Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Do you want the Disney Store to still be owned by the Walt Disney Company??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The Walt Disney Company Discuss Who do you want to see own The Disney Store, Inc.?? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Would you like to see the Disney Store still be part of the Disney Company, or do you want it to go? Please post any comments that you have, along ...
    springer9 is offline A-Ticket holder

Arrow Who do you want to see own The Disney Store, Inc.??

Would you like to see the Disney Store still be part of the Disney Company, or do you want it to go?

Please post any comments that you have, along with your vote in the poll!
    :mickey: Walt Disney Company CM

Currently with The Disney Store

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Yes - if Disney goes back to doing what they do best, and re-inserting the magic that is currently missing from places like the Disney store, it will be the best possible option.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    I think if Disney went back to owning it the selection in the stores would be a whole lot beter.

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    i'm mixed on this one. i work for an outsourcing company in the financial services industry, and outsourcing the stores to another company isn't necessarily a bad thing.

we're able to provide services for our clients at a fraction of the cost they're able to do it themselves. plus, the entire operation is over seen by our partners, so nothing is being done without their approval.

Disney is very into control, my opinion they'll outsource the retail business to another company and ride them hard to make sure it is in line with Disney standards.

Billie is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I find this question rather ironic considering what I am doing right now at my desk.... Currently, I work for a company that prints all the shirts for Walt Disney World/ Land/ and.... the Disney Store (aka "Hoop Retail Stores" out of Secaucus, NJ). I have a nice size stack of Hoop Invoices to complete.. by the way, I didn't know that the Hitch Hickers Guide had anything to do w/Disney.. but I can tell you that soon you will be able to buy the shirts at "the Disney Store."

As such, I should probably not comment on my choice.. but I'll tell you that I did vote..

"Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
    We pillage, we plunder, we rifle, and loot,
    Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.
    We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot,
    Drink up me 'earties, yo ho.
    Drink up me hearties, yo ho!"

-Jessica/ Billie Q

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    i wouldn't mind owning them-next best thing to being ceo of the company....ok waking from dream---disney should keep them

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Me!

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    I don't really care who owns them, as long as they put some better merchandise in there! Lately, there's a lot of "junk" in there. I remember when you could buy pins & watches, & nice ear rings & nice house- things (toasters, dishes). Now, you just have junky toys & some decent tee shrits & PJ's.
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

mikesoccer40 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I believe that Disney should own and run them. The one in Indianapolis recently changed both ownership and location and the results are horrible. The store was fantastic before, perfectly themed and when you shopped there you felt that you where stepping into a store off of Main Street at WDW.
    Now the store is smaller (both uncarpeted and virtually unthemed), the staff is dressed the same but is empty of the Disney spirit that made shopping there previously as an experience and the merchandise is not remotely the quality or quantities that it was previously.
    Disney should rethink this mode of operation, it is not delivering the Disney magic anymore.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Are you referring to the one at Circle Center or the one at Castleton?

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I think that WE should do a hostile takeover and make the Disney Store what we know it should (and CAN) be!

More adult merchandise! Theme park stuff! Wider selection! Pins! The list goes on and on...

(all I want is 51% interest in the company)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    The only Disney Stores I like are in Orlando international airport. If they did that with all there stores their business would be so much better.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

mikesoccer40 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Castleton

Belle1313 is offline When I Wish Upon A Star, I Wish To Go To WDW
    Disney should continue owning the store but add some more magic to it like I remeber it was like when I was little.

AlecTronic is offline Fear The Ears
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    I think that WE should do a hostile takeover and make the Disney Store what we know it should (and CAN) be!

More adult merchandise! Theme park stuff! Wider selection! Pins! The list goes on and on...

(all I want is 51% interest in the company)
    You said it, Lou.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast