Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By supernova
The Walt Disney Company Discuss Marty Sklar Appearing in Toms River, NJ 10-21-13 in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Disney Legend Marty Sklar will be appearing in Toms River, NJ at the Toms River Branch Library on October 21, 2013 at 7pm. The event is free but they are ...
    disnycrayz is offline A-Ticket holder

Marty Sklar Appearing in Toms River, NJ 10-21-13

Disney Legend Marty Sklar will be appearing in Toms River, NJ at the Toms River Branch Library on October 21, 2013 at 7pm. The event is free but they are taking registrations. Currently 196 opens are left. Please pass it on to any NJ fans!

OCEAN COUNTY LIBRARY CALENDAR OF EVENTS

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Marty Sklar Appearing in Toms River, NJ 10-21-13

Booked! Now it's 195
    Evilduckqueen likes this.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Anyone else attend? Decent crowd, although the 45+ minute talk dragged on in some points, and not even a few video clips peppered in could keep me in my seat. I wound up walking around the library every now and again. And the moderators took a few too many questions and poor Marty found himself answering the same questions that he must have undoubtedly answered multiple times over his tour. "What's your favorite attraction?" Yeah, I'm sure he's never heard that one before.

Anyway, I had already mailed him my book, so instead I brought my Imagineering coffee table book with me. Joe Rohde's wife, Imagineer Melody Malmberg, who authored the book, already signed it for me, and since Sklar wrote the introduction, I had him sign his page.

Overall, with the rush hour traffic, it took me just under an hour to get there and I walked in about 5 minutes late. Marty was a true gentleman and a pleasure to meet.

Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

disnycrayz is offline A-Ticket holder

I'm glad you made it! It was a sold out presentation, so it really nice to see that he had a great turn out. The venue was pretty nice too.

I made it with my family-Mom, brother, sis-in-law, & 2 neices. Although its true that his actual presentation was a little dry, the videos and pictures were cool (75% of them I hadn't seen before.) I thought the best part was the Q&A. Since he didn't include many personal stories in his presentation, it was wonderful to see how his demenor changed when he thought of one on the spot and told it with childish glee. It's true that the kids asked the same question a few times but his answer was never exactly the same. He was sharp as a tack and extremely gracious. What a treat it was to have our own D23 type lecture in NJ! (It helps that it was in my home town too.)