Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The Walt Disney Company Discuss Winnie the Pooh Gets Hollywood Star in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Winnie the Pooh Gets Hollywood Star Wed Apr 12, 10:05 AM LOS ANGELES - Winnie the Pooh sure does love his honey, but the beloved bear now has something just ...
    Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius

Winnie the Pooh Gets Hollywood Star

Winnie the Pooh Gets Hollywood Star
    Wed Apr 12, 10:05 AM

LOS ANGELES - Winnie the Pooh sure does love his honey, but the beloved bear now has something just as sweet: a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

The children's character, created in the 1920s by British author A.A. Milne, was joined Tuesday at the star's unveiling by his Hundred Acre Wood pals Tigger, Eeyore and Rabbit.

Pooh debuted as a cartoon character in the 1966 Disney featurette "Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree," and went on to star in dozens of films, specials and several cartoon series.

"I know that Winnie would react to all this fanfare by simply saying, `Oh bother," said Robert Iger, CEO of The Walt Disney Co. "But, Winnie, you really are worth a bother."

Milne named Pooh after a stuffed bear owned by his son Christopher Robin Milne.

The ceremony coincided with the DVD release of 1997's "Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin," which marks the bear's 80th anniversary.

Photo: Johnny Grant, the honorary Mayor of Hollywood, poses for a photo with from left, Rabbit, Winnie the Pooh, Eeyore and Tigger during a ceremony Tuesday, April 11, 2006, celebrating Pooh's 80th anniversary with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in Los Angeles. Pooh, created in the 1920's by British author A.A. Milne, debuted as a cartoon character in the 1966 Disney featurette "Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree," and went on to star in dozens of films, specials and several cartoon series.(AP Photo/Nick Ut)
    Last edited by Stitch; 04-12-2006 at 12:24 PM.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    That is wonderful. I love Pooh!

How cool for Pooh!!!!! He has brought many years of joy and laughter to so many!!!

C#ern@b0g is offline I have great faith in fools; self-confidence, my friends call it...
    That is such a great thing!

I'm very glad that it's not some disposable celebrity getting one for a change, and someone really deserving recognition...
    I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it - Edgar Allan Poe

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    lol how funny! That's awesome. I used to love Pooh when I was a little baby. I still kinda do *looks around shifty-eyed*
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Soccergirl426 is offline Annual Passholder
    YEAH FOR POOH! at least its not a ditzy celeb!!!!!!!!

HappyDznyCamper is offline Annual Passholder
    Pooh Bear is the best and now he has a star to prove it!
    Maggie

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Go Pooh! Much more deserving than those Olsen twins.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    About Time! The Wonderful Silly 'Ol Bear finally receives some positive recognition!!! Now I just need to make a trip to get a picture taken with the star! hahahaha
    Gotta Love Winnie the Pooh and friends! (yes I know, some around here strongly dislike the our pooh bear but I still love him!
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!