Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
The Walt Disney Company Discuss Disney bringing back "old"animators in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Originally Posted by eJud As " Dream on Silly Dreamer " makes clear, Lion King etc just ruined everything! this does me ruined everything as in a good way right?! ...
    PrncsAurora is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by eJud

As "Dream on Silly Dreamer" makes clear, Lion King etc just ruined everything!
    this does me ruined everything as in a good way right?! b/c Lion King is THE best annimated film!! can't tell you how many times i saw it in the theatres!!
    Summer '83-Off Site
    Dec '95- Shades Of Green
    March '98-All Star Music
    March '06-All Star Movies
    October '07-POFQ

Cinderella is proof a shoe really can change your life!

MiraNova23 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouseman View Post
    The future of Walt Disney Feature Animation under Disney CEO Robert Iger, Walt Disney Studios chairman **** Cook and Pixar Animation Studios' John Lasseter and Ed Catmull might lie in the future of CG, but the studio said Tuesday that as it moves forward, it also is returning to its past.

Disney has signed composer Alan Menken, an eight-time Oscar winner and one of the driving forces behind "The Little Mermaid" -- which helped resuscitate Disney animation in the '80s -- to a nonexclusive, multipicture deal.

Highly regarded feature animation directors John Musker and Ron Clements, the team behind such animated hits as "Mermaid" and "Aladdin," also are returning to the Disney fold.

But what about the actual ANIMATORS???

MiraNova23 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Unhappy Dream On, Silly Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by eJud View Post
    Tony West, long time Disney Animator, Florida, who produced the movie they are talking about, "Dream on Silly Dreamer", and got it on DVD (signed). It is quite a good movie and a must see for any fan of "real" animation.

I just saw this movie in my Acting for Animation class yesterday... I CRIED.

My teachers are always telling us to tell stories in a way that will make people cry. I have only ever cried during The Little Mermaid because it reminds me of my life, but I could never imagine actually crying in a theatre in front of other people for a character. This did.

The mom reminded me of when I was in kindergarten. We had to go around and tell what we waned to be. I was still wrestling with the idea that Bambi was drawn by a human and not a living cartoon like in Roger Rabbit. I said I wanted to be an artist. My teacher laughed and said I'd make no money. Well...

When they showed all the desks piled up together LIKE TRASH -- BY DISNEY MANAGEMENT -- I gasped out loud. I was raised on behind the scenes and histories of Disney and such: the legendary animator hunched over a lightdesk, surrounded by toys and priceless artwork, and freely creating MAGIC. When I got older, I learned things were bad, but omg. My friend leaned over (a flash animator eager for 3-D Studio Max) and said to me, "Good luck with 2-D!"

"I'm not doing 2-D."

"What? I thought you wanted to do 2-D-"

"I do want to."

"Well... You still wanna work for Disney?"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12