Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The Walt Disney Company Discuss Eisner or Iger? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Just curious to see the preferance here between now-ousted CEO Mike Eisner and current CEO Bob Iger. Who do you believe had/has the best plan for Disney, both economic and ...
    Contemporary05 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Eisner or Iger?

Just curious to see the preferance here between now-ousted CEO Mike Eisner and current CEO Bob Iger. Who do you believe had/has the best plan for Disney, both economic and keeping Walt's ideas going?

I believe that Eisner was Disney's saving grace when he came into power. He worked pretty hard to bring the company back up, at least economically. I do think it's a shame that all of the power went to his head in the last years of his reign. I don't know about Iger and his money practices, but it seems that he has a good idea for keeping Walt's legacy alive. He also seems slightly more personable than Eisner did. What are your thoughts?

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Hey I think I would make a good CEO.. but that's just me..

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    sorry lori
    i don't think you can ever make them serve alchohol in the MK

but maybe you can be boss of a bar or something
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    I am grateful for Eisner's massive theme park expansion, but I wasn't so crazy about some of the decisions made during his time, mostly regarding some of the attractions in the parks and the insertion of some sub-standard low budget lands and attractions that went into a few places (for example, "Hmm, this Beastly Kingdom idea is running behind schedule, and it's going to cost a lot. Why dont' we scrap the idea and put in Camp Minnie-Mickey, with just a couple easy-to-build show tents instead?")

I don't think Iger has had enough of a chance to really prove himself yet, but I do think he's on the right track. Like Contemp mentioned before me, he does seem to have a thing for keeping with Walt's legacy. Like keeping his promise to get Oswald the Lucky Rabbit back in Disney hands. We'll have to see how he works out over time.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Quote Originally Posted by kylewhit89
    sorry lori
    i don't think you can ever make them serve alchohol in the MK

but maybe you can be boss of a bar or something
    gee thanks kyle..

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    lol
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I don't think we have enough info on Iger to make a great decision like that yet. Eisner had some great ideas, as Igner has some great ideas, however there is always room for error. So ask me again in a couple years. ;-)

Oddly enough at a convention my parents are attending in Orlando in June Esiner is one of the key note speakers. I'm trying to convince them to fly me down for the 24 hours surrounding it so I too, can listen to Eisner talk. I would love the chance to listen to him talk although I'm not sure what exactly he'll talk about.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    I love Eisner where he is. I mean, the only thing that conflicts with me is EPCOT. YES, it was Disney's greatest dream and Eisner trampled all over it, but, let's face it, Eisner saved the company a couple billion dollars. A domed city of the future? That's crazy expensive!
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

urmom1o1 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Its to hard to decide Iger has not been in power for a long enough time but as long as he does not close C.O.P. im fine with him.
    ~Welcome Foolish Mortals!~-Haunted Mansion

http://www.doombuggies.com/home/htm

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    Eisner did do some of the great Disney movies we love today. unlike Iger who gave us movies like "The Wild".
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder
    I would say we need to give Bob more time. Eisner had done great. But you can't say he was not going downhill. And considering that he was CEO and Chairman shows that there was kinda something going on. Also add the fact that Disney left in protest. And I do not like that Eisner also traded more for quality. And also, I do enjoy the current Epcot. But just taking Walt's master dream and making it a small neighborhood that was SOLD! What is needed is someone who DREAMS like Walt. Who actually WANTS to BE LIKE Walt. We need someone who has the nerve to actually go out of his way to create the true EPCOT, a city of change and advance. Oh, we could also thank Eisner for the childish issues with Steve Jobs and Pixar. Also his foolish elimination of animation! Under Eisner, so many great 2D movies came out, but he just turns around and dumps it! Again, Esiner was good for a time, but he want too long and just...well...became wacked out. Bob Iger needs time to correct some of Esiner's "mistakes". And no, I don't hate Esiner. He had his time and took it too far, even a Monorail pilot told me that he had been working at WDW for years and Esiner was running it into the ground. What Disney needs is another Walt, or someone like him.

nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by ERich2010
    Eisner did do some of the great Disney movies we love today. unlike Iger who gave us movies like "The Wild".
    Don't forget how the movies during his time were getting toward the end. Treasure Planet, Brother Bear, Home On The Range...how great were those? I kinda liked Brother Bear a little bit though.

The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior
    Well, Iger nixed the 65 episode rule for Disney shows, and seemingly the 'no more 2D movies' idea. So for the parks, I vote Eisner, but for television/movies/media, I'd say Iger. But they both have their own strengths and weaknesses, Eisner was pretty good for the company until his later years.
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?