Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The Walt Disney World College Program (WDWCP) Discuss August 2008 WDW CP in the Cast Members forums; Well... I did it I watched the E- Presentation, filled out the Roles Checklist and scheduled my interview My interview with a WDW CP CastingDirector is on Tuesday,January 22nd, at ...
    LordofStitch is offline B-Ticket Holder

Talking August 2008 WDW CP

Well...

I did it

I watched the E- Presentation, filled out the Roles Checklist and scheduled my interview

My interview with a WDW CP CastingDirector is on Tuesday,January 22nd, at 2:30 PM EST.

I read alot of testimonials, and me and my girlfriend, o8Catrina8o, have done alot of work, we've come up with quetions to ask, and we've even did mock interviews with each other. And yet I am still petrified, NERVOUS, about doing my interview. I suspect the interviewer will know that alot may be nervous, so it will be ok, and I am allowed to gather my thoughts before I answer the questions. I am confident I will do well, but mot of the time, when under pressure, or nervous, I stutter, and act like a complete fool. I KNOW, that if I maintain a smile, it will show in mytone and voice, and that person on the other end of the hone, jotting down notes and such, will realize that I would be a welcome part to the Disney Community. If I am accepted, that means a whole new wardrobe, an apartment with 3-6 other guys at Vista Way, and alot of karaokeing at the Cool Bean's Cafe, oh and the BINGO nights full of free groceries is a MUST-WIN for me :-) You should hear me sing Bet on It or Gotta Go My Own Way (HSM2), I do an awesome job in both with my gf, who HOPEFULLY, will also be attending.

Anyway, I am just wondering, WHO ELSE ON THIS WONDERFUL FORUM, will be TRYING to attend the August 2008 session of the CP??? And have you already, like me, started thinking of what to bring, wear and pack??? I am going insane, and I haven't even had my interview yet, but like I said, I am over confident, just don't really know if that's a good thing or not.

L8r all, time to hit the sack (bed)

Night night.

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!
    Good luck to you! I'm sure it will go well. Unfortunately I can't miss anymore school, so I will only be down in FL for the summer (hopefully).
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'll miss you by a year but anyway good luck. Tell us what kind of questions they asked so us future CPer's will know what to look for.
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

Yeah, I'll let you all know the questions they ask me tomorrow. I am eger to get it done, but frightened that myquestions will be too short.

So, here are some of my responses WITHOUT the questions they may, or MAY NT, ask me:

Gawrsh!!!! Hyuk!! Heya Pete. Max, I love you son... Mainly, because he is alot like me, a good doer with a great heart of gold, and loving and caring, but wierd and misunderstood sometimes. But then again, the Boss is an amazing guy!!!

... Honestly, I'd have to say that when NASA collaborated with the Imagineers, they created an amazing and thrilling ride. It's an AMAZING sensation (smiles)

I am a Networking & Technology/Securities Student, so I would love to learn how to control the computer systems. I also have an amatuer class in Engineering, I am fairly divrsified, but, given the chance, I would love to create an attraction for the park.

Happiness... Magical... Celebration... (Of course, being who I am, I will be thinking of ((Fireworks, FireWorks, FIREWORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!)) :p

Only twice...

I think tht by doing this, I will further y career, and make me a bettr person. By doing what I love to do, make people happy, I can easily offer some happy magic to many people, even if they are unhappy, before they meet me. I have that glowing aura around me.

That's all I have thus fa, but I am pretty eager/confident/happy to get it done. Pray for me, for tomorrow, Disney is calling me @ 2:30 PM EST (Bites figernails incessantly) LOL

You'll do fine. Good Luck!
    - Matt

Thanks Matt, I appreciate the support. I'll let you know how things went tomorrow.

o8catrina8o is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Hey people LOVE U STEVE<3 we so got in hun <3
    1993 - Dolphin
    1995- Aunt House
    1997- Off Site
    1999- Off Site
    2000- Coronodo Springs
    2002- Port Orleans and All Star
    2003- Off Site
    2004- Off Site - Christmas Time
    2005- Pop Century -Christmas Time
    2005 -Carribean Beach - DIsney Wonder
    2005- Disneyland- Spring Break
    2006- Pop Century - Halloween
    2006- Polynesian - My High Graduation
    2007 - Pop Century
    2007- All Star Sport- Christmas TIme
    2008 - Port Orleans
    2009 - Disney Land

August 2008 WDW CP

First off, I would love to thank all of you for the support.

