Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The Walt Disney World College Program (WDWCP) Discuss Quick Service Food in the Cast Members forums; Sooo....I'm doing the college program and I got the position of Quick Service Food and I'm not gonna lie, I am SOOO bummed! I knew I should have chosen a ...
    Sparrowni2010 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quick Service Food

Sooo....I'm doing the college program and I got the position of Quick Service Food and I'm not gonna lie, I am SOOO bummed! I knew I should have chosen a different choice....they told me to express the four jobs I would want, I only had 2 I was expecting to give and that was Operations and Merchandise....so I added in Costumes and Quick Service Food.....i even sent them my form with 1st choice, 2nd choice etc....QSF was my last choice...I think it's cause I applied so late that the other positions were filled.

Anyway....can anyone change my mind on this position? Tell me reasons as to why I shouldn't be so bummed....My family is already joking that I am going to end up selling Turkey Legs which has been a running family joke for years...

I'm still going because I love Disney and if I turn it down, that's obviously going to hurt any chances of me working there in the future. So what adive can you give?

I appreciate anything you might have to offer me! Thanks.

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    i would asume this is like most jobs.. you really dont wanna get out of bed.. but once your there its not to bad.. and most teens and college students end up in fast food service.. but some are not as lucky as to be working in the happiest place on earth! it could have been taco bell in nowhere kentucky... or you could be like me delivering parts for a parts company in nowheres kentucky..every one must start somewhere and i say take it, make the bestof it, be a stand out employee, and try to catch the first position heading in a direction in which you would like head into ...

it sounds like a party you got invited to that you really dont know if its the kind of party you wanna go too... but when you show up because you need too ( to just make appearance or just curosity gets the best of you)... but like all parties i think once you get there... you'll be partying up and havin a ball!!!
    Last edited by Chrissy&Tayen; 05-14-2007 at 07:16 PM.
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

thanks...i do know someone from my college who did it and he said that it pays 50 more than the other jobs (besides Character) and...he sold a hot dog to Johnny Depp..so that is definately a perk! haha......I think I wouldn't mind it so much if I had my own cart....For some reason, I think I'd be more disappointed if I ended up working in one of the Quick Service Restaurants...those places get so cramped....he says another perk is that the day goes by much faster...I just wish I had said a different job...then maybe I would have gotten operations because that's what I really wanted....or merchandise so I could sell pins

i'm sure you'll have your day! i would enjoy it!! and i would whistled while i worked...LOL
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Food Service is far from glamorous, but there will be thousands of people who will be grateful that you are there and giving them something to eat. Just think of all the times YOU'VE eaten in the parks. Weren't you glad someone worked in food service? Here's hoping you get to serve at least one celebrity a tasty meal, and that you make lots of new friends from all over the country. Consider too, that you could be doing this in some really boring city or town with no chance of seeing Mickey.

AND....I'm challenging everyone on this site to remember to thank their servers this year when they go to WDW. (It could be a DWT worker that's making your day magical.)

Thanks to all the do-bies that make WDW our favorite place on earth. You can have all the executives you want, but without the worker bees, nothing would happen.
    Without you we'd be hungry, be looking for a clean bathroom, and never get waited on in the stores.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

so very very true honey!
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

peterpanflight is offline Fastpass Holder
    i did the college program starting at the boneyard in the animal kingdom. I myself was really bummed because my first choice was attractions and here iam getting put in the boneyard of all attractions. I said i was really unhappy there and they put me in the kilimanjaro safaris. I would see where you are at first and try it out...if you really hate it ask if you can be switched to something else.
    shannon

oh, I didn't know I could ask to be moved....i heard that it's like...you are where you are so deal with it....thanks for the tip

and thanks everyone else for the advice...it's good...and it made me think a little bit more

So I waited everything out....not only am I not working Quick Service Food, but I didn't even have to ask! Disney called ME and asked if I wanted to work in Operations!!!!! Of course I said yes, and now I am working in MGM Studios at The Magic of Disney Animation giving tours and stuff....I am also training to be one of the artists who work there...so thanks everyone for the advice! I'm glad I stuck around!!