Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
The Walt Disney World College Program (WDWCP) Discuss Disney College Program in the Cast Members forums; Originally Posted by WDWHM9707 I'm a CP at the Haunted Mansion right now. I really love working there. As others have put before it is a rewarding experience but it ...
    echoscot is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWHM9707 View Post
    I'm a CP at the Haunted Mansion right now. I really love working there.
    As others have put before it is a rewarding experience but it is what you make of it.
    A word of caution: You may get stuck with crappy roommates. My first set of roommates were pretty much using the CP as a three month party away from school. Thats probably why most of them got termed before they completed their program. On the other hand i know people who love their roommates. I would just be prepared for the worst and hopefully your roommates will be fine.
    I bet you were relieved they got sent home. Did you have the place to yourself for a while? That was probably pretty nice..

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWHM9707 View Post
    I'm a CP at the Haunted Mansion right now. I really love working there.
    As others have put before it is a rewarding experience but it is what you make of it.
    A word of caution: You may get stuck with crappy roommates. My first set of roommates were pretty much using the CP as a three month party away from school. Thats probably why most of them got termed before they completed their program. On the other hand i know people who love their roommates. I would just be prepared for the worst and hopefully your roommates will be fine.
    I guess I must be lucky, because over 3 CPs none of my roomies have been termed. I hope it stays that way over the next ones too.
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by joanna71985 View Post
    I guess I must be lucky, because over 3 CPs none of my roomies have been termed. I hope it stays that way over the next ones too.
    I agreeMy CP'er is still there until Jan. 4th. They have 6 in their Vista Way apts. They are still together as are their friends in other apts., my guess is as happy as they will be to go home/back to college and see their family and friends it is going to be difficult to leave their Disney friends that became their new family for 6 months.

I'd send my other student to CP, everything in life has a downside but I think the CP, the good things far out weigh the negative. Hope you all have an enjoyable time like my CP'er has. Now go have the time of your life

LisaAnn is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I am a senior in high school right now, but ive been interested in the college program for a few years now....working in WDW is something that I have always dreamed of doing, and this seems like the perfect opportunity to do so! I dont think Ill apply until im like a junior in college, which will be in like 2011, because I want to go in the spring, but I CANNOT wait until the time comes for me to go! From all your stories, it sounds like it was just as great as it sounds!
    ~Lisa~
    DCP Fall 2012: Strollers/Main Entrance Merchandise, Magic Kingdom
    Vacations to WDW: 20
    Vacations to DL: 2

04CP_ Nolan is offline Dole Float + POTC= Good Day
    well if you lived in Florida you could try to be in the Headstart Program. it's set up for highschool students, and i met several great kids from that program while i was there. i hope you get the chance to live your dream, i remember that first time walking onto property and thinking "I work in Disney World." you'll never be quite the same again after that.

coasterfreak516 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by 04CP_ Nolan View Post
    well if you lived in Florida you could try to be in the Headstart Program. it's set up for highschool students, and i met several great kids from that program while i was there. i hope you get the chance to live your dream, i remember that first time walking onto property and thinking "I work in Disney World." you'll never be quite the same again after that.
    I second that. That is true. It will be different when I go next year a total guest again...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234