Secondly, she asked me which roles interested me, and I replied:

1.) Attractions

2.) Recreation

3.) Transportation

Lastly, the recruiter kept on talking about the monorail system and made sure I had a drivers license. I assume I will be a pilot for the monorail, one of them anyway. I was a nervous wreck, and at one point, I lost the call, bu tshe called back. She laughed alot, and at the end of it all, she said "Well, I am pretty sure we will be talking to you soon!" So...

I am pretty sure that come Aughut 2008, I wll be in the WDW CP, at Vista Way.

She asked me specific questions, like giving me scenarios. One of them was that I was a Cast Member for Space Mountain, and a young boy who did NOT meet the height requirements wanted to go on, but was not allowed, how would I handle it??? It was difficult, but I thought my answer passed.

She asked if I had any tattoo's, in which I said yes, 1 on my right shoulder, but it can eaily be covered up.

She asked me about emergency situations, and if I am cool under fire/pressure.

She asked me who my favorite chaacter is, and of course, it's Stitch, Goofy, Mikckey and then Pluto.

The first 10 minutes are the general questions:

Ever been convicted???

Your SS #

E-mail address??

Street Address??

If you agree to the wage(s)

I hope this helps you everyone. Take care

echoscot is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Good luck with your CP, sounds like you did well on the interview...But just as I posted in another thread, don't go there expecting that it's all play...you will do some really hard work, long hours late at night and very tiring. You may have very little time for social stuff. There will be some, but still be prepared to work hard. It's a great experience.

Good, I told you that you would do fine.

I have considered Attractions, Hospitality, and Transportation (I would LOVE to drive the monorail). I can't wait to do it. Thanks for all of the info, and be sure to tell us how you did.
    - Matt

In the coming few weeks, I SHOULD, receive my package saying CONGRATULATION'S.....! So, once I find out what I will be doing, HOPEFULLY, they actually put me in Mission Space, Test Track OR Space Mountain, even though driving the monorail is awesome, I will let you all know how everything goes...

I failed to mention one thng though:

My recruiter's name was Tara... Se had the same voice of the girl Tara in the E-Presentation, and she giggled alot, lol... I think she was one and the same, haha

That's cool! Maybe I'll get her as my recruiter/interview giver.
    - Matt

Hey Everyone as u know steve ( lord of stitch ) and i had our interviews and ar super excited although they didnt tell us we were in im so suer we are well in 1-3 weeks we will get notification if we are in yet or not

Wish us luck

Love You All

Catherine
    1993 - Dolphin
    1995- Aunt House
    1997- Off Site
    1999- Off Site
    2000- Coronodo Springs
    2003- Off Site
    2007 - Pop Century
    2008 - Port Orleans
    2009 - Disney Land

August 08 - College Program ( o8catrina8o ) Journy

Hey Everyone as u know steve ( lord of stitch ) and i had our interviews and ar super excited although they didnt tell us we were in im so suer we are well in 1-3 weeks we will get notification if we are in yet or not

Wish us luck

Love You All

Catherine
    1993 - Dolphin
    1995- Aunt House
    1997- Off Site
    1999- Off Site
    2000- Coronodo Springs
    2003- Off Site
    2007 - Pop Century
    2008 - Port Orleans
    2009 - Disney Land

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Best of luck. My son just came back from CP'ing and was in Vista. When the CP did his interview the Happy Packet came much quicker than they indicated.
    They told him that it would come to our home address and oddly it went to his dorm in another state. Go Figure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast