Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The Walt Disney World College Program (WDWCP) Discuss Nervous/Shy in the Cast Members forums; I live in the Tampa area so Orlando is only about 45 minutes away. I'm graduating in December, but talked to some of the gals at school who've participated in ...
    aurora&goofy is offline B-Ticket Holder

Nervous/Shy

I live in the Tampa area so Orlando is only about 45 minutes away. I'm graduating in December, but talked to some of the gals at school who've participated in the Disney college program and they said i need to apply soon (before graduation). I'd really like to go but at the same time i want to make sure that i'm totally up for it. I'm pretty outgoing once i get to know people but at first i'm really quiet. Everyone i've talked to absolutely raves about it and said it was the best time of their life. Is there any advice anyone can offer?

I plan to attend the meeting on campus in November about WDWCP for additional information.

I guess i'll post some questions to make it easier:

1. You get to chose your top picks for what you'd like to do. Do you usually get your top picks?
    2. How many hours a week are required to work. I've been told that you can work up to 40 and get paid time and a half.
    3. On my days off could i drive back to Tampa to go home, visit friends, etc.
    4. Can you have guests while you're living there?

Thank you
    and

cp1999 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    1. You get to pick your top I think it is 3. They can not guarentee that you will be working in anything you pick. I picked merchandise as my first and got it.
    2. I can not remember what you are required to work, but I always signed up for overtime. I did not receive time and a half till after my 40 hrs.
    3. Your free to come and go as you please.
    4. Yes you can, but they have restrictions. They have to check in and out. They have time restrictions. Like check in no earlier then___ . Check out no later then.

This was back in 1999. Hope this helps a little. I am with your friends. You should do it. I was once shy at first, but the college program and Disney in general broke me of this.
    Mike from Rochester. Yes that Mike from Rochester.

Vista Way- 1999
    Coronado Springs- 2000
    All Star Movies- 2003
    Caribbean Beach- 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge- 2005
    Saratoga Springs- 2008

AllAbouttheMouseketeer #119

TEAM VOICE '09
    "Many Goals, One Voice"

Dawormissofresh is offline A-Ticket holder
    I was a CP Spring 2007

1. You get to pick your top 3 and theres no guarantee that you get what you pick but my first choice was entertainment and I got it but you have to go to an audition for that

2. They are required to give you at least 30 hrs a week and my normal was about 32 to 36 hours a week but I picked up shifts all the time because I loved my job. Also it depends on what role you get and how needy that role is. I had friends that would be scheduled to work 40 to 50 hours a week.

3. cp1999 pretty much answered that

4. When I was there last semester guests had to be out by 1:00am but they were not stricked at all on enforcing that but they are stricked on signing guests in. But if you do decide to have a guest stay overnight, have them park there car outside of your apt complex and they will have no way of knowing if they are still there or not. I once checked someone in at 12:30 am and I didn't take them home until way after 1.

I really havent met anyone who did the college program that didn't enjoy it. I would definitely suggest doing it because it will be the best time of your life and if you don't decide to stay full time when you go to apply for other jobs everyone asks about Disney because it is such a well known company and it really is a good resume booster!!!

ps. I love goofy haha