Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The Walt Disney World College Program (WDWCP) Discuss Disney College Program @ Anaheim in the Cast Members forums; Hey there.. I'm really interested in working at Disneyland. (yep, in Anaheim) As of now, I am willing to take any job as long as i'm there. But even more, ...
    Treble is offline A-Ticket holder

Disney College Program @ Anaheim

Hey there..

I'm really interested in working at Disneyland. (yep, in Anaheim) As of now, I am willing to take any job as long as i'm there. But even more, I want to bring a smile to the face of children there. Its a past experience thing... The people many years ago made me smile, and left me with nice memories. I want to return the kindness by giving such memories to others.

I found out about the College Program, since I am in college now! Freshman!

The one in DISNEYLAND, how does it work? I have been reading in many places about people initiation and experiences. And they WANT you be a college student.

So how does it work around your college schedule? And what is it with the "Staying there" "Dorming" "Going away from home"?

I live in Los Angeles, and I don't mind driving to work everyday.

Is staying there at Disneyland optional?

Im very confused about that. I just want to be a part of the college program! And still go to college and such! I don't really wanna take a semester off. If thats what they are expecting. I don't want to miss this opportunity to work for the community of disney.

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    Firstly, Welcome to the DWT family! Hopefully, someone on this site with the right knowledge can help you answer that question. I think it is great that you want to make other people's lives more pleasurable through a great career~

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

thanks! I hope so too.

Im planning to go to their presentation on the 11th of January. But I would also like to know ahead of time if this is a full time internship.

*sigh* I just want to work there. I don't even mind if i ended up working for "free". As in the salary I get would be used just to pay for the gas going back and forth there from l.a. lol.

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    Somebody know where this college student can find this information(Hopefully this post will bump this thread up, so you may be able to get an answer!)

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    The only information I can find regarding the DL College Program is on the Disney site: http://disney.go.com/disneycareers/d...isneyland.html

Most information I have heard about is regarding the WDW college program. Regardless of whether you do it in WDW or DL, I know there are some DWTers who have done it who could possibly offer some advice.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

thank you! for some reason that page kinda help me out and made me feel a bit better.

With the fact that they said this: "In certain instances, Advanced Internships may be completed while attending school." lol.

And thank you DF! I'll take your suggestion and try it out. : )

It's funny that theres almost no info on the program at disneyland! XD Disneyland is special toooooo. ^^ hehe

jillmason7 is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Disney College Program @ Anaheim

Quote Originally Posted by Treble View Post
    Hey there..

I'm really interested in working at Disneyland. (yep, Anaheim Tours) As of now, I am willing to take any job as long as i'm there. But even more, I want to bring a smile to the face of children there. Its a past experience thing... The people many years ago made me smile, and left me with nice memories. I want to return the kindness by giving such memories to others.

I found out about the College Program, since I am in college now! Freshman!

The one in DISNEYLAND, how does it work? I have been reading in many places about people initiation and experiences. And they WANT you be a college student.

So how does it work around your college schedule? And what is it with the "Staying there" "Dorming" "Going away from home"?

I live in Los Angeles, and I don't mind driving to work everyday.

Is staying there at Disneyland optional?

Im very confused about that. I just want to be a part of the college program! And still go to college and such! I don't really wanna take a semester off. If thats what they are expecting. I don't want to miss this opportunity to work for the community of disney.
    I realize this is an older post but I am now in the same boat as the original poster and was wondering whether what was said in this thread still applies now as it did then?

thanks in advance!

-jill