Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The Walt Disney Company Discuss Disney in Canada in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Hey, does anybody happen to know what and if there are any branches of the Walt Disney Company in Canada? Just Curious...I think Buena Vista Games has a branch or ...
    nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder

Disney in Canada

Hey, does anybody happen to know what and if there are any branches of the Walt Disney Company in Canada? Just Curious...I think Buena Vista Games has a branch or something there...

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    They used to, but I am not sure anymore. When the first Disney Store opened in Toronto in 1992 Disney had offices here. They also used to have an animation studio in Toronto as well because there are a lot of good animators coming out of a college just outside of Toronto. Now that the Disney Stores are owned by The Children's Place so Disney doesn't need to be here for them anymore.
    I so wish there was part of the Disney company in Canada. If anyone else knows of such a beast in the Toronto area PLEASE TELL ME!!!! I really miss working for the mouse!

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

Well I guess I am not allone...haha. I have some family in Canada and have been up there for a bit, and it is beautiful to me. Plus the people are friendly. Just so much different from the states. The bad thing is that aparently Disney dosent have much up there. I have wanted to move to Canada since 8th grade and hope to move there when I am older. But I have also wanted to work for disney as a dream job. So yea, I live in Florida, the perfect place for "The Mouse", but not in the enviroment I want to live in. Cool/Cold, snow, ice. I was looking on the disney employment site and you can search open careers by location, and they aparently have some in Toronto, Canada. But the problem is that it just lists open jobs, and probably only jobs that are really needed to be filled. Like I saw one for some form of management for Global Toys, aparently a branch of the Walt Disney Company. And they also dont list all of the branches and offices they have up there. But I also read that there was a new location for Buena Vista Games in Toronto. I was hoping that they would have something for someone in the Ad field for disney up in Canada. Well, if you hEAR:mickey: anything, let me know! And I will do the same!!!

Absolutely I will let you know if I hear anything. I have worked in Television Production for the last 13 years (ever since I came home from EPCOT International Program) My dream job would be working for Disney in that field.

Resorts we have tried;
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    Coronado Springs -2009

EPCOT International Program? I have never herd of that, unless thats the thing where people from each nation work at their pavilion at EPCOT. Cool, and congrats as your producer career!

You would be correct in your assumtion. I worked in the Canadian Pavillion from June '91 to January '92. We lived in Vista Way back then and it was a blast!! I had so much fun.
    Thanks for the congratulations, the producer title sounds impressive, the same position at my other job is called Assistant Director. Either way I have been put into a position of power! (my boss doesn't realize that it will probably go to my head ) LOL. I'm not used to being the one in control, so this is a real confidence builder for me.

Resorts we have tried;
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    Coronado Springs -2009

Well it still sounds all cool to me. I have to say, the Canada Pavalion has to be my favorite. I just like the style of the buildings, the O Canada Circle Vision Movie, the waterfalls, but now they only have the one shop open, the one that looks like a log cabin or such. They closed the store in the "city buildings". Plus that was the shop where the kidkot fun stop was...I think its somewehere else in Canada now, but I dont know where. I havent gotten a chance to eat the the Le Celler Steakhouse yet either, its suposted to be GOOD! Yea, I hope you have allot of fun with your new job...and Producer sounds cool too. I keep doing Yahoo, Google and even WIkipedia searches and cant find anything about the Walt Disney Co. having brances in Canada! Just that one article I printed out from a Canadian news site talking about Buena Vista Games expanding in Toronto...I wonder if stock holders can request special info...I have a least one share in Disney....haha.

Quote Originally Posted by nick.jeschke
    I have a least one share in Disney....haha.
    So does my DD! That makes two shares between us....twice the power for that special info.

Resorts we have tried;
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    Coronado Springs -2009

Haha, cool! I finaly was able to get onto the net at my dads. I went to EPCOT and looked around the shops and 2 cast members there were playing a game with the glass cups on the counter and a foam ball. They asked me to join so I did, wow, it was fun! And I got a cool cetfificate saying I will never forgit this moment!

Wish I was at EPCOT right now. I love strolling around world showcase just listening to the singing bushes (that's what I used to call them anyway. There was a speaker in a bush behind me when I used to work at the fruit cart just outside Canada)

Resorts we have tried;
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    Coronado Springs -2009

Yea, its one of the most "relaxing" parks they have. I like being able to see some of the things that are made and sold in that country. Fun when its not that full as well, makes it more quiet and plesant. I am shure you have seen the Illuminations fireworks show there, its the best of all of the firework shows that disney has.