were laid off, and both of the studio's current projects— Star ...
    rosworms is offline The Harry Potter fandom's little Disney Freak

Disney Shuts Down LucasArts

what? really?

Staff were informed of the shutdown this morning, according to a reliable Kotaku source. Some 150 people were laid off, and both of the studio's current projects—Star Wars: First Assault andStar Wars 1313—were cancelled. Disney will still use the LucasArts name to license games, but the studio is no more.
    Disney Shuts Down LucasArts, Cancels Star Wars 1313 And Star Wars: First Assault
    Disney Trips
    May 1994- WDW (off property)
    May 1997- WDW (off property)
    March 2001- WDW (off property)
    May 2006- Disneyland (off property)
    September 2010- WDW (POFQ)
    October 2012 - Wedding and Honeymoon! - WDW (POR)

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: Disney Shuts Down LucasArts

A mercy killing if ever there was one. That studio as been on an epic cold streak for years. 1313 looked promising, but most of their games did before they came out...

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Agreed. I'm trying my darnedest, but I can only remember 4 games since the Super Nintendo that they put out and I actually enjoyed playing.

I'm sure with the recent news that 1313 was to be about Boba Fett, someone will pick up that game and finish it.

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

I used to love The Monkey Island games
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

They were good, but I believe they were all PC ports, weren't they?

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

You can get them on other platforms, I believe.
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Actually, what I meant was that I didn't think LucasArts were the original publisher. I have since looked it up and stand corrected. Can you believe The Secret of Monkey Island is 23 years old?!

Seems like that was the last time LucasArts made anything worth playing, with the exception of Knights Of The Old Republic...